Hey! You had your trip, this time I'm in charge! Nicki & Todd LIVE!! Completed :(

Shula's looks incredible! I might have to make the journey over there on my next trip. The question then becomes "which of my other favorites do I drop?"! <sigh>

Oh you should def do that..we would cut anything to eat at Shula's and DH is so happy we cancelled LC for it

Thanks for the reviews, I am really enjoying them! Unfortunately I am reading instead of packing, we leave Saturday morning for Disney! Shula's is our first dinner, we LOVE it there! :love:

Have a safe trip and I hope you have a great meal at Shulas!

Ok, you sold me ... we are definitely going to try to work Shula's in next year! Wow, those steaks looked amazing!

Sounds like you guys are having such a great time! I am a bit jealous here in cold, rainy New York! :upsidedow

You guys will love it! The steaks were just so flavorful and tender...wish we had time to eat there again today! Hot here today but we are supposed to get rain tomorrow and Saturday

Shula's looks amazing!!

I have to take DH in there for a steak, he would love it :lovestruc

Linda, you should give it a try...if your DH loves steak like mines does you cannot go wrong!

Both cape may and shula's look AMAZING...this was not a wise choice for me to read before I've eaten breakfast. :laughing: That conversation you overheard was hysterical! Your DH should feel proud that his titanium stomach is widely known! :lmao: I think my own DH would be a big fan of your DH...the food is the main reason he puts up with all my Disney overplanning! :rolleyes1

We had great meals yesterday, so glad we skipped lunch! He laughed when I told him his eating habits are discussed all over WDW! For Todd, the rides and shows are a bonus, the real vacation is the food and drink!

Another very entertaining review!

I made reservations at Kouzzina the morning of my husband's birthday and now after looking at pictures from Cape May Cafe I'm torn. The menu at Kouzzina looks so interesting though. Which do you prefer?

Can I just say I wish you had ordered the Flea Flicker at Shula's? I'm really curious about that one! I wonder who thought that was a good name for a drink!

Hi Laura! We are going to try Kouzzina on Sunday so I will let you know. Drinks at Shula's were the best we have had so far!

Wow, Nicki, thanks for ALL those photos from Cape May! I haven't been there for breakfast in ages. It looks sooooo good! But, yeah, those character buffet breakfast prices are a killer. :headache:

I have never even thought about Shula's but you may have converted me! Everything looks amazing. Just what I need...ANOTHER restaurant to add to the list :rolleyes:

How hysterical about the women discussing the DIS and (most likely) Todd's eating habits!! I am amazed you didn't say anything! I think I would've had to jump right into that conversation!!!:rotfl:

It is rainy and miserable in Boston today. Wishing I was down there in the sunshine! Have a great slushie meet today!!!

Cape May was a great decision, really good food but wow was it expensive! I am really glad we cancelled LC for Shulas, the food and the service was just over the top! Wish you were here in WDW too, gorgeous weather!

We may have to try Shula's in place of the Yachtsman Steakhouse next year :thumbsup2

Def do that, exactly what I would do! I have never seen my husband devour a steak that large and rave about how tender and flavorful it was

Thank you for the review of Cape May! We are going there for breakfast on Saturday morning. Can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow morning to journey to the Happy Place. :cool1:

So happy to help, you will love the breakfast! Have a safe trip!

What a day! We were up early this morning and had breakfast at BWI Bakery again..we didnt want to fill up too much because we had more F&W snacking to do!

I had an everything bagel with butter. It was huge and very tasty!

Oct27001-1.jpg

Todd had the ham egg and cheese croissant but he didnt like it...he said the ham was super thick and a bit tough and the croissant was all mushy, way too much cheese. He picked at eat and then ate the rest of my bagel

Oct27002-1.jpg

We sat around and watched a wedding party head over to the observation deck area between BWI and BC. I think this was the 7th or 8th wedding we have seen since we checked in...there is one every morning!

Me - Lets take a walk around the lake

Todd - You're kidding me right?

Me - No, its a gorgeous day and it will be nice

Todd - You are already walking me to death at the parks and now you want to punish me further by walking around the lake?

Me - Ok you sit here and I will go

Todd - Or I could go back to the room and you can text me when you are ready to head to Epcot

Me - You are a butt, lets go to Epcot

Over to Epcot we travel, it was so nice out, not too hot yet. Did lots of stuff in the front of the park and at 10ish I hear

"Drink time?"

Oh yeah baby, its drink time! The new slogan is "Its 10:30 am somewhere!" The F&W stuff open early again!

Wow.. Nicki, I seldom think of Shula's as a place to eat. Your review has made me think about it for my next trip. It certainly looked like a really great meal. I like the fact that it is a relaxing atmosphere away from the Disney craziness.

You can never have enough F&W stuff right?

Todd - Its Wine Time...what do I want?

Me - Bubbles or flat?

Todd - Def bubbles, sweet with bubbles would be so nice

Lets try the apple ice wine from Canada...the CM was very generous and filled it just to the top. That prompted me to push DH back in line for another glass! It was very good, crispy and sweet and very cold....I had a few sips but he basically had both glasses. I think it was Neige Premiere

Oct27005-1.jpg

At Greece he tried the griddle cheese with honey and pistachios. This was not a favorite of his but he said its because it was ice cold throughout, like it wasnt cooked well enough

Oct27006-1.jpg

I had to have another kahlua pork slider from Hawaii...these babies are addicting!

Oct27040.jpg

In Argentina we had the grilled beef skewer with boniato and left off the chimichurri sauce (Todd hates that). I didnt care for this but Todd loved it, he is a real steak and potato man!

Oct27007-1.jpg

Backtrack a step to Brazil for a frozen Caipriniha cocktail...very good, not as strong as I would like and more of a bitter lemon taste.

Oct27008-1.jpg

In China it was pepper shrimp and noodle time! This is my favorite, super garlicky and tender and 4 large shrimp

Oct27041.jpg

What better to wash it down with than a Peach Snap!

Oct27042.jpg

Apple Strudel from Germany, not that great...mostly raisins and very little apple

Oct27043.jpg

Few treats from the caramel shop. Its the 1 year anniversary of the grand opening and they were giving little samples of the caramel apple candy suckers. They finally had the caramel chocolate pretzel rods that we love!

Oct27013-1.jpg

Oct27014-1.jpg

Oct27009-1.jpg

Oct27010-1.jpg

Oct27011-1.jpg

Oct27012-1.jpg

Back in the USA we had the lobster roll....yuck once again. Loved the roll, the lobster was full of dill and very rubbery. Later in the day I had a Red Stag Lemonade but I cannot find the picture I took....LOVED THIS!

Oct27015-1.jpg

In Japan the Pork Kakuni intrigued us, its pork belly with Asian sauces...Todd loved this! Super tender and full of soy/ginger/teriyaki flavors

Oct27017-1.jpg

Right on time for our Dismeet in France (this was so much fun and it was great meeting everyone!) The Coq au Vin, this was very good, Todd ate the mac and cheese part and said it was ok but the chicken and the sauce was incredible. Love my Cosmo slushie but DH doesnt like them as much as the Grey Goose

Oct27019-1.jpg

Oct27018-1.jpg

Oct23027.jpg

And our last little treat before leaving for a break at the resort was the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake from Ireland....first of all this thing is the size of a quarter...but it is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Who knew that something like this could blow your taste buds right out of your mouth??

Oct27003-1.jpg

See...I knew there was a reason we were long lost sisters. :)

Thats right! :thumbsup2

Hold on...

TODD WAS FULL????

:laughing:

Shocking isnt it?? :lmao:

Wow.. Nicki, I seldom think of Shula's as a place to eat. Your review has made me think about it for my next trip. It certainly looked like a really great meal. I like the fact that it is a relaxing atmosphere away from the Disney craziness.

Thats what I thought too...why go there when you can go to YM or something like it but this meal was not only outstanding but the service was the best we have ever had at WDW and so quiet and relaxing in there....it was like we were on a real date :laughing:

We had so much fun today, the Dis Meet aka Friendies Meet, in France was a blast! Laughed and drank and laughed some more!

Now we are chilling in the room, well I am chilling and Todd is sleeping! He needs his second wind for tonight!

The plan is to eat dinner at Tutto Italia and then see the Gin Blossom concert and for dessert have the pumpkin funnel cake...I have got to get my teeth around that sucker!

See you guys late tonight!

Shula's sounds wonderful! I just may have to check that out in Jan. Love a good steak, especially after the marathon!

I can't wait to hear what you think of the pumpkin funnel cake. Had I known about it when I was there a few weeks ago, I totally would have had one!

Enjoy the Gin Blossoms! :thumbsup2

Awesome pictures and reviews!!! :thumbsup2

You have me so excited for Food & Wine, can't wait to try everything! :)

Ok, first off that Shula filet looks amazing!!!! I've checked online where the Shula's is in Chicago thanks to KatMark!!!!!! :) A medium rare filet is my all time fav and I do think my husband and I need to make a trip downtown to see for ourselves. :cool1: Secondly, I think I'd like a plate of those kahlua sliders from Hawaii along with the pepper shrimp!!!!! YUMMMMM. I'm really getting hungry. Thirdly, any of those drinks would make me a happy girl. :) On your behalf I baked a pumpkin buckle today! :rotfl: I sponsor a senior group at our Church once a month and in honor of fall (and you talking about pumpkin) I picked that to make today. It was................very good. HAHAHA. Enjoy the evening. :)

Shula's looks amazing!!!! I wish we could go there but I think we already have already booked for our trip! Also, the food and wine pics are great, can't wait till we go back there again.

Hi Nicki,

I'm LOVING your review. I have never been to the F&W festival. How much does each dish cost? I hope when my youngest, now a freshman in High School, goes to college my DH and I will go for our 25 wedding anniversary. Come on 4 more years.

I just LOVE your conversations with Todd. My husband sometimes walks by as I'm reading your posts and he hears me cracking up laughing. Thanks the laughs. :cool1:

Hi Nicki,
Sounds like you're having so much fun!! The picture of the food from France, meat in gravy looks so gross, I don't know how anyone can eat that. I guess Todd does eat everything.:rotfl: The drinks and the chocolate lava cake from Ireland looks delicious! Can't wait to hear about Tutto. We'll be eating there on 11/14 for lunch. Have fun tonight.
Joan

Love seeing and reading your reviews. So glad you guys liked shula's since you only went there due to your pole results! Ahhh, will be there in two days can't wait!!! As a side note, did you guys do any of the demo's, whether free or paid for? BTW, I totally think those people, obviously talking about todd, recognized you but was hesitant to say anything to you directly. He is on par eating wise with that english couple (their last review was awhile ago). Have you seen how much they eat!!!!

Nicki~~~you are my hero...how many slushies did you have? You rock! One of these days we need to meet in WDW!

The plan is to eat dinner at Tutto Italia and then see the Gin Blossom concert and for dessert have the pumpkin funnel cake...I have got to get my teeth around that sucker!

!

Hey, jealousy would be totally appropriate right now, no? Everything sounds and looks wonderful. And the drinks....:thumbsup2

Some more great stuff from the F&W! I have to say that the apple ice wine from Canada is looking most tasty to me right now! Looking forward to your Tutto review, this is high on list of places I want to try next time.

I haven't been keeping up here, just quickly browsed. I'm waiting until I get home to re-live everything through your reviews here.:goodvibes

Just had to come on and say that I am so glad we finally got to meet you & Todd. The little time we got to spend together just reinforced what I always knew....y'all are incredible people and I feel so lucky to call you our friends. Love you, woman!!!!!!!:hug:

Shula's sounds wonderful! I just may have to check that out in Jan. Love a good steak, especially after the marathon!

I can't wait to hear what you think of the pumpkin funnel cake. Had I known about it when I was there a few weeks ago, I totally would have had one!

Enjoy the Gin Blossoms! :thumbsup2

It was a great meal, so glad we went! Tonights updates coming soon!

Awesome pictures and reviews!!! :thumbsup2

You have me so excited for Food & Wine, can't wait to try everything! :)

Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy F&W as much as we did!

Ok, first off that Shula filet looks amazing!!!! I've checked online where the Shula's is in Chicago thanks to KatMark!!!!!! :) A medium rare filet is my all time fav and I do think my husband and I need to make a trip downtown to see for ourselves. :cool1: Secondly, I think I'd like a plate of those kahlua sliders from Hawaii along with the pepper shrimp!!!!! YUMMMMM. I'm really getting hungry. Thirdly, any of those drinks would make me a happy girl. :) On your behalf I baked a pumpkin buckle today! :rotfl: I sponsor a senior group at our Church once a month and in honor of fall (and you talking about pumpkin) I picked that to make today. It was................very good. HAHAHA. Enjoy the evening. :)

Kathy was telling me they had one locally, I hope you enjoy it! The pork sliders and the shrimp were excellent, lots of garlic in the shrimp! That pumpkin buckle sounds great, can I have the recipe!

Shula's looks amazing!!!! I wish we could go there but I think we already have already booked for our trip! Also, the food and wine pics are great, can't wait till we go back there again.

It was amazing!

Hi Nicki,

I'm LOVING your review. I have never been to the F&W festival. How much does each dish cost? I hope when my youngest, now a freshman in High School, goes to college my DH and I will go for our 25 wedding anniversary. Come on 4 more years.

I just LOVE your conversations with Todd. My husband sometimes walks by as I'm reading your posts and he hears me cracking up laughing. Thanks the laughs. :cool1:

Each dish is $3-7 approx...yes it is costly but its so much fun! Glad you are enjoying the reviews and the banter (thats a bonus!)

Hi Nicki,
Sounds like you're having so much fun!! The picture of the food from France, meat in gravy looks so gross, I don't know how anyone can eat that. I guess Todd does eat everything.:rotfl: The drinks and the chocolate lava cake from Ireland looks delicious! Can't wait to hear about Tutto. We'll be eating there on 11/14 for lunch. Have fun tonight.
Joan

Todd loves brown sauces so I knew this would be perfect for him...honestly it was too hot to eat something that heavy! Tutto coming right up!

Love seeing and reading your reviews. So glad you guys liked shula's since you only went there due to your pole results! Ahhh, will be there in two days can't wait!!! As a side note, did you guys do any of the demo's, whether free or paid for? BTW, I totally think those people, obviously talking about todd, recognized you but was hesitant to say anything to you directly. He is on par eating wise with that english couple (their last review was awhile ago). Have you seen how much they eat!!!!

So glad you are enjoying them! Yes Shula's did win on the poll and I am glad it did! We didnt do any demos...its hard to get DH nailed down to plans and since you had to pay in advance I decided it wasnt worth it..plus we have lots of fun just booth hopping. My husband, the snacking machine!

Nicki~~~you are my hero...how many slushies did you have? You rock! One of these days we need to meet in WDW!

I think I had 5 today...lets see, Caiprihini, Peach Snap, Red Stag Lemonade, Grey Goose and Cosmo....yup thats 5, WOWZA! But, hubby did help me out a tad

Hey, jealousy would be totally appropriate right now, no? Everything sounds and looks wonderful. And the drinks....:thumbsup2

They really killed that song tonight too!

Some more great stuff from the F&W! I have to say that the apple ice wine from Canada is looking most tasty to me right now! Looking forward to your Tutto review, this is high on list of places I want to try next time.

We are going to pick up a few bottles of that before we leave on Sun...it was excellent!

I haven't been keeping up here, just quickly browsed. I'm waiting until I get home to re-live everything through your reviews here.:goodvibes

Just had to come on and say that I am so glad we finally got to meet you & Todd. The little time we got to spend together just reinforced what I always knew....y'all are incredible people and I feel so lucky to call you our friends. Love you, woman!!!!!!!:hug:

Do you have any idea how much I wish you guys were staying a few days longer?? We had so much fun with you and Johnny and I cannot wait to see you again...maybe I can convince Todd to get away in Feb again! Even just for a weekend would be great! Love you both and safe travels tomorrow...

Pss....did you leave me any sangria?? Can I still get some at the window or what? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter