Why Walk

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
I noticed that the trams do not stop at every lot at the theme parks. For instance zurg and jafar at MK they make the guests walk. Same for unicorn at AK. I know they are closer then the other lots but after a long day at the park it still feels like a long walk. But my main confusion is that the walking lots are in the same path as the other lots. The tram would not have to detour or change direction but just make one extra stop. Is there a safety reason. Why not just stop for the guests convenience.

OK, please expand. How does stopping the trams a couple of extra times mean increased costs? I guess the brakes would wear out SLIGHTLY quicker?
More to the point, you need more trams and operators to keep capacity to the current remote lots the same.

And it will make getting to your car slower, so I don't really see the benefit. If a few hundred yards is make-or-break for you after walking around the park for a day, you should talk to your doctor and get a handicap parking permit.

OK, please expand. How does stopping the trams a couple of extra times mean increased costs? I guess the brakes would wear out SLIGHTLY quicker?

Let's use some simple math...
  1. Assume there is one tram operating that carries 200 guests when full;
  2. There are 600 guests waiting, lined up randomly...200 parked in the 'close' lots and the remaining 400 in the far lots
  3. Each tram takes 30 minutes for a loop through the lot

The tram needs to make three full trips in order to move these 600 guests...because the 200 guests at the 'close' lots will need to be accommodated. That's 90 minutes to move 600 guests, and fuel for three trips

If the tram skips those close lots, that means only 400 guests in the far lots...two full trips, only 60 minutes and two trips of fuel.

With this logic, 200 more guests in the far lot can be accommodated faster with that now-extra 'third trip' since the close guests will need to walk.

If you want to ride the trams because you’re too tired at the end of the day to walk to your car, park in the further lots!

Let's use some simple math...
  1. Assume there is one tram operating that carries 200 guests when full;
  2. There are 600 guests waiting, lined up randomly...200 parked in the 'close' lots and the remaining 400 in the far lots
  3. Each tram takes 30 minutes for a loop through the lot

The tram needs to make three full trips in order to move these 600 guests...because the 200 guests at the 'close' lots will need to be accommodated. That's 90 minutes to move 600 guests, and fuel for three trips

If the tram skips those close lots, that means only 400 guests in the far lots...two full trips, only 60 minutes and two trips of fuel.

With this logic, 200 more guests in the far lot can be accommodated faster with that now-extra 'third trip' since the close guests will need to walk.
Lot of assumptions though. Based on the assumptions you made, yes, the logic is sound.

If you want to ride the trams because you’re too tired at the end of the day to walk to your car, park in the further lots!
I haven't been to the parks for rope drop where you get to choose, there are always cast members directing all the traffic on one singular course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter