How are gasoline prices in your neck of the woods.

hasn't gotten lower than $2.25 in Connecticut.

It was $2.16 in Willimantic when I was there.

Diesel in Manchester at Fast Freddie's was $3.03. Needless to say I filled up there. They have been cheaper than most places in eastern CT. Pain in the butt to get in and out of but worth the hassle.

As I said, rig work is slowing down. But all the maintenance that is needed to keep it pumping/flowing is still needed. Rig work slows down no matter what the oil prices do - at a certain point, there doesn't need to be new rigs set up and maintenance gets down to specialized jobs.

I don't know a lot about land rigs as ds, his father, grandfather and uncles all work/worked on offshore rigs. The scary part there is when the rigs don't go to a new place to drill and entire crews start getting laid off. Ds's rig is still under a two year contract so he's good for now. But if the lay offs start it can be devastating to the southern states. Many of these men have specialized jobs that don't transfer into other areas very well. Another way ds is lucky. As a crane operator he can work in other industries just for a lot less money.

Perhaps in areas with land rigs it doesn't effect the area as much. Alrhough I would expect that it can be pretty devastating to those men and their families.

Jumped from $1.78 to $1.94 yesterday. Missing the $1.69 from a few weeks ago. NOT missing the $3.79 from last Summer.

Jumped from $1.78 to $1.94 yesterday. Missing the $1.69 from a few weeks ago. NOT missing the $3.79 from last Summer.

Has anyone heard why its going back up or how high its supposed to go?

I talked to my dad last night and he said he read that the price on barrels of crude oil dropped another couple dollars.

Has anyone heard why its going back up or how high its supposed to go? I talked to my dad last night and he said he read that the price on barrels of crude oil dropped another couple dollars.

Our prices are stable. There's an oil glut right now. Price per barrel is at a six-year low and demand is weak due to anemic global growth. I wouldn't expect a big jump anytime soon. Then again I never would have thought oil prices would would have fallen 44% over the last three months.

That's awesome! We're closer to Philly and our BJ's (Maple Shade) doesn't sell gas. :( Our Costco in Mt. Laurel didn't sell it either but we haven't been there in a looong time. Maybe they do now. I'll have to check it out.
The best I can find around here is $1.77. Our gas stations were busy but the CVS line was as long as the grocery stores.

Costco in Mt Laurel sells gas and its cheap! 1.71 on Monday :cool1:

ours is on the way UP again :(

It was 1.77 just a few weeks ago, then it went up to 1.84, then 1.89 and the other day it took a 10 cent jump and now it is 1.99 :(

It's been as low as $2.09 here, which was amazing to me!

I live in CA. It's not likely to get below $2. (But I can dream, I guess!)

We've had another increase in gas prices from a low of $1.54 to $1.62 and now up again to 1.67.

We've had another increase in gas prices from a low of $1.54 to $1.62 and now up again to 1.67.
Wow! We're still slightly over $2/gallon in the Midwest but, the Mobile station that used to offer 10¢ a gallon less with a car wash is now 15¢ a gallon less with a car wash.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-2_0-39-34.png
    upload_2015-2-2_0-39-34.png
    256 bytes · Views: 2
Saw $1.90 in Nashua NH yesterday. Heard reports of $1.60-ish around Laconia though.

It's been 1.91 in the last week. I had 70 cents off at Kroger, so I filled my tank for $14 and change. :-) If it would stay like this while I finish my final hectic commute-filled semester of nursing school, I would be THRILLED!!!

$2.09 for gas, up 40 cents from the low point.
$2.29 for diesel, still holding at the low point.

Edit: Washington, Missouri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter