*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

I’m here right now and it appears that building 14 may be done as they have moved the staging area to outside of building 19. I saw some workers removing random stuff from 19 yesterday. Also, they put in 2 EV charging stations outside of 14.

Oh Wow…. Go peak in some windows 😬 (the EV stations have been there, unless they added more)

Oh Wow…. Go peak in some windows 😬 (the EV stations have been there, unless they added more)
When we were there last week, I wanted to go peek, but they had white sheets up on all the windows. I have a feeling they will keep them in place until Disney decides to FINALLY reveal information about the refurb. I have no idea why this has been such a secret!

When we were there last week, I wanted to go peek, but they had white sheets up on all the windows. I have a feeling they will keep them in place until Disney decides to FINALLY reveal information about the refurb. I have no idea why this has been such a secret!
Disney is quite the secretive organization. They simply won't release any more information than they must. Further, even within the organization, there isn't a lot of top-down news sharing--much like the military, such things as personnel moves, renovations, and company policies are on a strict need-to-know basis. CMs are often intentionally left in the dark by management which is why you get so many conflicting stories about any given topic. Just like guests, they draw their own conclusions based on what little information they receive. Granted, CMs sometimes have a little more insight since they are in place, yet part of Disney training is that you best not let company "secrets" hit the public domain. pirate:

As for the rooms, I mentioned a few posts back that while everyone may appreciate the newer furniture (so long old sleeper sofas!), some will miss the feel of the older theming while others will say, "I love this new sleeker look!" The old adage applies: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Still, what usually separates HHI from other resorts is the level of CM service, and I suspect that will continue. Good people there.

And, yes, the two EV charging stations outside of 14 have been there for years.

I'm guessing since there hasn't been any info about what the rooms will look like, its unknown when the rooms will be complete?

Are the EV stations the same like at the parks ? Do they charge a fee?
Not sure what they're like at the parks, but these are free--first come, first served.

I'm guessing since there hasn't been any info about what the rooms will look like, its unknown when the rooms will be complete?
True. They seemed to have proceeded fairly well in refurbing Bldg 14 if reports are correct that they seemed to be finished there and moving on to 19. I'm sure they'd like to be done by late March in order to have maximum occupancy for the beginning of the busy season which at HHI is spring break through Labor Day.

Hey All - Does anyone know if there is a place to store luggage until our room is ready? Some members of our group are flying in and then taking an UBER to the resort. Thanks!

That 1BR and the studio in 30 were both renovated but not released for room inventory during the past couple of years. Thus, there have only been 20 1BRs and 20 studios available during this time.

That being said, depending on your love of and desire for the nostalgic feel the old rooms provide, the new rooms may or may not be a welcome change: expect a muted/earthier color scheme, updated lamp fixtures/curtains, sleeker looking cabinets, no wall sconces, no painted tiles in the kitchen's backsplash, soaking tub replacing the jetted tub, et. al. The rooms definitely will not remind you of a fishing lodge which was the original storyline that has, more or less, been followed over the years.
Sounds like they are un-Disneyfying the place 😭

After losing Shadow and B’lou, I hope there is some trace of HHI charm and magic still left in those rooms when they are done and not too generic.

Sounds like they are un-Disneyfying the place 😭

After losing Shadow and B’lou, I hope there is some trace of HHI charm and magic still left in those rooms when they are done and not too generic.
Alas, they're fairly generic. It's a bit like if IKEA was asked to refurbish the rooms but had a Disney designer ensure they didn't completely lose the Disney touch. There are paintings with Disney characters in a couple of places (including the Murphy bed), the paper Disney coasters will likely be around, and the bench with the carved heart pronouncing Mickey and Minnie as sweethearts, as well as the WD initials, was still there. To be fair, the rooms at HHI were never hugely Disneyfied; however, they were appropriately themed for that whole low country fishing lodge back story. I don't know that people will get that with this refurb.

Alas, they're fairly generic. It's a bit like if IKEA was asked to refurbish the rooms but had a Disney designer ensure they didn't completely lose the Disney touch. There are paintings with Disney characters in a couple of places (including the Murphy bed), the paper Disney coasters will likely be around, and the bench with the carved heart pronouncing Mickey and Minnie as sweethearts, as well as the WD initials, was still there. To be fair, the rooms at HHI were never hugely Disneyfied; however, they were appropriately themed for that whole low country fishing lodge back story. I don't know that people will get that with this refurb.
Hi @sleepydog25 So, is building 14 done with refurb? I'll be there in 10 days and will have people sleeping on a pull-out couch...I'm sure they would prefer a refurb'd couch...perhaps I should request building 14?

Ironically, I think it was B'lou who first saw the future of HHI design, and it's UnDisneyfying when he pointed out that in the last rehab several years ago, they destroyed the tiles with Shadow's paw prints that were in the entryway to each villa, and just threw them away. They could so easily have sold some of those tiles either as hot plates or heck, even just souvenirs in the Mercantile.

Ironically, I think it was B'lou who first saw the future of HHI design, and it's UnDisneyfying when he pointed out that in the last rehab several years ago, they destroyed the tiles with Shadow's paw prints that were in the entryway to each villa, and just threw them away. They could so easily have sold some of those tiles either as hot plates or heck, even just souvenirs in the Mercantile.
I would like to buy a tile from the kitchens if they would sell them during this refurb.

It appears they are as they moved the staging area outside of the building to #19 and I saw them pulling stuff out of there.
I told the people at the front desk that if they get rid of the white bird lamps, or the shadow boxes of birds that are over the bed, I want to buy them please. The only problem is that whoever does the work probably won't even let the front desk know.

Attachments

• D7B6BB45-1ECF-4B67-BC18-7780E7C8D299.jpeg
    D7B6BB45-1ECF-4B67-BC18-7780E7C8D299.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi @sleepydog25 So, is building 14 done with refurb? I'll be there in 10 days and will have people sleeping on a pull-out couch...I'm sure they would prefer a refurb'd couch...perhaps I should request building 14?
I've heard they are done with 14, but not seen any social media posts about anyone staying there. Could be there are still some punch list items left to do but the major work is done. I have no idea whether 14 (or 30 since it's also under the knife, so to speak) will be available in 10 days. Never tested it, but I would assume the Murphy beds are going to be more comfortable than the old Chutes and Ladders couches. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter