How do I get the dining plan?

lpbm4

Mouseketeer
We're staying at a DVC villa and are interested in the dining plan. I know I can add onto it now, does anyone know how much it is?? We have 2 adults and 2 children under 5. Thanks!! :sunny:

lpbm4 said:
We're staying at a DVC villa and are interested in the dining plan. I know I can add onto it now, does anyone know how much it is?? We have 2 adults and 2 children under 5. Thanks!! :sunny:

The adults are $37.99 each per day and the two kids are $10.99 each per day.

If you are traveling between 8/13/06 and 9/30/06, you can get the dining free (special promotion).

Even paying full price for the plan it's really a great value.

Thank you. We're travelling in December so can't take advantage of the free dining. :( I'm trying to decide saving some $$ and eating in the room vs. the dining plan. Maybe we could do the dining plan 2 or 3 days and have it include our character meals. Thanks!!

Are you using points for your DVC villa? Are you a DVC member or renting points? This makes a difference. If yes to either, then you can add the dining plan on to your reservation. It must be for everyone in your party and it must be for every night of your reservation...no exceptions.

If you are renting a DVC villa from Disney/CRO, then you can not add the dining plan to your reservation unless you purchased a package....includes tickets for all in your party (same type of ticket for each). If yes to this and you did purchase a package, you can add the dining option to your package. Same criteria, every night of your reservation for every person in your party.

Hope this helps.

lpbm4 said:
Maybe we could do the dining plan 2 or 3 days and have it include our character meals. Thanks!!

you would need to set up two reservations if you only want the plan for 2 or 3 days.

the number of days on the dining plan must match the number of hotel nights. from what i understand, the hotels are generally pretty good about not making you change rooms once the first reservation ends and the second one begins.

Well that sucks...we're renting DVC pts from a DVC member for 4 nights. I would prefer not to do the dining plan for all 4 nights, but thank you for telling me that!! Since we have a villa, I wanted to do most of our meals in the room to save some $$$. Thanks again for all the info!! :)

Edited: OK, so I'm thinking this all out--we're at a value for 1 night and then 4 nights at the villas--total of 5 nights/ 6 days. We plan on going to Sea World one day and probably won't eat at WDW on our 1st day of arrival b/c of other plans we have in the area. So I'd like it only for 4 days. Can I do 4 days or does it have to be minimal of 5 days b/c we're staying for 5 nights at a value resort? Or can we just do 4 days and register via DVC for the 4 nights we'll be staying at the DVC resort? Does this make sense to anyone??? :confused3 Sorry if it doesn't!!!

Yes you can add the dining to your 4 night stay at the DVC. Your 1 night stay at a value resort will not affect this. Your dining credits will not begin until you check in at the villas. Your one day at the value resort would be wisely used at Seaworld and not eating at WDW.

Okay, honestly? It doesn't really make sense to me, BUT... your options are:
No dining plan
Dining plan for only the one night you're staying at the value resort
Dining plan for only the four nights you're staying at DVC (this is where I got confused - first you stated one value night and four DVC nights, but later in your post you mention five value nights :))
Dining plan for the one night in the value resort AND dining plan for the four nights in the DVC resort

Note that ALL dining plan credits expire at midnight on the day you check out of the specific resort. So say you check into Pop with the dining plan on Saturday and check out Sunday; all those credits expire Sunday at midnight. Then you check into the DVC resort Sunday and check out Thursday, again wiht the dining plan; those credits are valid and available from the moment you check in on Sunday until midnight on Thursday. You can't carry over credits from one reservation to the other, except for the day you change resorts. Two things you might want to do: crunch numbers - there are menus with pricing at allearsnet.com - to see if the dining plan works for you; and since you don't plan to eat onsite at Disney every meal, maybe double up some of your table service credits for a Signature Restaurant meal or a show like Hoop-De-Doo or the luau.

Thank you! It all makes sense to me now. Kaytieeldr--I just reread my 2nd post and realized I wrote "5 value resort nights" but that is incorrect--my mistake! Thank you all for responding and help me! You all explained exactly what I was wondering!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter