How have the latest cruises been?

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hey all....just wondering how the latest cruises have been regarding illness on the ships? It pretty much has been out of the news lately with everything else we seem to have to worry about......and are all the precautions still in place on the ships? Do the crew members still serve everyone? Is the drink station still closed or is it open for a limited amount of time....we are cruising on 5/10....were part of the cancelled 11/30 cruise....anyway...thanks all....
Tom

We sailed on the Wonder last weekend. Thankfully, serving procedures were back to normal and we didn't observe any illness. I think a lot of that was overblown media frenzy (ala the shark attack scare of a year or two back or the recent hoopla over child abductions, even though the numbers for either of those items weren't any higher than previous periods). I guess the newshounds have found something else to occupy their time now, so thankfully cruising can get back to normal. The new procedures were a real pain.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I sailed on the 4 day DVC Member Cruise Feb 2 and did not notice much different. Did not see nor hear of any ill passengers. The only change I saw was the availability and handing out of antibacterial wipes before and after meals. Everything else was status quo.

I was on the same Cruise as Carol. The drink stations are open, and you are served by the CM's.

They have little cards in the staterooms and bathrooms that detail hygiene practices.

It describes handwashing procedures and suggests when it's best to wash your hands, things like before and after eating, if you've touched your face, etc.

I didn't hear of any illness during the voyage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter