Hey! You had your trip, this time I'm in charge! Nicki & Todd LIVE!! Completed :(

Pumpkin funnel cake is now calling me...

I think I hear it! :lmao:

I'm in fooooooodie heaven reading this !! :cloud9: it's always a fun ride to join you both on vacation.....

okay, I have to ask, how do you like Boardwalk ?? If you think of it, can you post some pics and do a mini-Boardwalk review ? ( I know it's a food review, but I'm so curious about Boardwalk !) We're thinking about trying either BW or YC next trip.....

oh, and the pumpkin funnel cake.... ahhhhh........looks divine. :thumbsup2

We love the BWI! Sadly I have not taken any photos of the resort at all but if you have any questions just ask, I promise to answer them! We have stayed at the YC a few times and would have stayed there again but there wasnt an AP discount available. I asked Todd if he wants that for next year but he said no, the BWI has better food choices and location.

Ugh, only 3 more days until that funnel cake is in my belly! Every review I read of Tutto looks so good, and service reviews are always good. We must have hit it on a really off night. I guess I'll have to give it another try on a future trip. This time we're trying Via Napoli, I can't wait! Hopefully I like the arancini more than Todd does. :lmao:

I promise to leave some funnel cake behind for you to try :rotfl: VN is great, hope you have a yummy meal there!

Oh, that pumpkin funnel cake looks good! When I was there 2 weeks ago, my kids got funnel cakes but they wouldn't get pumpkin. Since they can barely finish a half of one by themselves (and they REFUSED to share with each other), I decided to just eat off their plates rather than get the pumpkin one. I wish I had gotten it though, especially after your review!!

It was great! Only problem was waiting for it to cool down!

First off, what planet have I been on that I missed this much of your review?? :lmao:

Sorry that I'm checking in late, I've had Disney Mom's Panel on the brain as I'm waiting to see if I made it to Round 3 :wizard:

Ok, those don't look ANYTHING like the loukoumades I've had before! We have an amazing Greek restaurant about 10 minutes away and I've never tried Kouzzina because I'm afraid it won't measure up.

The loukoumades at our restaurant is leftover pita dough, cut into thick strips, fried, drizzled with honey and cinnamon and topped with ice cream and apples! It's like funnel-cake on crack :rotfl:

You have been very busy with your trip and reviews, thats where you have been! So was the wedding gorgeous or what? Wish the loukoumades were better...that was such a buzz crush!

OMG I want a pumpkin funnel cake

Me too!

Way to rock the slushies!!!:banana::worship:

I :love: the Gin Blossoms!!!

Ok, if you and Todd are going to sneak up for a quick weekend, I think it should be the last one in Jan, please:)

And I think you have almost convinced me to change our Sep trip to an Oct one for F&W and stay at Beach Club. You and jeff could celebrate ur bdays together :) No BWV-creepy clowns are not my thing. Now to convince Kathy........

Mary, I tried everything I could...but we just can't go the dates you/Jeff and Nicki/Todd will go (Mark has to be at work to prepare for his trade show). :sad2:

What a lousy weather day! I had a game plan and everything went according to that plan, except the weather. It was gray, it was raining, it was soooo dark and gloomy

Todd - Lets stay in bed and call room serice

Me - No tonga toast at this room service

Todd - I'm up!

And away we go! Took a $12 cab to the Poly and it was raining (BTW I called the night before to arrange for a cab to be waiting at 7:30am). The Poly was so dark and gloomy too, usually the sun is shining at Kona...this weather was making us so sleepy! Time for a pressed pot!

We were seated early, as soon as we checked in. I knew I wanted to try the Samoan, the pork eggs benedict...I was all set to do just that until they
plopped this baby down with the menus

Oct28morning001.jpg

Oct28morning002.jpg

I knew they were going to have dairy in them..I just didnt care at that very moment! I have been good all week, I just took 2 Lactaids and hoped for the best!

First order of business? Coffee...please please please bring me that pressed pot STAT! I was able to get vanilla soy on the side but that was too sweet so I just drank it black...oh baby come to mama! This coffee is incredible

Todd - Hey Nic, pass the pot

Me - When I'm done

Todd - Hey! You are leaving me the dregs!

Me - No I'm not....there's a few drops of liquid in there

Todd - Do I need to get another one?

Me - Might not be a bad idea

So we had His and Hers pressed pots! There are 3 cups in each pot and we had no problem putting them away

Oct28morning003.jpg

We shared a fruit cup...what a bummer. The fruit was mushy and nothing had any flavor to it. Wasted money

Oct28morning006.jpg

Todd had the usual, tonga toast and bacon. He loves this stuff, for me its a bit too sweet. I asked him why he always gets this when we go to Kona and his reasoning is he cannot find anything like it anywhere else

Oct28morning007.jpg

As if you couldnt have guessed, I had the pumpkin pancakes with maple walnut butter and sausage. The sausage was very good and cooked to a well done crispy consistancy. The pancakes were out of bounds! Now I have had these before, not at WDW, but at Mimi's Cafe and other local places but none of them were SLAP YO MAMMA GOOD! as these were! Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, they were so tender and punchy with cinnamon and pumpkin flavors but the kicker, the real icing on the cake if you will, was the maple walnut butter! Its like, well, its like Maple Walnut ice cream but in butter form that melts into ever single pore of the pancake (how's that for a description??) Forgettabout the syrup..you need none of that stuff!

Oct28morning004.jpg

And some strawberry sauce, maple syrup and butter

Oct28morning005.jpg

Me - You know, I think next year we need to stay at the Poly so I can eat this a few times in one trip

Todd - What about a split stay so we can eat at Cape May again?

Me - Hey, how 'bout this? We stay one night in each deluxe resort so we can have breakfast at the TS in that resort? (Mind you I am being totally sarcastic)

Todd - Can we do that? :scared1:

Obviously the coffee has not kicked in for him yet!

After breakfast the rain was coming down harder so we whipped out the rain slickers that Kathy gave us and monorailed it over to MK for RD. Did you know that when it rains they skip the entire hooplah and just count down and let us in? I like that alot more!

Since it was raining there wasnt many people around so we did the almost everything by 11am...which was good because it was drying up and the crowds were coming in!

Me - Lets go to Beaches and Cream for lunch

Todd - Do they have taco salads there?

Me - No, burgers and onion rings and vanilla cokes and ooh...Tofutti with peanut butter sauce...ooh yeah, lets do that!

Todd - Do they have a pickle bar (thats what he calls a topping bar)

Me - Well, no, but I bet they will give you alot of pickles if you ask

Todd - Why are you trying to change me?

:eek: And that is how we had lunch at Peco Bills! Totally not what I wanted but I will get my B&C before we leave!

It was starting to pick up and the lines were long but I wanted to make sure I had a burger without the cheese and I didnt know if you could do that at the self ordering kiosks.

I had a plain burger but put mustard and ketchup on it as well as mushrooms and onions and some lettuce. This sucker is humongous and I could only eat half. It was pretty dry but the roll was ok, didnt fall apart or anything

Oct28morning011.jpg

Neither one of enjoyed the fries but we loved the onion rings, not greasy and very tender. Guess who the pickle puss is??

Oct28morning012.jpg

And the hubbykins had the taco salad again and he put everything on it and ate it all again...he knew this one was the last of the trip

Oct28morning013.jpg

Yes it was almost the meal I wanted but not at the place I wanted!

Todd - Hon, whats for dessert??

Is he serious???? :laughing:

Oh My Goodness those pumpkin pancakes look delicious especially the ice cream oops butter scoop on top!!!!! :lovestruc Good thing you didn't miss your adr there this morning! On our last trip we managed a trip to the counter service place at Ohana (can't think of the name at the moment) and we had the tonga toast. It was ok. I'm not craving it but I sure could crave those pancakes. Mental note to myself I really really need to make my husband take me to Disney next fall. :rotfl2: Glad the rain hasn't ruined your day!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!! :) In honor of fall/Halloween I'm going to "try" making popcorn balls tomorrow!!!!! :banana:

OMG, I love pumpkin pancakes!!!! I think I need to head to Village Inn or IHOP this weekend for breakfast!

I am so sad I missed the pumpkin funnel cake. I was so close and didn't realize they had them!

Jill in CO

you know Nicki...

My niece LOVES dill pickles.. I hit Walmart one year and got her the GIANT bottle of pickles in the are where they have the bulk foods... I'm not sure she ever opened it... I think she was in awe of it... :lmao:

Breakfast looks scrumptious! I assume the taco salad wasn't greasy again? I could go for some of the pickels with onion rings ;)

Oooh, Pumpkin Pancakes! I wonder if they have those at Christmas time....

As always, loving your report!

Oh my gosh those pumpkin pancakes look scrumptious!!!! I sure wish I could try them! I think that Kona is my new favorite breakfast place at WDW. As a matter of fact, as soon as I hit the submit button in this baby I'm going to get a breakfast ADR for my next trip! I wanted to try somewhere new but if it ain't broke...! :rotfl2: Loving your live reviews - it's almost like I'm there but not getting full!

I was just about to start salivating over the Tonga Toast (I think it's absolute perfection when you add the strawberry compote to cut some of the sweetness).

Then I scrolled down and saw the pumpkin pancakes, and I think my loyalties switched. :lmao:

Just another incentive to eventually visit WDW during October (along with Food & Wine, pumpkin funnel cake, etc). :thumbsup2

Hi Nicki,
Those pumpkin pancakes look so delicious!! I usually get the Tonga Toast, (I can never get enough sugar), but I think I would have to have the pancakes instead. We'll be there in two weeks. Do you think they'll still have the pancakes? I'd love to try them.
Joan

I want those pumpkin pancakes! I hope you have a great dinner tonight at Tokyo Dining! I can't believe your trip is almost over already, it seems like you just got there!

Ok, now you're just messin with me. I was all set to have the Mac Pancakes, really dreaming of them because I had the Somoan last time (and oh yea...it was soooo good!). And then ya had to go put those Pumpkin Pancakes in there...

Damn you, Bickerson! :rotfl2:

Wow, that breakfast looks great! Both the tonga toast and the pumpkin pancakes sound phenomenal - and I usually don't like to eat breakfast! It's also good to hear that at least your burger at Pecos Bill's didn't have a bun that fell apart - that seems to be a common complaint at most of the CS locations.

Been lurking for awhile....you had me at pumpkin pancakes. When I saw those, I had to run to IHOP tonight to get some....I know, they are not Kona pumpkin pancakes but it cured the craving! Enjoying your posts! You are adorable!

Everything look so good!!! Love your hubby's response to the deluxe stay. I would be over the moon if I could do that! :goodvibes

Breakfast looked wonderful! We didn't make it here for breakfast this past January, but we have it on our long list of musts for 2013!

I love how you didn't let the rain stall your day. What better way to hit every ride you want without a crowd around you. :thumbsup2

I find myself growing sad knowing your trip is quickly coming to an end. I truly enjoyed knowing I had a report to read with each day's happenings! Thank you for taking the time to post. :banana:

Will be watching my e-mail for your next post. :surfweb:

Those pancakes look amazing! Too bad pumpkin isn't in in March.

Also, the pile of pickles on all Todd's plates cracks me up. He must really love pickles!

How many more days of reviews do we have left? I almost feel like it's my vacation coming to an end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter