Hide/Find a Penny Thread

I'll be at Disney from 1/23 - 1/29 and have already painted a Mickey head on a penny with White Out. But I'm worried that might wash off, maybe I'll redo it at home tonight using white nail polish, that shouldn't wash off in the rain. LOL

I'll take a pic of my final product before I hide it and will post to let everyone know where I hide it. If you want me to take a pic of me hiding it just let me know.

My sister is going to think I finally went off the deep end. :rotfl:

Oooh just had a thought... my niece has some neon green nail polish at home. I think I'll paint my Mickey head with that!! LMAOO

DH and I will be there the 23-29th also staying at Animal Kingdom. I will have a lime green Mickey on my baggalini,if you see me be sure to say hi:)
Have a great trip!!!

DH and I will be there the 23-29th also staying at Animal Kingdom. I will have a lime green Mickey on my baggalini,if you see me be sure to say hi:)
Have a great trip!!!

Very cool! I'll keep an eye out for you!! I'm still not packed, so I'm not sure what bag I'll have, but it'll probably be a small pink plaid Coach bag. LOL My sister lives in Texas and I haven't seen her in almost a year, so I really have no idea what she'll be wearing... at this point I'm not even sure what color her hair will be! ROFL!!

Couple more days! I can't wait!!

I am in! Im gonig April 7-11 and can hide and would love to find as well. However I have a suggestion, we should make a limitation to this game as in how many can be hidden. Im thinking like one per land/MK, one per ride/FW and country/WS etc. Otherwise all you gung-ho DISers are going to hide hundreds and then it will kind of take the fun out of it. If there was a limited list I would be more inclined to paly as opposed to spending my whole trip finding hidden pennies.

I agree about not having tons and tons of pennies everyplace. The issue I see without not hiding enough, however, is that some will disappear and no guarantees they will be replaced. Nothing says anyone has to look for all the pennies. I would suggest just writing a few down and looking for which ones you want :goodvibes

I'll be there Feb 21- Feb 28 will love looking for some and hide some as well. Too much fun!!:cheer2:

YES! Totally getting in on this when we're there in a week. I'm ready to hide some pennies.

(And I loved the idea of hiding little army men!)

Subscribing...I'll be going in March and would love to play!!!:cool1:

Thanks for joining in! When are you going? We're going March 5-13!

I'll be there Feb 21- Feb 28 will love looking for some and hide some as well. Too much fun!!:cheer2:

Glad you all are going to play :banana: Have fun penny searching and let me know when you get back if you hid some pennies!

seems like geocaching with pennies! lol

geocaching dot com

I already said that! :)

I can see this growing into something else eventually. Like...we draw a Mickey head on something with a piece of chalk (for dry periods) or pencil or eraseable marker or something.

I already said that! :)

I can see this growing into something else eventually. Like...we draw a Mickey head on something with a piece of chalk (for dry periods) or pencil or eraseable marker or something.

Sorry, I must've missed it.

That would be fun, too, with the chalk. I bet with how often they clean that would be gone fast :confused:

Sorry, I must've missed it.

That would be fun, too, with the chalk. I bet with how often they clean that would be gone fast :confused:

Depends on where it's done I suppose.

In front of the Rose and Crown in Epcot's WS, CMs are usually putting down a game of hop-scotch in chalk and writing a greeting on the ground, too.

Just have to find a place rather visible without a lot of foot traffic.

I have been doing this for a couple of years. The penny I hid in AK was there in October, I believe I hid it in Spring of 08 so that is a good 18 months. I hid one in MK that was there for about 3 months but was gone after my trip 6 months later. I hid one near Pirates in October that I plan to look for on Saturday. My DS and Epcot pennies have never remained from trip to trip, I need to find better spots.

I have been doing this for a couple of years. The penny I hid in AK was there in October, I believe I hid it in Spring of 08 so that is a good 18 months. I hid one in MK that was there for about 3 months but was gone after my trip 6 months later. I hid one near Pirates in October that I plan to look for on Saturday. My DS and Epcot pennies have never remained from trip to trip, I need to find better spots.[/QUOTEB]

Cool to know that some have lasted, though! Makes our game more fun to play since we know that it will work.

I'm in! We will be there May 9th - 16th

I will hide some. So to get this right; after I hide a penny I post where I hide them on this thread and If I find one I'm supposed to take a photo and post it here right??????

I'm in! We will be there May 9th - 16th

I will hide some. So to get this right; after I hide a penny I post where I hide them on this thread and If I find one I'm supposed to take a photo and post it here right??????

That is correct. I will keep the updated list of penny locations in the very first post of this thread. Have fun!

Is this how I should mark the penny?

DISPenny.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter