Homecoming reservations

disfoodie

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone. I saw on the boards people mentioning that they were able to call Homecoming directly to get reservations they couldn't get through the Disney reservation system. Can anyone confirm they have done this and tell me how far in advance I can call and book?

Might be quicker to give them a call and find out? I did a quick check and it does appear they are completely booked out for all the dates I checked of what's currently available.

Usual advice is to book it immediately at 60 days, and for popular places, aim towards the end of your trip since others have already had access to the earlier days of your trip.

If it's already after 60 days, you could try calling, but your best bet is likely to just keep checking all the days of your trip periodically to see if someone released their reservation.

I often find that the week of my trip is the best time to find these dropped reservations because people change their minds last minute.

Hey everyone. I saw on the boards people mentioning that they were able to call Homecoming directly to get reservations they couldn't get through the Disney reservation system. Can anyone confirm they have done this and tell me how far in advance I can call and book?

I just called last week (March 24) to book for April 14. Wasn't an issue at all, and they had A LOT of availability. (I could have even booked a dinner for March 24.) I did not ask how far out I could have booked, but I would assume at least the 60 days.

Called 2 weeks ago about April 21 (in the past, we’ve called 2 days prior and also walked up at 5:30 pm).

I called the second week in March for reservations the last week in April. I got the day and time I wanted. (Completely booked for the day on the Disney reservation site)

Yes. They told me that their philosophy is to hold a good portion of their tables out of the system bcz they don’t like to be difficult for ppl to be able to get they day of. So walk-ups are often available as part of their mantra. 💗 I had a long chat w one of the nicest mangers EVER.

Yes. They told me that their philosophy is to hold a good portion of their tables out of the system bcz they don’t like to be difficult for ppl to be able to get they day of. So walk-ups are often available as part of their mantra. 💗 I had a long chat w one of the nicest mangers EVER.

That's pretty awesome. Do you know if this translates to other restaurants in the parks as well, or is this a Disney Springs thing? Or just a Homecomin' thing?

I just recently did that, I called roughly 30 days out. Online they had zero availability but calling in they had prime time (7 pm) availability. Definitely worth a call.

That's pretty awesome. Do you know if this translates to other restaurants in the parks as well, or is this a Disney Springs thing? Or just a Homecomin' thing?
Specific to Homecomin'. We were able to walk up in October and get a table outside right away which was great. A few restaurants in the parks have walk up lists you can join during the day, but otherwise there's little to no walk up availability in the parks. Not sure about other DS restaurants but it's worth it to check OpenTable as there's often more availability and free cancellation.

Homecomin’ is not a Disney owned restaurant, so it’s a Homecomin’ thing. Other restaurants at Disney Springs and even in resorts and parks are similar (Yak and Yeti, Shula, Il Mulino, Rix, etc.. all independently owned restaurant). It depends if they are Disney owned or just on Disney property.

Last edited:
Homecomin is independently owned by Chef Art Smith (Oprah Winfrey’s private chef), so that philosophy will be his. It IS great! My experience tho is it isn’t shared by any Disney owned eateries. The only other ones that might have similar mantras would be other independently owned places.

Does anyone know if you can order from the regular menu during Saturday or Sunday brunch, even at 9:00 a.m.? And is any of the outside seating in the shade or covered? Going end of May and don’t want to be too warm to enjoy our food if we sit outside.

Does anyone know if you can order from the regular menu during Saturday or Sunday brunch, even at 9:00 a.m.? And is any of the outside seating in the shade or covered? Going end of May and don’t want to be too warm to enjoy our food if we sit outside.
I am not sure about that early, but when I went during brunch hours in Dec 2019 we could choose from either menu. We were on the deluxe dining plan and could mix app, entree and dessert between menus, even.

Ok. I searched. I promise. What number do you call. Their webpage just shows the the regular Disney Dining phone number. Is that what you call? And I checked Open Table and do not seeing listed. Am I just missing it?

Yes, you an order from either even early.

Almost all the outdoor seating is covered. They recently added an expanded outdoor dining space that's really nice with fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter