Hide/Find a Penny Thread

Ok, the other thread is supposed to be about checking on cleaning, not a game! Let's start a dedicated thread to this topic! Anyone have suggestions for rules? After we get a general consensus then I will post them on this post.

Rule #1 Mark your penny! Mickey head on one side, the words "Hide Me" written in sharpie on the back. Pick out a small AREA where you will hide the penny, and post on this thread. I will keep a list of pennies on this page.

Rule #2 After finding a penny, take a picture with it, then REHIDE it in THE SAME PLACE. Post when you get back your picture with it and when/where you found it.

I will update as often as possible on this first post as to the pennies status: where/when/lost :goodvibes

Who is going soon that wants to hide some pennies?

As for me I will be going March 5-13 and will happily hide and be on the lookout for some pennies :)

Originally Posted by castaway3
Hi,
I am a local and an annual passholder and I am staying at pop century this weekend. I would be more than glad to hide a penny or two. Let me think now where lol...Ok got it..

At Casey's Corner there is a time board where they have the times of the rides I will hide one on top there on friday.

Then on Saturday I will hide one at the pay phone next to the first aid also by Casey's Corner.

Why dont you have pennies for each land. It would make it a bit more fun and you know there is one penny in each place to look. And might help out a bit in rehiding it.

Originally Posted by castaway3
Hi,
I am a local and an annual passholder and I am staying at pop century this weekend. I would be more than glad to hide a penny or two. Let me think now where lol...Ok got it..

At Casey's Corner there is a time board where they have the times of the rides I will hide one on top there on friday.

Then on Saturday I will hide one at the pay phone next to the first aid also by Casey's Corner.

Ok! When I get back home I will place the first penny locations and dates on the first post. I am so excited! This should be fun :cheer2:

Ok, the first 2 penny locations that will be placed this weekend are there! Either PM me or post on the thread and I will put the location and date being placed! Thanks! This should be fun!

I'll be there on 2/4-6 and I'll hide some pennies. This is such a great idea! I love it.

Subbing - not going to WDW til June, but I love the idea!!! :goodvibes

We will be going September 15-26th and would love to both search for some and hide some. Anyone going the week before, the week after, or during our trip?

Also the pressed penny idea is fun...

Here are pics of my penny. I'll hide it when I'm there (1/23 - 1/26) and will post letting everyone know the approximate vicinity where I have hidden it. :thumbsup2

SAM_1136.jpg

SAM_1137.jpg

Sorry the pics are so blurry, but you get the idea.

Here are pics of my penny. I'll hide it when I'm there (1/23 - 1/26) and will post letting everyone know the approximate vicinity where I have hidden it. :thumbsup2

SAM_1136.jpg

SAM_1137.jpg

Sorry the pics are so blurry, but you get the idea.

Very good! Thats what mine looks like, too :)

How fun!!! I will be there the last week in February... I wanna play!

Ok! Look for the pennies that are posted in the 1st post and let me know where you hid yours so I can post them :goodvibes

The more the merrier!

This sounds like so much fun!!:goodvibes

I'll be there the last week of February and I would love to hide some pennies. They'll be exotic, too- Canadian pennies!:laughing:

Is this only within the MK? Or every park/resort?

This sounds like so much fun!!:goodvibes

I'll be there the last week of February and I would love to hide some pennies. They'll be exotic, too- Canadian pennies!:laughing:

Is this only within the MK? Or every park/resort?

Its wherever you feel like it on WDW property! Just post and let me know when you get back. I'll put it on the penny location post!

YES! Totally getting in on this when we're there in a week. I'm ready to hide some pennies.

(And I loved the idea of hiding little army men!)

I am in! Im gonig April 7-11 and can hide and would love to find as well. However I have a suggestion, we should make a limitation to this game as in how many can be hidden. Im thinking like one per land/MK, one per ride/FW and country/WS etc. Otherwise all you gung-ho DISers are going to hide hundreds and then it will kind of take the fun out of it. If there was a limited list I would be more inclined to paly as opposed to spending my whole trip finding hidden pennies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter