How do virtual queues work with Extended Hours?

Also make sure that the names of the hotel guests are linked properly to the theme park tickets. I made the mistake of adding my husband’s theme park ticket to his nickname, not his full name. But when I made the hotel reservation, I put it under his full name. We ended up having the hotel fix it for us. They merged my husband’s two separate “accounts” into one account. The whole thing was very confusing.

(Evidently in the past, I had theme park tickets under his nickname and also under his official name, so that created confusion)

6pm drop for eligible deluxe guests only. Supposed to work whether you've tapped into the park or not but occasionally glitches and won't let you make it if you haven't tapped in.
The last time we were at Disney we tried to get the VQ for Guardians right at 6:00 while we were at MK and it wouldn't let us. We asked a cast member and they said you must be in the park for the 6:00 drop.

Based on my experience with it last thanksgiving, you need to be tapped into the Park for it to work. I tried to do it at Riviera and then even on the Skyliner and it wouldn't work until we got into the park.

The last time we were at Disney we tried to get the VQ for Guardians right at 6:00 while we were at MK and it wouldn't let us. We asked a cast member and they said you must be in the park for the 6:00 drop.
When I picked it up in August, it wouldn't let me select my group until we were all tapped in. But, others on the VQ thread were very clear that they had gotten it without being in park yet and that my experience was the outlier.

Maybe they've changed it since then to require you be tapped in for the 6pm?

Back in Dec, we started the day in Epcot, then headed to HS for the evening. Our son was able to get us after hours VQ slots for Guardian's while we were in HS. I don't know if being in Epcot earlier in the day had anything to do with that, but we definitely were in HS for the 6 PM drop.

Maybe it has changed and/or their rules for "Extended Hours" and "After Hours" are different. I guess the best thing to do is make sure I'm in the Park at 6pm for the VQ drop (just to make sure).

Since APH won’t need park res soon and can enter Epcot after 2 pm, assume no issue with anyone at deluxe trying for EH?

How competitive is the 6pm drop? Any recent experience? I know the 7am drop goes in milliseconds, is it the same for the extended hours?

How competitive is the 6pm drop? Any recent experience? I know the 7am drop goes in milliseconds, is it the same for the extended hours?
During my last trip, we had no problem with the 1 pm or 6 pm drop.

We are new to all of this, so looking for helpful info-
Do we need to be in the park at one also to try for the VQ? Does this apply to ANY VQ? We have a few nights planned at parks but none that we wanted to be at all day.
Thanks

We are new to all of this, so looking for helpful info-
Do we need to be in the park at one also to try for the VQ? Does this apply to ANY VQ? We have a few nights planned at parks but none that we wanted to be at all day.
Thanks

You have to be in the park for the 1 pm VQ. For the 6 pm VQ that applied to extra evening hours, you do not.

You have to be in the park for the 1 pm VQ. For the 6 pm VQ that applied to extra evening hours, you do not.
I arrive tomorrow and plan to do the EEH for Epcot tomorrow night. I’ll be at AK at 6p so just want to confirm with those who have been there recently, I do not need to be in the park (nor tapped in previously) to do the 6p VQ for Guardians?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter