Hong Kong Disneyland questions.

Everyone keeps saying that High Tea is the same as Afternoon Tea but there is really one main difference. They both serve the same food except that High Tea usually has some sort of lunch-like entree included. That's what an official High Tea is. Now, whether Disney actually keeps to that is another thing. A lot of hotels claim to have High Tea but actually just serve Afternoon Tea because they're not aware of the difference.

I'm so excited for your trip! I'll be there next week and my husband and I are Silver members so we don't get those other benefits. Maybe next time!

Helenk, how does your daughter like Disney English? I'm living in Beijing right now and am thinking of getting certification to apply there. I've heard they work really long weekend hours, which I'm hesitant about. Glad she's liking Beijing so far!

Everyone keeps saying that High Tea is the same as Afternoon Tea but there is really one main difference. They both serve the same food except that High Tea usually has some sort of lunch-like entree included. That's what an official High Tea is. Now, whether Disney actually keeps to that is another thing. A lot of hotels claim to have High Tea but actually just serve Afternoon Tea because they're not aware of the difference.

I'm so excited for your trip! I'll be there next week and my husband and I are Silver members so we don't get those other benefits. Maybe next time!

Helenk, how does your daughter like Disney English? I'm living in Beijing right now and am thinking of getting certification to apply there. I've heard they work really long weekend hours, which I'm hesitant about. Glad she's liking Beijing so far!
She does like working for Disney English as it has given her the opportunity to work abroad. However it is an after school program, which she knew going in. The hours are usually from 1:00 to 6:30 or 7:00 pm and she does work Saturday and Sunday in fact those are the busiest days. She does get off on Wednesday and Thursday though so it gives her time to travel around during the week when some places are not as crowded. She really likes the people she works with, the all seem to get along and do a lot together.

The Hollywood Hotel is my favorite Disney hotel. There's no shuttle, but the taxi is relatively inexpensive; I take it both ways. I've only taken the Disney train once and it was just a quick out-and-back.

I don't usually leave HKDL, because I stay for just 3 days. I hope someone can help with the rest of your questions.

Make sure you ride Mystic Manor!

Fastest way is taxi, not cheapest but definitely fastest, getting to the Peak is a few transfers on the train and either a walk or taxi so it will take a while with three kids. If you don't mind the cost, taxi.

Mytripsandraces, why do you prefer Hollywood Hotel? We are not going back for two years but might stay our first few or last few days in a Disney hotel so I am very interested. Our kids will be 9 and 5 when we go back, we're last there last year at 6 and 4 but stayed at JW Marriott.

Fastest way is taxi, not cheapest but definitely fastest, getting to the Peak is a few transfers on the train and either a walk or taxi so it will take a while with three kids. If you don't mind the cost, taxi.

Mytripsandraces, why do you prefer Hollywood Hotel? We are not going back for two years but might stay our first few or last few days in a Disney hotel so I am very interested. Our kids will be 9 and 5 when we go back, we're last there last year at 6 and 4 but stayed at JW Marriott.

I haven't stayed in the Disneyland Hotel, but I just love the Hollywood Hotel. Besides the thrill of staying in the "Hollywood Hotel," the theming is gorgeous, I love Chef Mickey's and Hollywood & Dine, the cast members are very friendly and helpful, and it's a great location for running. It's between Disneyland and Inspiration Lake (but make sure the lake area is open, before running over there). There's also a nice gift shop in the hotel. I've only been during the Christmas holiday and I like the way they decorate.

I've stayed at both onsite hotels, and prefer the HKDL Hotel. It's closer to the park (only a 10 minute walk), and the theming is much classier IMO. They also have rooms with balconies (not sure if they are more expensive or not, as we got moved from our original room due to a bad smell), which are just lovely. It's a very pretty and grand hotel, and we really enjoyed just sitting in the lobby with the pianist or band for entertainment.

Having said that, it is the more expensive of the two, so it probably depends on your budget. And if you have boys, they might prefer the less girly theming of the Hollywood.

If money was not an issue, I personally would choose to stay at the HKDL Hotel every time :goodvibes There are lots of photos of both in my HK TRs if you're interested.

We just returned from our holiday. Hong Kong Disneyland was fantastic! We stayed at both the Disneyland hotels. I also preferred the Hollywood hotel. It was just more kid friendly I felt. Much brighter colours/decorations and many more kids stayed there. At the other hotel I just felt like I needed to make my kids behave,no running,no loud talking etc all the time, which is hard with 3 active little kids(5 and under). Nothing wrong with the other hotel, just a different sort of atmosphere. The shuttle does come to both hotels. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter