HHN........look !

I'm so excited. I just added the first three Chucky movies (the last too aren't worth a fig newton IMO), the original Wolf Man, Frankenstein, Dracula and Bride of Frankenstein to my Netflix queue. I'll re-watch the Saws eventually. I just haven't seen most of those movies (and its been years since I've seen the Chucky movies).

299980vck11pfjn1.gif

There are some good construction pictures (yes, already!!) at the HHN Vault forum. They have some of the facades built in front of the tents, and they've begun building in the Jaws queue.

Hello, I just read through this thread and it seems there are some really enthusiastic HHN lovers out there! I just found out that during our stay, we may be able to attend one of the first weekends...but a few questions.

So, I watched the video, and while everything looks amazing, how is it for a fraidy-cat like me? Do the actors touch you? (I don't like that).

What are these Haunted Houses? Are they just walk through attractions, or will something jump out at me? Why are the lines so long to get into them?

I've gone through the website and while it looks really interesting, do you think someone who is not necessarily a fan of Halloween, but a fan of movies would enjoy? I have an AP, so I'd definitely like to take advantage of the great prices they are offering. Traditionally, are rides open and which ones?

Now I'm seriously thinking of tweaking our other plans...

Hello, I just read through this thread and it seems there are some really enthusiastic HHN lovers out there! I just found out that during our stay, we may be able to attend one of the first weekends...but a few questions.

So, I watched the video, and while everything looks amazing, how is it for a fraidy-cat like me? Do the actors touch you? (I don't like that).

Any touching will be accidental. The scare-actors are not allowed to touch the guests.

What are these Haunted Houses? Are they just walk through attractions, or will something jump out at me? Why are the lines so long to get into them?

Each year, a new theme is created for HHN. This year's theme appears to be movie related. At HHN, there will be several houses and scare zones. At both locations, although the scare-actors aren't allowed to touch, they can threaten to kill, main, dismember and eat you. So yes, they will jump out at you. The lines are long because this will be HHNs 19 season and it has become very popular to both the locals and tourists.

I've gone through the website and while it looks really interesting, do you think someone who is not necessarily a fan of Halloween, but a fan of movies would enjoy? I have an AP, so I'd definitely like to take advantage of the great prices they are offering. Traditionally, are rides open and which ones?

I'm not sure that you'll like it or night since your not a fan of Halloween. When you say that you're a fan of movies, are you talking scary movies? If so, then you might like HHN. The fact that you are considering indicates to me that you'd probably enjoy it. There's also the hilarous Bill and Ted show that's not to be missed!

As for which rides will be open, I would definitely expect Jaws, The Mummy, The Simpsons and the new Rip, Ride Rocket rollercoaster. Last year, Men-In-Black and Disaster were open so they could be open this year too.

Now I'm seriously thinking of tweaking our other plans...

I vote that you do it if you can. If you find the houses and scare zones too intense, you can find reprieve on the rides and the Bill and Ted Show. For the last two years, they've also had Rocky Horror Picture Show, so that could be back again this year. I skipped it last year as I'm not a fan of the movie, but if you like the movie, you'd probably like the show.

So I thought we were going to skip this year but I sent DH an article about Chucky and Saw and now he wants to go! We just have to find out if he has enough vacation days.

I told DH last night about Chucky and Saw. He said see what deals are out there.

Well, don't need to tell me twice :cool1:

Cdn friends of pooh- awesome video of last years HHN, love the song too!!!

patster734...thank you so much for your info and your advice. I definitely have been thinking about HHN all day! What I meant re: Halloween is that I personally don't do anything for it, never been a fan, but I do like and appreciate horror films and am familiar with some of the more famous ones.

The threat of being dismembered/eaten/killed has given me pause though.

I'm thinking of going (maybe) October 1, a Thursday, and hopefully avoiding some of the crowds.

patster734...thank you so much for your info and your advice. I definitely have been thinking about HHN all day! What I meant re: Halloween is that I personally don't do anything for it, never been a fan, but I do like and appreciate horror films and am familiar with some of the more famous ones.

The threat of being dismembered/eaten/killed has given me pause though.

I'm thinking of going (maybe) October 1, a Thursday, and hopefully avoiding some of the crowds.

If I remember from last year's reports, Thursday, October 1, had low crowds. The crowds didn't start getting large until Columbus Day weekend. Hopefully, you'll be able to purchase the Stay and Scream discount ticket to save you money on the HHN event.

As for not participating in Halloween, I can appreciate that. My wife's family didn't do anything for it and so she never developed an excitement for it that exists for my family side. She also doesn't like scary movies. Although she goes with me to Universal in October, she always does something else while I do HHN. Last October, my parents came with us, and the three of them did the Aloha Friday at the RPR, while I was at HHN.

What time do they start letting people in on sunday nights without stay and scream?

What time do they start letting people in on sunday nights without stay and scream?

6:30 is the general admission time.

you have to go thru the metal detectors which can take a while if it lights up on those in front of you.

if you are not going to be in the park that day, be in the line around 5ish.
once it is 5:30, there can be a good 25-30 people ahead of you at that time.

if you are near the front of the entrance line, you can be in the park around 6:35 and have a head start on those behind you.

Sundays have started getting to look like peak nights.
especially the one before columbus day.

if you are going the second week of HHN, which would be the first week of sundays open for hhn, it might not be too bad crowd wise.

6:30 is the general admission time.

you have to go thru the metal detectors which can take a while if it lights up on those in front of you.

if you are not going to be in the park that day, be in the line around 5ish.
once it is 5:30, there can be a good 25-30 people ahead of you at that time.

if you are near the front of the entrance line, you can be in the park around 6:35 and have a head start on those behind you.

Sundays have started getting to look like peak nights.
especially the one before columbus day.

if you are going the second week of HHN, which would be the first week of sundays open for hhn, it might not be too bad crowd wise.

wow an hour and a half before park even opens? say I come around 7:00
instead, will most of the line be filtered in by then or does it go so slow that there is a line out there for a long time? i am so not used to this as we have gone to stay and scream every year. unfortunately we are not gettig park tickets this year to take part in stay and scream but we will be purchasing express tickets. Maybe I should just buy universal tickets just to be in the park early I just hate the thought of waiting an hour and a half in line to get in ugh hence the reson why we get express tickets every year

I told DH last night about Chucky and Saw. He said see what deals are out there.

Well, don't need to tell me twice :cool1:

This is driving me nuts because we still have not heard back from corporate HR about the vacation time. I am 100% sure he will get it, but he wants to be sure before he even thinks about it.

Meanwhile I am booking dining reservations. :rolleyes1

If we do go, we'll probably be at HHN on Oct. 1

wow an hour and a half before park even opens? say I come around 7:00
instead, will most of the line be filtered in by then or does it go so slow that there is a line out there for a long time? i am so not used to this as we have gone to stay and scream every year. unfortunately we are not gettig park tickets this year to take part in stay and scream but we will be purchasing express tickets. Maybe I should just buy universal tickets just to be in the park early I just hate the thought of waiting an hour and a half in line to get in ugh hence the reson why we get express tickets every year

what is the date you plan to attend HHN?

that could really make a difference in the starting up of the line for general admission for hhn.

the first weekend of september, hhn is only on the friday and saturday.

the next weekend, Sunday Oct 4 could be a light crowd.

in the past few years, that sunday has not seen the crowds the rest of the sundays in the month has had.

that date would be your best bet with hopes the crowds are not there.
quite a few of the die hard hhn fans don't do hhn early in the season.
things get tweaked and improved as the event continues throughout the month.
bill and ted's was tweaked once while i was there from the thursday to the sunday. they are always trying to improve things as the month progresses.

the next sunday of october is the 11th.
that is the day before columus day.

the last 6 years, i have been there on that sunday.
the last 2 have been miserable with lots of crowds.
i buy the ep but still have to deal with crowds for the Restroom, food places and just walking around to reach the houses and zones.

the popularity has grown over the years for hhn.
with the next day a holiday from work for many, more will attend that night before columbus day.

if you attend hhn on sunday the 4th and arrive at 7, it is very possible you can do what you want to see if the crowds are not high.
i'm guessing that is your best bet.
the park closes at midnight on sundays.

if you plan to attend one night only and it is the 11th, buy the ep!
if you come to the park at 7, you would then have a better chance to do a lot more with the ep.

i can not predict the future of crowds at hhn.
i can only share how it has been when i have been there.

a rainstorm, if it happens, can keep the crowds lower in the park.
but, who wants rain for the event.....i have been there during storms and it makes a lousy evening...

wait and see how people post and talk about what nights are good for them crowdwise and make a decision on if you should buy a day ticket and do stay and scream.

don't waste your money unless you feel it is necessary.

if you decide to do only the hhn and don't want to wait in line, come around 6:40 and hopefully the line will be thinned out by that time.
if not, your wait should not be a tremendous one.

it is difficult to predict this far out if the first sunday night will be packed.

i believe it will be a much lighter crowd than the other sundays in the month.

what is the date you plan to attend HHN?

that could really make a difference in the starting up of the line for general admission for hhn.

the first weekend of september, hhn is only on the friday and saturday.

the next weekend, Sunday Oct 4 could be a light crowd.

in the past few years, that sunday has not seen the crowds the rest of the sundays in the month has had.

that date would be your best bet with hopes the crowds are not there.
quite a few of the die hard hhn fans don't do hhn early in the season.
things get tweaked and improved as the event continues throughout the month.
bill and ted's was tweaked once while i was there from the thursday to the sunday. they are always trying to improve things as the month progresses.

the next sunday of october is the 11th.
that is the day before columus day.

the last 6 years, i have been there on that sunday.
the last 2 have been miserable with lots of crowds.
i buy the ep but still have to deal with crowds for the Restroom, food places and just walking around to reach the houses and zones.

the popularity has grown over the years for hhn.
with the next day a holiday from work for many, more will attend that night before columbus day.

if you attend hhn on sunday the 4th and arrive at 7, it is very possible you can do what you want to see if the crowds are not high.
i'm guessing that is your best bet.
the park closes at midnight on sundays.

if you plan to attend one night only and it is the 11th, buy the ep!
if you come to the park at 7, you would then have a better chance to do a lot more with the ep.

i can not predict the future of crowds at hhn.
i can only share how it has been when i have been there.

a rainstorm, if it happens, can keep the crowds lower in the park.
but, who wants rain for the event.....i have been there during storms and it makes a lousy evening...

wait and see how people post and talk about what nights are good for them crowdwise and make a decision on if you should buy a day ticket and do stay and scream.

don't waste your money unless you feel it is necessary.

if you decide to do only the hhn and don't want to wait in line, come around 6:40 and hopefully the line will be thinned out by that time.
if not, your wait should not be a tremendous one.

it is difficult to predict this far out if the first sunday night will be packed.

i believe it will be a much lighter crowd than the other sundays in the month.

Thanks, we will be going Sunday the 25th

Thanks, we will be going Sunday the 25th
The general rule of thumb is...the later in the event you go, the worse the crowds are going to be. However...two years ago I went on 11/1 and a TM told me it was pretty dead (no pun intended) on Halloween night. It was busy the last night I went.

what metro west said is very valid.

the later in the season, the more the crowds..

i have read where the actual night of halloween can be light based on the day it falls on for hhn.

many locals take their kids to trick or treat or other halloween activities on that date.

but the 25th would be the last Sunday of the event and the park would be closing at midnight.

i have no idea how crowded it could be. a lot of factors go into that. it is a non peak night, the last of the season. people that live local usually buy the FFP and try to go as much as possible. the ending week of hhn is a great one. things have been tweaked and the performances have been great...
i can only say how it has been for my friends that go at the end of the month for it. 99 times out of 100, it has been crowded for them.

We went to HHN on the 30th last year which was a Thursday and the crowds were not bad. In 2006 we went on the 31st, which was a Tuesday and the crowd was about the same as what we experienced on the 30th last year. Both times we did have the EP's though, but I think only a couple of the houses had really long lines.

We went to MNSSHP on Halloween last year and it was super crowded!!!!!! It was a Friday night. This year with Halloween being on Saturday, I would think HHN would be pretty crowded.

We went to MNSSHP on Halloween last year and it was super crowded!!!!!! It was a Friday night. This year with Halloween being on Saturday, I would think HHN would be pretty crowded.
More families attend MNSSHP than HHN...unless the family is completely demented. :laughing:

More families attend MNSSHP than HHN...unless the family is completely demented. :laughing:

Very true, but I was thinking HHN on a Saturday night for Halloween would be full of high school kids.

For me that's :scared1:

I mean it normally is anyway, but I could see it being 2x's what I am used to.

;)

Very true, but I was thinking HHN on a Saturday night for Halloween would be full of high school kids.

For me that's :scared1:

I mean it normally is anyway, but I could see it being 2x's what I am used to.

;)
Can't argue with that. Hell Week is really bad so I avoid it like the plague.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter