How far in advance can I make reservations for Special Events?

leebee

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to Disney in December, for our "christmas" celebration. I'd like to take him on one of the animal experiences at AK, either the one where you go see the hippos, or the elephants. These sell out VERY quickly, IME. How far in advance can I book these kinds of experiences?

Enchanting Extras are 60 days out (+10 if you're staying on property), just like dining reservations, although I know some of these experiences like the Nighttime Safari open at midnight EST versus 6 AM EST like dining does -- will have to let others chime in with accurate booking time for Caring for Giants and the Rhino one that I can't remember the name of.

FWIW I booked Caring for Giants for my family for Spring Break 2023 about 3 weeks into our 60 day window and was able to get the date and time we wanted for 4 people. If you know the exact date and time you want to do this experience, definitely better to book it as soon as you're able to (especially traveling during Christmas), but I don't think these tours are as much of a booking bloodbath as the dessert parties are.

Good luck, hope you get the tour you're interested in!

60+10 days out at midnight. I was finally able to book Up Close with Rhinos by staying up late to book it. I booked Wild Africa Trek closer to our date but still within probably 40 days. Caring for Giants seems to be open longer.

FWIW Up Close with Rhinos was incredible. Truly one of my favorite things we’ve done at Disney.

We did Caring for the Giants a few years ago in August. It was a last minute excursion for 3. We were able to book it that week.

60+10 days out at midnight. I was finally able to book Up Close with Rhinos by staying up late to book it. I booked Wild Africa Trek closer to our date but still within probably 40 days. Caring for Giants seems to be open longer.

FWIW Up Close with Rhinos was incredible. Truly one of my favorite things we’ve done at Disney.

This is so useful -- I was contemplating Up Close with Rhinos for a solo trip and looking through availability from now-April, it does look like this one books up quickly. Thank you!

For those who've booked either the elephants or rhinos, was there a lot of walking and how long was the tour? My mom wanted to do one of them and she uses a scooter (although walks community distances when at home). I just don't want to book one and she have a really hard time if its really long.

For those who've booked either the elephants or rhinos, was there a lot of walking and how long was the tour? My mom wanted to do one of them and she uses a scooter (although walks community distances when at home). I just don't want to book one and she have a really hard time if its really long.
In both cases, you walk backstage to a vehicle that will take you to the animal viewing area. I am really bad at estimating distance, maybe as long as a city block? Once you get to the animal viewing area, you park relatively close to the destination. I remember walking up stairs to the elephant viewing... but there was likely a ramp that I just didn't notice. If you read the "Know Before You Go" for each tour on the Disney website you will find some info about ECVs and wheelchairs.

This is so useful -- I was contemplating Up Close with Rhinos for a solo trip and looking through availability from now-April, it does look like this one books up quickly. Thank you!
I am going at the beginning of April. I can't believe the two days I am asking are totally booked. Wow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter