Hey Lone Star...

Marek 4

<font color=darkorchid>Taking our kids for the 1st
Are you feeling as sad as I am about losing so much of our camping/vacation territory? I got an email from Texas Parks & Wildlife yesterday saying our October Galveston Island State Park reservations were cancelled. I knew that would be the case, but then I went to the website and looked at the "after" pictures and saw everything gone. Office, shelters, pads, dunes AND the beachline. The water now goes right to where the office was. And thinking about San Luis Pass and the West End where we would always find the best shells - not to mention Bolivar/Crystal Beach where it was always so nice, peaceful and quiet. Everything is just really sinking in - and it really makes me sad. I grew up in Houston and spent most weekends at the beach/Galveston as a teenager. Three weeks ago our brownie troop had spent the night in the rainforest at Moody Gardens (which was quite an adventure!).

What about you?

Yeah its something else to see everything gone. But most of the camping we do in Texas we head for the hill country. It will take time but I know they will get it all built up again. When me and the DW got married we spent our honey moon in Galveston. Funny how we never thought about taking the camper there.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter