How bad is your planning obsession?

pixidust princess said:
DISboards have fueled my obsession.

Here, here! I'm so obsessed that I've volunteered to help with planning my friend's upcoming Thanksgiving trip! I've suggested the itinerary, made recommendations on the resort and buildings, and just sent him information on local groceries. Next I'll be printing out index cards from the best WDW secrets thread--thanks, Deb!

And why? Not because I get to go, not because I expect anything from my friendin return, but because I LOVE make Disney plans.

I guess its bad, we are not planning to go until late 2009...and weve already started the planning

Becky

I love to plan our trips to WDW. After airfare, where we're going to stay, there's what days will go to which parks, rides & attractions we want to do at each park, where we want to eat, etc. I love it. I start reading up on the rehabs that are going on, what is going on while we're there, etc. I also start thinking about things we have not done so we have new experiences while we're there. Bottom line, I enjoy planning almost as much as going to WDW. I am truly addicted to all things Disney!

I'm lame. I plan my trip every day. A lot of my planning is doing a lot of research...bidding my time until BAM! I snatch the best deals and make sure we get the most bang for our buck.

Up @ 5:30 am this morning! I don't even have to be to work until 9:00 am. I am so obsessed with making the perfect vacation for my son and I. (We leave in 5 days!) I can't wait to get on this board and pick up tips/ suggestions. I am addicted!

Charleyann

Charleyann,
You sound like me. We leave in 10 days. We're going for my Birthday. Party includes my Husband as well as my Parents. However, I am doing all the planning because I want to make sure everyone has a good time. My Husband & I are addicted to all things Disney. I hope you & your son have the most wonderful time. Is this your first time to Walt Disney World?
Lisa

sebfigmin said:
Charleyann,
You sound like me. We leave in 10 days. We're going for my Birthday. Party includes my Husband as well as my Parents. However, I am doing all the planning because I want to make sure everyone has a good time. My Husband & I are addicted to all things Disney. I hope you & your son have the most wonderful time. Is this your first time to Walt Disney World?
Lisa

This is not our first time. I try to make each visit as though it is. We do have a number of firsts we're doing ie; MNSSHP 0n Oct 31, MVMCP on Nov 13th, Osbourne Festival of Lights, fantastmic and illuminations!

My son has a life threatening illness. I try to make it so special for him. His doctors won't let us travel outside the USA because ,he gets so sick and treatment isn't good outside Canada or USA. We too love all things Disney...so it is alright!

Happy Birthday to you. I hope your trip is wonderful and filled to perfection! Are you going to MVMCP?

Charleyann
:woohoo: :Pinkbounc

Charleyann said:
This is not our first time. I try to make each visit as though it is. We do have a number of firsts we're doing ie; MNSSHP 0n Oct 31, MVMCP on Nov 13th, Osbourne Festival of Lights, fantastmic and illuminations!

My son has a life threatening illness. I try to make it so special for him. His doctors won't let us travel outside the USA because ,he gets so sick and treatment isn't good outside Canada or USA. We too love all things Disney...so it is alright!

Happy Birthday to you. I hope your trip is wonderful and filled to perfection! Are you going to MVMCP?

Charleyann
:woohoo: :Pinkbounc

We try to make each visit special and as though it is our first. We have yet to go to MNSSHP or to MVMCP. However, we have been to Walt Disney World the week before Christmas. It was wonderful. We saw Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. It is awesome. We've also seen Fantasmic and Illuminations. Both are incredible on their own.

I am sooo sorry to hear about your son. It is nice that he can enjoy Disney with you every year. Thank you for the birthday wish. That was very thoughtful of you. I hope you both have a fantastically magical time mixed with a lot of pixie dust and dreams that come true.
Lisa
:tinker: :smickey:

Wow! I feel so much better after reading all of your posts. :banana: Sometimes I scare myself with my 24-7 Disney obsession! We're not going back until December 2008 and I'm already driving my DH crazy with planning. Today I went to JoAnn's and bought t-shirts to decorate for our trip! Thank goodness for my DIS family - :love: At least you all understand my addiction.

I'm so sorry to hear that too. He's one lucky little boy though to have a mom like you. I hope you guys have a magical time.

As for me... well, I used to know what sleep felt like, till I became a member here. :blush:

not-too-old4fun said:
I'm so sorry to hear that too. He's one lucky little boy though to have a mom like you. I hope you guys have a magical time.

As for me... well, I used to know what sleep felt like, till I became a member here. :blush:

Thank you for your kind words.....but, I must admit I am the lucky one! Children like my son Jacob give you so much. They teach you so much and they show you how to live day to day, to live for the moment! They see beauty in everything much sooner then we see or experience it. They are truly gifts from God. They are courageous, strong, noble, dignified and gregarious.

I believe these children are given a sixth sense...cause deep inside, I think they know time is limited and they make the most out of life............

I AM THE LUCKY ONE!!!!!

Charleyann
:woohoo: :wave: :bounce:

I just found this site and I cant belive that my obsession is shared by so many THANK YOU ALL IM not the only one crazy over planning my vacations to disney! :cheer2:

my planning obsession is so bad, i've already got my ADRs chosen (and have to wait 6 months til it's time to call them in!) - my DH just humors me....

My planning obsession is so bad that onE evening after spending
a few hours reading here and checking out other literature. When
I finally went to bed I was so excited that my brain wouldn't stop
which equalled no sleep. DH & DD13 Made a new rule

NO DISNEY BEFORE BED!!!!!

I would just like to say you people make me feel normal! My family and friends think I am nuts because I have already started researching our Disney cruise for Dec 09!

Wishes2you said:
My planning obsession is so bad that onE evening after spending
a few hours reading here and checking out other literature. When
I finally went to bed I was so excited that my brain wouldn't stop
which equalled no sleep. DH & DD13 Made a new rule

NO DISNEY BEFORE BED!!!!!

Now THERE is a good tag and good words to live by......NO DISNEY BEFORE BED!!

I did not have time to read the entire thread, so this may have been stated already.

My first reaction to this title was - I'm so bad that I'm responding to this thread.

Seriously thought folks, I think the planning is almost as fun as being there.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

My mom always gives me a hard time because I overplan everything. Have since I was little.

Then I "fell in love" with Mickey which of course leads us to the parks and several Disney boards. We just got back from DL 12 days ago and I have all but talked myself, my friend in Anaheim, and my sister into a Jan 07 trip to WDW. A surprise trip for my DD at that. If I could just get the airlines to cooperate... I'd be all set to book. LOL

I can already see giving the kid her gifts on Christmas that are Disney gift cards, park tickets, hotel reservations, etc. She will be so thoroughly amused.

I am developing that bad obsession. I have a ticker counter on my desk top counting down the days until I can make my ressie. Our trip is not for eleven months. I have my packing list already done. I am on here daily trying to plan out our daily activities and meals. :surfweb:

I do not have clothes put aside yet, but I read that idea and I stated getting itchy palms, :rotfl2:

I'm addicted plain and simple.

:wave2: Hi all,
Bad, everyday bad, bad, bad still trying to decide WDW or DCL or both for 2007 trip. Bad, bad, bad.

grumpy-gramps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter