How Exotic Can A Western (Cruise) Get?

As mentioned earlier, we were surprised by the caliber of food on the Legend in the Dining Room:thumbsup2since we only had Disney Wonder's to compare it to...not quite up to their standard; still edible/above average.

The servers who had not impressed us on the 1st night, def kicked it up a notch as the cruise progressed and kept us entertained. Jr. became part of the nightly show and learned several magic tricks from the assistant. Funny thing is, my son is very quiet & reserved; we were amazed as to his participation and enjoyment of the activities.:goodvibes

doing the macarena
[/IMG]
LegendCruiseC044.jpg

YMCA
LegendCruise117.jpg

LegendCruise112.jpg

A month! You made us wait a month!

Just kidding! Jr. looks like he is having fun! That is great.

stage shows def. left something to be desired:rolleyes1

cruise director during blues bros show
LegendCruise029.jpg

"classical" tunes on the piano (above the bar) in the atrium during cocktail/dinner hour
LegendCruise026.jpg

elevators
LegendCruiseC012.jpg

starting to lose track of the days:cool1: ; felt flu-ish last night. Figured it was just being worn out from all the activity in Belize, and that fact that i over indulged after dinner:rolleyes1 . Work up today feeling even worse. As I underdressed my bathing suit I discovered an angry looking bug bite low on my arm pit, evidently one of the sand fleas had gotten me after all. Put antibiotic on it and didn't give it another thought.

land-ho:banana: we luved Cozumel:dance3:
LegendCruise050.jpg

LegendCruise104.jpg

LegendCruise109.jpg

other ships in port
LegendCruise111.jpg

LegendCruise115.jpg

LegendCruise102.jpg
dock

sub tours
LegendCruise033.jpg

they pack the ships in tight, we were on the 'overflow/smaller pier' further south from main area...still more shops than you could want
LegendCruise095.jpg

check out the dude in construction work boots:confused3
ship next door
LegendCruise030.jpg

DH got to pick the excursion today, 1st time ever we did an all inclusive park your duff on the beach & get loaded:cool1: ; we'll be back!

Settled on Playa Mia, so much to do; we didn't...do it all
LegendCruise034.jpg

LegendCruise043.jpg

LegendCruise060.jpg

LegendCruise072.jpg

sun was shining, drinks weren't watered down:cloud9:
LegendCruise078.jpg

LegendCruise037.jpg

LegendCruise067.jpg

LegendCruise081.jpg
note DH is backed up on a beer & not 1/2 thru the one in his hand, the waiter hustled!
i will say the seats were had to get into and even harder to get back out of, especially after a few beverages lol

Lots of room, they only sell X number of passes & did i mention XX beer;) , wonder who bottles that?

rock climbing wall
LegendCruise062.jpg

we had a great lunch in giant tent, erected after hurricane swept away one of those nice thatched ones.

while eating, we could hear a weird sort of roar of the crowd...the party boat excursion was arrived for lunch!:scared1: We thought they'd be wild & crazy guys...nope, most so blasted they just slumped down in the 1st empty chair they found & slept:lmao:

LegendCruise076.jpg

Activities we participated in:

kayak - DS & DH

water trampoline & iceburg climbing

paddle boat, not as easy as it looks in open water/shore line...we went way out to reef
LegendCruise089.jpg

LegendCruise093.jpg

they had an underwater tour of miniature mexican icons; we skipped the snorkeling here-rocky beach in that area

Sadly, soon time to depart with group, would just book ourselves & stay longer; although I was woozy @ this point:confused3 and felt feverish.

Shopped a bit, then back on board; jonesing for ice cream

LegendCruise101.jpg

pullling away
LegendCruise097.jpg

LegendCruise099.jpg

LegendCruise098.jpg

When i changed my bathing suit I found that the bug bite was now the size of a baseball, hot & red...off to the ship's medical i go. So glad we bought trip insurance!!!!!!! Although we had to pay up front since we didn't buy Carnival's insurance, CSA reimbursed me within a month:goodvibes . I was diagnosed with a massive infection & given antibiotics (which they tried to charge me $700 for:sad2: )...i beached; they acquiesed & total bill came to approx $300. I'd like to think it was an honest mistake not an attempt @ a shakedown.:confused3 Came home & felt sick for a week; finally better. Dr. said you never know what sort of bug you'll run into in rain forest & what they may carry. Think it'll def be awhile before we return to visit one; glad it wasn't worse.:thumbsup2

Took it easy the last day, sunning on a rather blustery top deck:goodvibes

misc pics, thanks for reading!

DH after polishing off bottle of wine from RPH
LegendCruise134.jpg

gingy helped
LegendCruise132.jpg

last night, feeling bleeechy, i could've just slept in the cabin instead of doing dinner; glad i went - fun wrap up
LegendCruise124.jpg

LegendCruise125.jpg

LegendCruise127.jpg
just monkeying around!

Cozumel looks absolutley PERFECT!!! I can see why you wouldn't want to leave..... Those chairs on the beach LOOK comfy...I know you said pia to get out of, but once IN them, are they comfy??

I also noticed a lot "white & pink" people there.... :rolleyes1 while YOU look like a bronze goddess :goodvibes

Even I am eyeing up the climbing iceberg and water trampoline :rolleyes1 Too bad DCL doesn't have something like that....all the kids would really have a great time with something like that!!!

Looked like JR was having a ball....future in entertainment maybe :rolleyes1 Who'd thought your quiet little (NOT!) boy would love hammin' it up for the folks?!?!

Did you not have your beds pushed together on the ship? Doesn't look like 1 bed you are sittin' on? :confused3 (Then again, if i could have the bed to myself for just one night.... :scratchin )

Thanks for sharing your pix and your trip....love to live my adventures thru others......

Just think :idea: only 3 months to go till your NEXT trippie! :lmao:

What a vacation!

Loved the pic of your DH after the bottle of wine. :rotfl:

Gingy looked like he was having a good time too.

Who knows what gets into our kids. One minute, shy and won't talk to anyone... the next, life of the party. Looks like your DS had a wonderful trip too.

And the chairs? Yeah, I'm thinking anything that involved you getting up off the ground (because, basically, that's where you were) after a few drinks would be a challenge. At my age, I don't even need the drinks for it to be a challenge.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :goodvibes

Thoroughly enjoyed your TR ... makes me want to go on a cruise ... or at least be somewhere where I can sit on a beach and have a nice cold beverage!!

beach.gif

What a vacation!

Loved the pic of your DH after the bottle of wine. :rotfl:

Gingy looked like he was having a good time too.

Who knows what gets into our kids. One minute, shy and won't talk to anyone... the next, life of the party. Looks like your DS had a wonderful trip too.

And the chairs? Yeah, I'm thinking anything that involved you getting up off the ground (because, basically, that's where you were) after a few drinks would be a challenge. At my age, I don't even need the drinks for it to be a challenge.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :goodvibes
i'm sure i was scrambling sideways like a crab:rotfl:

Cozumel looks absolutley PERFECT!!! I can see why you wouldn't want to leave..... Those chairs on the beach LOOK comfy...I know you said pia to get out of, but once IN them, are they comfy??

I also noticed a lot "white & pink" people there.... :rolleyes1 while YOU look like a bronze goddess :goodvibes

Even I am eyeing up the climbing iceberg and water trampoline :rolleyes1 Too bad DCL doesn't have something like that....all the kids would really have a great time with something like that!!!

Looked like JR was having a ball....future in entertainment maybe :rolleyes1 Who'd thought your quiet little (NOT!) boy would love hammin' it up for the folks?!?!

Did you not have your beds pushed together on the ship? Doesn't look like 1 bed you are sittin' on? :confused3 (Then again, if i could have the bed to myself for just one night.... :scratchin )

Thanks for sharing your pix and your trip....love to live my adventures thru others......

Just think :idea: only 3 months to go till your NEXT trippie! :lmao:
note to self - take notes:thumbsup2 the 2 twin beds were pushed together, you just can't see it from all the luggage on it that I was packing

jr is quite the entertainer in a formal setting/chorus, band, etc.; just never figured him for doing the conga line thru the dining room. Of course, my oldest DSs are know for being the life of the party "think lampshade on head"...anything for a joke types.

bonny - it's looking pretty good to me about now:idea:

thanks to all who patiently waited for the end of story.:goodvibes

Janet it looks like it was a fabulous trip. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

I just wanted to say that you could be a twin for my aunt Linda. Lovely pics!!

thanks again...

hmmm....Aunt Linda's evil twin, separated @ birth:laughing:after awhile we old broads tend to look alike...all that wear & tear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter