Horses at SSR?

spereira

Remember The Magic!!
Since SSR is themed after horse racing do you think that they will eventually put real horses there. That would be wonderful. I know that they have horseback riding at Ft.Wilderness...but wouldn't you think they would have some kind of horses at "The Saratoga Springs Resort" ....

About the best we can do at this time is have "Rash" stop by for a visit! :rotfl2:

When you see his avatar you'll know what I mean! :goodvibes

no - it is surrounded by a golf course. which horses would mess up. Not my opinion - what I got told in one of the member meeting.

spereira said:
...wouldn't you think they would have some kind of horses at "The Saratoga Springs Resort"...
I'm not sure, but there might be some in the pot-pie at Artist's Palette.

our guide said that something about they lost their permits to have horses for health reasons??? Said SSR was very disappointed as it was one of the things they planned on when building the resort. As a avid horse lover, I can say I was very disappointed myself!!!!!!!!

They have comissioned a renowned artist to create a Bronze Sculpture of a Horse and the area will be called "The Winners Circle". Not sure where they will put it, but I believe on that grassy area in front of the Carriage House.

I think the Bronze Horse will smell alot better too! Have you ever been to FW? :)

LIFERBABE said:
They have comissioned a renowned artist to create a Bronze Sculpture of a Horse and the area will be called "The Winners Circle". Not sure where they will put it, but I believe on that grassy area in front of the Carriage House.

I think the Bronze Horse will smell alot better too! Have you ever been to FW? :)

Horse geek here, been around horses my whole life. I actually love the smell of horse hair and putting my face in their mane. It is my favorite smell, I think over the years from training horses my sense of smell is gone... which is good as I am a nurse now and let me say people smell much worse than horses!!!!! :rotfl:
thanks for sharing the news about the bronze sculpture. I bet that is going to be breathtaking!!! love hearing SSR news, Thanks! :flower:

I think it would be a fairly expensive proposition to have live horses at SSR. They'd have to hire a stable master, plus the feed and maintenance to appeal to a less than majority percentage of SSR owners. I personally think it would add atmosphere to the resort, but I don't look for Disney to stable them there since horseback riding is available at Ft. Wilderness.

We stayed at SSR last week, and overheard a guide telling his tour members that they would have horses at the resort in the future. Just what we heard. Was not confirmed.

This thread has so much comedy potential for me that I'm actually not going to respond so as not to hijack the topic.

LIFERBABE said:

THem's fightin' words, missy. Any horse person will remind you (and I'm one) that horses smell great, it's the people that stink.

We would have seriously considered Saratoga if they had a few thoroughbreds grazing behind those white fences.

Ok, Im a country gal, and Im sorry to blame all that stink at FW on the horses :love: ! I know they house several critters that contribute to the aroma. :rotfl2:

OBTHW, that was just a joke, and we get past the smell at FW every trip to take part in all the activities they offer. Besides, Dh and the boys don't smell a thing! LOL! I think it is just me! princess:

I dont know, I guess a horse can smell better than a poopie diaper! :rotfl2:

there is a nice bronze opposite the phones near checkin think its 4 horses in full gallop its about a foot high
Paulh

Rash said:
This thread has so much comedy potential for me that I'm actually not going to respond so as not to hijack the topic.
When I grow up I wanna' be just like Rash.

rinkwide said:
When I grow up I wanna' be just like Rash.

::Pats Rinkwide on the head::

Sport, if you work really hard, you two can be a future president of the U.S. Stay in school and eat your vegetables.

Darn that smilie guy Tom for hijacking! ;)

Rinkwide - It's easy to play non-hijacker when you've got a whole thread of Nothing but hijacking.

PS - His rate for rides are posted there.

Enough of the trouble-makers :angel: , back to the discussion of whether there will be horses at SSR. :snooty:

Geez, I try to restrain myself for once and I STILL get clobbered. Is it any wonder I'm a troublemaker?

Actually, I didn't mean to imply that anyone else was hijacking the thread. I was just so overwhelmed with potential comedic responses (the talking horse thing and all) that not replying seemed like the best option for my career and everyone elses' sanity. Plus, the pot-pie thing was tough to follow. I punctured a sclera laughing at that one. The patients, not mine.

Anyone know if there's horses at SSR?

That's why you should never perform LASIK while under the influence of the DIS Boards.

Anyone know if there's horses at SSR?
Sorry, there aren't. But, for only twenty bucks, I can give a piggy-back ride while my seven-year-old bangs coconuts together.

Certain weight restrictions apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter