Hey Disney, While Not Sailing, would you PLEASE...

Better dairy free desserts. Fresh fruit and raspberry sorbet gets old after a few days.

When we sailed on the Dream in December they had the new allergy menus. With that came a quite nice selection of desserts that are allergy-friendly including safe for those who are dairy-free.

So, lets hope if they haven't already that they bring those to the entire fleet.

SW

So that's the problem why some people are confused because there are separate stations so there is no line. Too many people are looking for the beginning of the buffet but its what ever station you want to start at.

Exactly!!! We know there is no line and the cast members keep telling everyone there is no line. BUT...we always get the people that feel that since we move past them that we are butting into the line which we are not. I would just like the one way line back. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s changed due to Covid19.

See, now the thing is, when the Dream class was built, a single file line through the buffet was not the way that most other cruise lines handled it. They have "stations". You can go from one to another, in no particular order. DCL designed the new Cabanas with that in mind.

There is no "line" in Cabanas. Each station is a stand alone "come and serve yourself" location. Well, it may not be serve yourself once cruising returns, so no one knows for sure how it's going to play out.
I"m sorry, but I have been to Cabanas many times and there is a line (whether there is supposed to be one or not, there is one) and it's crazy sometimes. The other stations yes, but for the main side dishes and most of the meats it's a long station that has a line coming from both ends. People line up and get upset if you cut in.

Start a knew experience that allows a very limited number of guests to be “Castaways” for a night or more on Castaway Cay. A type of sweepstakes could work the same way folks win a stay overnight in Cinderella’s Castle.

Start a knew experience that allows a very limited number of guests to be “Castaways” for a night or more on Castaway Cay. A type of sweepstakes could work the same way folks win a stay overnight in Cinderella’s Castle.
From what I understand, you don't want to be on Castaway Cay at night. Too many bugs.

Write new trivia questions — ask those who sail enough to have the answers memorized to play just for fun and not take the winners spot at every opportunity; encourage players to form teams and meet new people
Just have a lot of trivia questions and cycle them through. There should be enough that people that cruise a lot won't just know all of them unless they really are trivia lovers.

I was rather disappointing to see the same family at the same table each day hammer out every answer to each question at assorted activity’s. It’s the feeling that you are only watching the game since you know who is winning the game. Last 2 cruises one family for every game.

Yes! The photo system really needs a revamp.
YES!!! Disney encourages vacations of large family groups either with grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc and to not have linked photos is ridiculous. The Memory Maker is a huge hit for large family groups and they make it so easy to share pictures that way. To have to spend hundreds of dollars per stateroom is ridiculous.

YES!!! Disney encourages vacations of large family groups either with grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc and to not have linked photos is ridiculous. The Memory Maker is a huge hit for large family groups and they make it so easy to share pictures that way. To have to spend hundreds of dollars per stateroom is ridiculous.
I would think a bulk discount would be fair. Maybe a limited amount of photos.
If aunt Jane and uncle Charlie and both of their two kids have individual pictures with Mickey and Minnie every day in their different outfits with a group picture, just their family, then with grandma and grandpa, Jane’s sister with grandma and grandpa, just the grandbabies with grandma and grandpa. Just the grandbabies,... then maybe it’s not a great idea anymore.
Maybe they can offer “Great Groups with the Gang” photo package. 20 pictures in a book with 6 or more people required for each photo. Individual photos sold separately.

I would think a bulk discount would be fair. Maybe a limited amount of photos.
If aunt Jane and uncle Charlie and both of their two kids have individual pictures with Mickey and Minnie every day in their different outfits with a group picture, just their family, then with grandma and grandpa, Jane’s sister with grandma and grandpa, just the grandbabies with grandma and grandpa. Just the grandbabies,... then maybe it’s not a great idea anymore.
Maybe they can offer “Great Groups with the Gang” photo package. 20 pictures in a book with 6 or more people required for each photo. Individual photos sold separately.
With the memory maker, you get the digital files for you to print at home at your leisure. I think that's reasonable rather than printing onboard with a photobook. Personally, I would rather have all the images and then I can order my photobook online at home

Write new trivia questions — ask those who sail enough to have the answers memorized to play just for fun and not take the winners spot at every opportunity; encourage players to form teams and meet new people
I think they should just add more trivia questions and cycle through them more. No reason to stop frequent cruisers from winning. That isn’t fair to them.

With the memory maker, you get the digital files for you to print at home at your leisure. I think that's reasonable rather than printing onboard with a photobook. Personally, I would rather have all the images and then I can order my photobook online at home
Oh I would too, but assumed that would not be profitable enough for them. Maybe if they limited the digital number to 3-4 a day.

Just have a lot of trivia questions and cycle them through. There should be enough that people that cruise a lot won't just know all of them unless they really are trivia lovers.
You’d like so huh. Me too. I’m referring to the trivia’s that happen in the pubs. We cruise about once a year and there always seems to be one group of folks that dominate every single trivia. it just gets old. Why try if you have no chance at feeling the sense of knowing the tidbits of random information or knowing the song, and getting it right; and not having them memorized from previous cruises. Would it be fair to ask the heavily repeated cruisers not to claim another victory and let the cruisers that haven’t heard all the questions before have some fun, maybe not fair, but definately better sportsmanship. IMO of course, I know DCL would never do that.

I'd love for DCL to figure out a way to have something open 24hrs on the ships
For those of us who are early risers, or night owls.

Personally I'd love funnel vision to be 24hrs (no reason for it not to be, imo)
But it could also be the gym (or parts of it), a place where you could go sit down and grab a drink or a snack real late at nite or real early in the AM (Flo's, Cove cafe, O'gills) or even the jacuzzi in the adult area.
We cruised HAL the year before with our kids, and being West Coaster who basically stayed on a West Coast schedule on a Caribbean cruise and we were struck by the lack of things to do after late seating dinner. They did do an encore presentation of the Golden Mickey's on our cruise at 11:30 pm and that was awesome. But we were about the only ones out with our kids at midnight on the decks enjoying the wind, the sea and the islands going by. They rolled up the sidewalks at 10pm. Now, ours was a New Years Cruise, and it was amazing that at 12:05 am on New Year's day, the atrium was EMPTY. But I don't think enough Disney cruises were use anything after 10 pm or before 5 am. Now, my big beef on our cruise was kids running and screaming in the hall at 5:45 am on a sea day. Their parents should have been forced to walk the plank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter