Honey I'm Home! Just back from the Wonder

Gretel

I like being ME
We had a WONDERful cruise. Weather was perfect and CC was awesome as usual.
Any questions please ask away!

I'd love to hear some details about your trip. DH and I will be on the Wonder for the first time in November and I am so excited. What category cabin did you stay in? Did you eat at Palo's? Any spa treatments you'd recommend? Did you make it to the adult beach at Castaway Cay? Would you say hubby and I would be out of place dressing for dinner? I want him to rent a tux and I would like to wear something a bit fancy at least one night (maybe dinner at Palo's). Any other tips you'd like to share would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for answering my questions. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

Glad you had a WONDERful time!

Who was your server and assistant server, and where were they from? How was the service (dinner)? What is your opinion of the food in the restaurants?

Thanks!

We were in a Cat 5/verandah cabin.
We did not do Palos this time as we had cruised with DCL before and had done so on a previous cruise. Palos was I heard thru other people onboard booked fo the entire cruise.
I had the body massage at the spa and the girl had me almost sleeping I was so relaxed. We did go over to the adult beach for awhile and it so soooooooooooo quiet and peaceful not a screaming child in ear range. (My DD's are 14 and 12 and they stayed on the family beach while my DH and I went to the adult beach.
As for dressing for dinnner, this was our third cruise and by far the dress on this one was the worst I have seen. People did actually arrive at Tritons in tshirts. On our seven day cruise a tux would not be out of place, but on this 4 day we took your hubby would have been the only one.in a tux. There were some more formal dresses and suits at Palos when we walked by............I even saw jeans at dinner in Tritons where a jacket is requested.

We had Ganesh from India and Nathalie from France as our servers. They were wonderful! The head server for the dining room was Ibrahim and he was also very good.
Our favorite food was at Animators Palate.

Did you happen to notice if there are any lifeguards or CM's watching out at the beach @ CC? Just wondering, as we have 3 kids of varying ages, would feel more assured if I knew there were also lifeguards present watching all those kids!!

Thanks so much Gretel for sharing your experiences. DH does not really want to rent a tux and if he was the only one dressed up in one, he probably wouldn't be too happy with me. Personally, I wouldn't care what other people wore. I want to feel like a princess and dress up but maybe we'll take it down a notch and he can wear a nice suit and I'll find a nice cocktail dress. I'll bet we'll still look great.

I am a little disappointed to know people are not dressing nicely for the restaurants in the evening on the shorter cruises. It would seem like part of the fun experience to me. Being my first cruise, I have visions of "Love Boat" in my head with everyone dressed fancy at meal times dining with Captain Stubbing. Silly I guess, but I do appreciate your letting me know how it is on the ship.

Lisa - There are <I>a lot</I> of guests (including myself) even on the shorter cruises who DO dress for dinner according to DCL's recommended dress codes . . . especially for late seating. If enough of us continue to do so, I am sure DCL will not decide to change the dress code to "anything goes," which IMHO would degrade the entire cruise experience. Not trying to start a debate. Just my opinion. :o

taswira-
I totally agree with you. We too dress as DCL recommends for dinner and I hope they never go to " anything goes" I just meant out of our three cruises this one seemed to be really getting carried away with tshirts and such. To us that is part of cruising is getting dressed for dinner.

hiptopfamily-
There were lifguards on the beach at CC. I remember seeing two in the water and two actually on the sand area in towers.

ZerasPride-
We did not feel out of place in our "best dress". WE love getting dressed for dinner. If you want hubby to wear a tux I say go for it. On our seven day cruises we do rent a tux, on othe shorter ones my husband wears a tie/jacket. (oh and a shirts and pants!LOL)

Taswira - thanks for the encouraging comments. I loved reading your trip reports by the way!

Like you, I don't want to start a debate either. I think that I just may have a false sense of what the cruise atmosphere is like from the movies and such. I know on the 4 day we won't have a formal or semi-formal night but I was hoping that at least for Palo's people dressed nicely. DH and I will certainly be among those who follow the dress code and maybe I can talk hubby into renting a tux ;) ! We'll see . . .

ZerasPride-

At Palos everyone we saw was in a nice dress or formal and the guys all had jackets and ties.

Gretel - Thanks again for your comments. I know I can convince hubby to wear a nice suit and I guess I am dreaming about the tux (lol). I'm glad to hear that in Palo's people dress up. I am really looking forward to this cruise and November can't come quick enough for me!

Although things were getting pretty casual for a while, I noticed on our last few 3-day cruises that most people (at least on late seating) are dressing up and not wearing jeans (well, at least most of them...we did see a few "dressed down"). Hubby and I are jeans people while at home, so we like to use our cruises as an opportunity to dress up a bit. OF course, that's just at dinner time. The rest of the time you will find us in shorts and t-shirts or in swim wear (or in our undies in a spa treatment room). :D
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

oops, I was getting a little confused.
my login is Gretel but my real name is Lisa so I thought taswira was talking to me when it was really Zeras! LOL

I'm still on Island Time!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter