HHI LOVERS THREAD

Tide Me Over will be open, certainly. There will be activities, as usual, just check with the recreation CMs. While swimming in the ocean isn't really possible, you can obviously still walk the beach. As for swimming in the pools, both the main pool (Big Dipper) and the Beach House pool are heated to 84F throughout the year. If the "feels like" temperature is below 50F, then the Big Dipper pool won't allow swimming...however, the Beach House pool is open for swimming regardless of temperature as it is a non-lifeguarded pool. Another little known fact is that UberEats, DoorDash, etc. will deliver to the Beach House should the food service there be closed. Have a great trip!

Sleepydog, I wanted to ask you about the Beach House in January. Someone on the HH Facebook group says the Beach House closes for refurbishment every January. That you can get to the beach, but the Beach House itself as well as the bathrooms are always closed. Is this correct?

I've never seen the beach house itself closed during the winter but the food/beverage options there often are.

All the new propane tank grills are in place and working--and all have been used already! In further good news, the charcoal grills have been left in place. So, you now have your choice of gas or charcoal at all the locations throughout the resort. The lone exception is the grilling area behind Bldg 28 where the charcoal grill was removed. Also, the huge, brick grill outside of Murgie's Den remains strictly charcoal-powered.

Does anyone know if the Fitness Center is currently open (considering Covid protocols)?
Yes, Bend and Stretch is open. Keep in mind that Disney requires a mask for all indoor venues.

Tide Me Over will be open, certainly. There will be activities, as usual, just check with the recreation CMs. While swimming in the ocean isn't really possible, you can obviously still walk the beach. As for swimming in the pools, both the main pool (Big Dipper) and the Beach House pool are heated to 84F throughout the year. If the "feels like" temperature is below 50F, then the Big Dipper pool won't allow swimming...however, the Beach House pool is open for swimming regardless of temperature as it is a non-lifeguarded pool. Another little known fact is that UberEats, DoorDash, etc. will deliver to the Beach House should the food service there be closed. Have a great trip!
This is great info! I have a question....what do you list as the delivery location/address?? Is there an actual, physical address for the beach house? Or do you just put "Disney's Beach House"?

sleepy dog25, do you have any experience using UberEats, DoorDash, etc.? Somewhere I heard that unfortunately those services take a very long time to deliver on HHI, like over an hour in some cases.

sleepy dog25, do you have any experience using UberEats, DoorDash, etc.? Somewhere I heard that unfortunately those services take a very long time to deliver on HHI, like over an hour in some cases.
During busy season, yes. However, now that crowds have thinned some, it may take less. Naturally, your experience will vary depending on the time of day you order, as well as from whom you order.

Not a great pic, but now you know it's fall here. . .
View attachment 609858
View attachment 609859
sleepydog25,
We love visiting in the fall! Well, except the time we were evacuated from Hurricane Matthew! :rolleyes1 We will be there for our second trip this year November 15-18. I assume fall decorations will be gone by then, but it will be too early for Christmas decorations? Am I assuming correctly?

sleepydog25,
We love visiting in the fall! Well, except the time we were evacuated from Hurricane Matthew! :rolleyes1 We will be there for our second trip this year November 15-18. I assume fall decorations will be gone by then, but it will be too early for Christmas decorations? Am I assuming correctly?

They may be up. We'll be arriving on the 18th, the Thursday before Thanksgiving week. Last year we arrived that same Thursday and the decorations were already up and if I remember right, Christmas carrols were playing. Years ago, they didn't put up Christmas decorations until early the morning after Thanksgiving, and that was also when the Christmas music began. But it's gotten earlier and earlier every year. It would be OK, but I do really miss the "typical" big band music playing in the background

They may be up. We'll be arriving on the 18th, the Thursday before Thanksgiving week. Last year we arrived that same Thursday and the decorations were already up and if I remember right, Christmas carrols were playing. Years ago, they didn't put up Christmas decorations until early the morning after Thanksgiving, and that was also when the Christmas music began. But it's gotten earlier and earlier every year. It would be OK, but I do really miss the "typical" big band music playing in the background
I thought we might cross paths, but when you said you were arriving on a Thursday, I realized I had my dates wrong. We will be checking in on Sunday the 14th and leaving on Wednesday the 17th, so we will just miss each other. If the decorations aren't up, we won't be too disappointed. We are doing a Candlelight Evening at the Biltmore on the way to HHI, so we will get a good dose of Christmas spirit there!

ETA: I'm hoping for good weather. I remember one of your posts that showed ice on the railing of your balcony over one of your Thanksgiving trips. We did visit in December one year, and the weather was wonderful. Hope we have one of those years this year!

sleepydog25,
Good question. I'm trying to remember when holiday decorations went up last year, and I'm fairly certain it was before Thanksgiving, but not by much. My guess is you'll just miss them. I think the timing also depends a lot on Disney, as much as it does the actual resort. I will see what I can glean from someone who might know over this way. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter