Hotel Feedback?

Peachy0118

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience staying at the Wyndham Peacock Suites?

A friend is planning their first trip to Disney and has the chance to stay there very cheaply, but is asking for feedback, both on the stay itself as well as access to the parks and so on. I started doing some research for them but thought if someone here has had some direct experience that may be more helpful. :)
TIA

I am sorry we have not been much help. Just a guess but the Wyndham might not be a popular hotel based on the the number of views and no replies??

I didn't look up where the hotel is located but if it is outside of walking distance you will have to Uber or go with the ART system which is sus.

Its part of the Wyndham time share arm, it really reminds me of a Marriott TownPlace Suites Location is a bit beyond walking, around 25 minutes, but price out uber and decide. If the price is right, you bet, but for me I'd be wanting something a bit closer and within easy walking. We've stayed at the Sheraton at the park, so we're ok with a good walk but that's a straight walk down Harbor Blvd. I did get a laugh at the hot tub picture the used, which has a bunch of foam... meaning it needed some maintenance - not the best photo IMHO.

Its part of the Wyndham time share arm, it really reminds me of a Marriott TownPlace Suites Location is a bit beyond walking, around 25 minutes, but price out uber and decide. If the price is right, you bet, but for me I'd be wanting something a bit closer and within easy walking. We've stayed at the Sheraton at the park, so we're ok with a good walk but that's a straight walk down Harbor Blvd. I did get a laugh at the hot tub picture the used, which has a bunch of foam... meaning it needed some maintenance - not the best photo IMHO.
Yikes, 25 mins away. After a long day in the parks I wouldn't want to make that trek. Like you said, price out Uber and compare it to the hotel savings.

Give me something closer. We have stayed at a few hotels on Harbor over the years and have been totally happy.

Unfortunately, many of the nicest offsite hotels are not the closest. You either have to tolerate the closest options that are not the highest end hotels or travel a bit further for higher end accommodations. That being said, there are many great moderate level motels right across the street - we stay at many of them all the time and have a great experience. We go to Disneyland for the parks, not the hotel, so being as close as possible is priority number 1, 2, and 3.

What's most important - proximity to the parks or having a nice hotel with amenities to stay at? Do you plan to spend all day in the parks? Do you plan to use the pools or dine at the hotel? Are you accustomed to staying at moderate motels while traveling or luxury accommodations? Have you looked at onsite?

Some higher end options that are closer than the hotel OP mentioned include: Ritz, Westin, Hilton, Sheraton, and several others. These are still longer walks, but 10-15 minutes as opposed to the 25+ mentioned.

To me, the entire benefit of going to DLR as opposed to WDW is the ease of transport. Once I get there, even staying offsite, I can walk everywhere I need to go and not step foot in any mode of transportation for the rest of the trip. Staying 25+ minutes away is not appealing to me, even if it means paying more money for a moderate level hotel.

When we go we pick close options. Stovealls Best Western is our go-to.

This is for a friend who has an opportunity to stay there cheap/free. This is the only way they will be doing Disney at this time.

However if the hotel is not good, they will wait and stay elsewhere another year.

@Peachy0118 I don't think they would be staying at a bad hotel at all, it's fairly new still. The only real downside is the distance, if they don't have carseat kids then an Uber is going to run about $8. ART appears to have stops near by as well, so they have some good options if the pricing of the hotel is the driving factor.

@Peachy0118 I don't think they would be staying at a bad hotel at all, it's fairly new still. The only real downside is the distance, if they don't have carseat kids then an Uber is going to run about $8. ART appears to have stops near by as well, so they have some good options if the pricing of the hotel is the driving factor.
Perfect. Their kid is older than carseat so I'll pass that on.

I did stay there a night before we checked into the GCH about a year ago, friends had points there, too. It was fine, newly renovated and the staff were friendly. Just don't get sucked into the timeshare presentation, even if you own points already. After you check in they tell you to go talk to another person in the lobby to get your "gift" - walk on by, it's a ploy to get you to go to a hard sell timeshare presentation. It is walkable to DL, but a little far at the end of the night. There is a ART bus stop right out front if you decide to go that route, I would rideshare. They do charge for parking, too. But overall it was very clean and the staff were good, I would stay there again. I definitely prefer on Disney property, however it's not a bad alternative as long as being close is not a priority.

Unfortunately, many of the nicest offsite hotels are not the closest. You either have to tolerate the closest options that are not the highest end hotels or travel a bit further for higher end accommodations. That being said, there are many great moderate level motels right across the street - we stay at many of them all the time and have a great experience. We go to Disneyland for the parks, not the hotel, so being as close as possible is priority number 1, 2, and 3.

What's most important - proximity to the parks or having a nice hotel with amenities to stay at? Do you plan to spend all day in the parks? Do you plan to use the pools or dine at the hotel? Are you accustomed to staying at moderate motels while traveling or luxury accommodations? Have you looked at onsite?

Some higher end options that are closer than the hotel OP mentioned include: Ritz, Westin, Hilton, Sheraton, and several others. These are still longer walks, but 10-15 minutes as opposed to the 25+ mentioned.

To me, the entire benefit of going to DLR as opposed to WDW is the ease of transport. Once I get there, even staying offsite, I can walk everywhere I need to go and not step foot in any mode of transportation for the rest of the trip. Staying 25+ minutes away is not appealing to me, even if it means paying more money for a moderate level hotel.
You absolutely nailed it 100%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter