How far in advance to get the best flight deals??

I tried talking my daughter into changing our dates from Nov. 6th but then realized that 1) no food and wine and 2) it would put us over American Thanksgiving. Didn't seem worth it in the end. But that is an awesome price for direct flights! And the timing was good too. It is so hard to find flights that don't leave Orlando at 6:00 am. Ours on the 14th don't leave until 3:55 so YAY! :)

We are doing the Christmas Party on November 12. Are you doing one of those?

Do you guys search each individual airline or go through Expedia or ?? Is there a price difference
Thanks

I personally use the airlines website. Flying in winter I prefer a direct route out of Ottawa. Air Canada and WestJet both have direct flights. I figure it's safer that way. Once you're up in the air you know you're getting to your destination. Coming home (same thing) Ottawa knows how to deal with snow.

Yes we always fly direct if we can. Usually toss up between Syracuse or Ottawa.( I hate Toronto but if it’s cheaper like our flights in August to LA I’ll do it ) .I’ve has some good luck finding prices in Expedia lately that I can’t seen to find matching prices on airline websites?? Even $50 each adds up so quick..(5 of us) I try to ave whenever I can

I search Expedia and Flight hub to watch prices, but will often check airlines too in case it's cheaper or different flights offered.

I personally use the airlines website. Flying in winter I prefer a direct route out of Ottawa. Air Canada and WestJet both have direct flights. I figure it's safer that way. Once you're up in the air you know you're getting to your destination. Coming home (same thing) Ottawa knows how to deal with snow.

I can always find direct flights from Ottawa to Orlando, but I have never been able to find a direct flight back to Ottawa. Not sure why that is. I always end up having to stop somewhere.

What about waiting for a seat sale? Do you all find booking so much in advance better than waiting for a sale? We have never booked more than 8 months out (seat sale), wondering if there’s a better strategy.

It depends if your dates are flexible at all. I find that by the time there is a seat sale that includes my month of travel, flights in general have gone up, and/or the date I want to travel isn’t on sale. But my options are pretty limited because I fly out of a small airport. For example, I booked my flights for November at the beginning of April (7 months out). There was just recently the first seat sale with that airline (westjet) that included November dates. My actual travel dates are not on sale though, and more expensive then when I booked. Plus, I travel with small children, so like to avoid super early and super late flights. I’m looking for pretty specific flights. If you are in that situation, the earlier the better. My flights went up slightly from the time they were released to the time I booked.

Do you guys search each individual airline or go through Expedia or ?? Is there a price difference
Thanks
I actually use Kayak, it seems to be the most accurate and it gives me all the airlines and all the options. I find it super easy to navigate as well as to search for one particular airline if need be. You can also change the currency as well. So you can have it all in Canadian or change to American (as I just did because I had a Delta USD credit I could use!)

It depends if your dates are flexible at all. I find that by the time there is a seat sale that includes my month of travel, flights in general have gone up, and/or the date I want to travel isn’t on sale. But my options are pretty limited because I fly out of a small airport. For example, I booked my flights for November at the beginning of April (7 months out). There was just recently the first seat sale with that airline (westjet) that included November dates. My actual travel dates are not on sale though, and more expensive then when I booked. Plus, I travel with small children, so like to avoid super early and super late flights. I’m looking for pretty specific flights. If you are in that situation, the earlier the better. My flights went up slightly from the time they were released to the time I booked.

See the problem is with dvc you book 11 months out so dates Wont be overly flexible I can always add on I guess

I found Delta flights for a pretty good price from YHZ to MCO with connection in BOS.
But was going to ask opinions on Delta? Never flown with them before?

We had these same flights out of yhz. We really liked connecting in BOS. Coming home we just went to our connecting gate, no security drama or crowds. We paid $380 cdn at the beginning of February and I booked them in the fall.

I book a lot of travel for work and the sweet spot is 45-60 days - too early and there is no sense or urgency to sell and too late and they hike up the prices because there won't be much left - the exception to that is seat sales of course - happy travels@

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter