Hot Off the Rumor Mill!

Rumors are a lot of fun, but with all things Disney, I'll believe it when I hear the official announcement (every hear about Beastly Kingdom??).

However if you all want to use your points to book rooms at AKL to help that process along, then maybe I'll have a better chance of getting a ressie at VWL :rotfl2:

We have yet to visit the AK Lodge, I've heard it is beautiful, but we are saving it for a trip when we feel we have done it all! LOL! That will be our last bastion of WDW wowness! :rotfl:

That is quite interesting stuff! Thanks for posting.

We will be on the DVC Member cruise next week and Jim Lewis (DVC Pres) will host a Q&A. The questions have already been submitted and I know someone asked about future DVC's. His Family will be on the cruise so hopefully we will be seated at the same table at dinner! We didnt plan alot, because I want to be able to attend as many DVC functions offered on the cruise as I can.
I'll report back if there's anything juicy! :rotfl2:

DiznEeyore said:
As I said in my OP, Jim, some of the info is old, some is new to me. Sorry if it's old news to you. Obviously the info on how they determined where to build was new to some. ;)

And even if you don't think Hawaii is "likely", what do you imagine they'll do with the land they own there, and why would they be asking agents to get their HI real estate licenses? I'm interested to hear what your theory is.

Don't get me wrong, I love rumors just like the next person! ;) I really want to see a CR or AKL, but the others don't appeal to me so I have a biased opinion. :)

With Hawaii, do we know if they actually bought the land and how long they have owned it? I just think that they would stay close to "the World" (SSR, AKL, CR) before moving onto DL and Hawaii. They have a gold mine right now with DVC in Disney World, and the offsite properties have not really been tremendous hits.

I would like to see all of these things happen, but I think that they will stay local before venturing out again.

JimFitz said:
With Hawaii, do we know if they actually bought the land and how long they have owned it? I just think that they would stay close to "the World" (SSR, AKL, CR) before moving onto DL and Hawaii. They have a gold mine right now with DVC in Disney World, and the offsite properties have not really been tremendous hits.
The guide said DVC had "recently purchased" the land in Hawaii but did not say on which island. I agree with your observations, and from what the guide said, WDW would definitely see the most development in the near future.

JimFitz said:

We can use this to start a new rumor--a Disney theme park in Hawaii! :earseek:

Do the guides currently have Florida real estate licenses in order to sell timeshares? I know in most states (all that I have 1st hand knowledge of) an employee doesn't have to have a real estate license to sell property their employer owns. For instance a home builder selling the homes they build can have an employee sell those specific properties without the state requiring a r.e. license.

1000th happy haunt said:
We can use this to start a new rumor--a Disney theme park in Hawaii! :earseek:

The cat is out of the bag:

The new park will be called Hawaii Adventure

So many threads going on about DVC expansion I no longer no where to post. In a few thread I have mentioned timelines for the completion of the South Wing. I then went on to say that we will know the fate of the North Wing about that time. Well the info I go off Allears may not have been accurate. Here is the dates I got off a thread on the resorts board:

The_Insider said:
The first phase of the south is due back 01/06/2006
The second(last) phase of the south is due back 06/30/2006

I expect that if these dates are accurate that we will know the fate of the North Wing at that time. Though a DVC announcement could come soon (if at all), early to middle of next year is a good bet.

I also got this info off the same thread:

The_Insider said:
There is no “official Plan” for the north, but I have talked to some people who know. They said the north will be torn down and rebuilt as a 5 or 6 story DVC building. There will be an indoor hallway connecting to the forth floor of the tower. No word on dates yet, but it will be after the tower and south are complete.

Not much that hasn't been said already, but interesting none the less.

I would LOVE a DVC AKL! :love:
I love AKL so much, that I may be adding a weekend to my planned trip w/my sweetie there next year :love2: before moving to SSR as a suprise for him.
The only bad thing I can think about a AKL DVC is, I'd have to give WDW even more $$$ money than I already do!
As far as as a CR DVC, no thanks.
Hawaii does sound nice though! :sunny:

Stitch 03 said:
So many threads going on about DVC expansion I no longer no where to post. In a few thread I have mentioned timelines for the completion of the South Wing. I then went on to say that we will know the fate of the North Wing about that time. Well the info I go off Allears may not have been accurate. Here is the dates I got off a thread on the resorts board:

I expect that if these dates are accurate that we will know the fate of the North Wing at that time. Though a DVC announcement could come soon (if at all), early to middle of next year is a good bet.

I also got this info off the same thread:

Not much that hasn't been said already, but interesting none the less.

I like the comment about connecting the fourth floor to the concourse at CR, this would be great!! Imagine walking from your villa to Chef Mickey and then hop on the monorail to MK or Epcot!!

Lasrnw said:
What is AKL? :confused3

That is Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!

I have mixed feelings. I know I would buy CR in a heartbeat, but as much as I love AKL I don't think I would buy. CA and HI I am 100% in without a doubt. I am now planning hubby's and mine retirement , 3 months WDW, 1 month CA, 1-2 months HI then back to NJ for a few months to visit the grandkids ( my kids are only 4,6 and 8 I'm thinking ahead). Wouldn't be a bad way to go!!!!! :banana: :banana:

Honestly I would love all options. I would buy at AKL and Hawaii first though. Even though CR is tempting we could not over do it to that extent and being I have never been to Hawaii I would LOVE to start with trips to DVC... Now if they got the DCL to go there also it would be heaven!!! What a better way to vacation. Cruise on DCL and stay at DVC then Cruise back. That would be one awesome lnad and sea package!!! One came dream LOL

I thought the tidbit posted on the size and shape of the building at CR was new as well as the timeline info. Of course it is all rumor-tidbits that may be true yesterday but not today, etc. I was assuming they would have to tear down the north and rebuild a DVC building. I wouldn't have wanted to put money down on a rehabbed old CR with lots of existing problems. The 5 story building with a link to the tower sounds like a reasonably good plan. I'm wondering if they will announce something at the annual meetings in Dec.? or wait even longer? Did someone mention that they had to start construction so many months after selling the timeshare? However I think DL annoncement will come first then CR. (assuming this is even happening! LOL!)

The AKL rumor is interesting, but I find it difficult to imagine how one part (one wing?) of the resort could have been built for easy conversion to DVC. Seems to me construction is pretty uniform throughout, and if two non-deluxe rooms are to be somehow converted into a 1BR suite, it will be the smallest DVC 1BR yet. (Sorry to be a wet blanket Shan!)

Hawaii would be the stuff of dreams, but it costs a bundle just get a family of four over there and back from eastern US.

Still it is all exciting! Anything but Eagle Pines is my motto!

DisneyBill said:
Is it required by law, or a DVD requirement? Thanks.
According to our guide, because DVC is deeded property, agents are required by law to have their real estate licenses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter