How far do you tow your camper/ drive your RV.

We drive from the Toronto area. We take I-75 down, and spread it over three days (two young kids in tow); stop in Ohio the first night, and Georgia the second. We have a 2013 Coachmen Encounter.

We have a 24' TT and we leave on Friday from NH and get to Penn and stay at the River Beach CG. Up at 4:30am on Saturday and travel as far as South of the border. Then up again at 6:00am on Sunday and usually in to FW around 4:00pm. We set everything up when we arrive and rest on Monday. No parks until Tuesday. DW is a teacher and I get 5 weeks of vacation so when we do go to FW we are there for 18 days then we take 3 easier days to get home.

We are very blessed and pull our hybrid TT the long 10 miles to The Fort. That's as far as we have gone so far, hoping to head down to the keys next summer with it.

We are very blessed and pull our hybrid TT the long 10 miles to The Fort. That's as far as we have gone so far, hoping to head down to the keys next summer with it.

Only 10 miles? Stacey I hate you!

Ok not really I'm just jelly (jealous). :sad:

Bama Ed

PS - I wanna go back to the Keys too with my popup. We did Key West and stayed at Boyd's Campground in 2011 during spring break. Would love to go back....

I love reading about everyone's travels. We haven't made it the the Fort...yet. DH is leery about taking the pop-up. He doesn't think it would make it. Plus he wants to wait until we have something a little roomier. We do take it from the Eastern end of Long Island to Acadia National Park. We cheat a little bit in the beginning though. We go across the Long Island Sound to CT on the ferry. :goodvibes

Day one Friday afternoon leave B'ham to Dothan (316miles)
Day two Dothan to Disney (320 miles) arrive at 2:00 setup and do nothing until Sunday morning.

From Cedar Creek, Texas is 1150 miles, however our GPS sent us in the wrong direction going and coming. Therefore it became a 1200+ trip, it missed 2 turns.
Contrary to the votes in truck, I am not hard of hearing and did follow the directions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter