HKDL all in one day in Dec?

EvilinaDM101

I LOVE Disney, Lilo and Stitch, Depeche Mode and m
Hello!! Just a quick question! My DH and I will be going after the Quadruple crown this coming Dec and we are hoping and planning on doing HKDL in just 1day. Is it possible? I keep reading that it is very small but to do most if not all the rides and the shows? Any thoughts and opinions welcomed!! Thanks in advance and we can't wait!! :):cool1:

If there are low crowds, it is very possible to do. The only thing is that Grizzly Gulch will be opening between now and the end of the year. It might pull in additional traffic.

I was advised to go mid-week. Might be worth checking your date against school holidays and public holidays in Hong Kong/China. I believe some of the South East Asian contries go on school holidays in early/mid December.

With 2 adults and no kids, you probably could. We went with our 2 sons on Children's Day. Everyone was telling us how busy it was, but it wasn't bad. They've apparently never seen WDW over Memorial Day weekend...... :)

Unless it is completely packed, you should be able to do it all in a day. I would prioritise the following attractions because they are a bit (or completely different) to any other Disney parks...

Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars (I would try to do this first since it's still new and there may be a longer wait for it)
The Golden Mickeys (although if you're a Disney cruiser you will have seen it before)
Jungle Cruise (has a cool ending with fire and water effects)
Festival of the Lion King (this was down for maintenance when I went, but I hear it's a bit different to the one in the US)

Everything else is pretty much the same as their US counterparts from what I can gather.

I enjoyed the parade and the fireworks, and would definitely see them again next time, but it depends on your priorities. When I was there I was able to get a decent spot about 15 minutes before they started, so it wouldn't take up that much extra time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter