How is everyone’s Memorial Day weekend weather looking?

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
Meh, here with cool rainy Fri/Sat... Sunday/Monday better but still cool Sunday evening.

Enjoy your weekend wherever you are... will be thinking about all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this great land 🙏🇺🇸

Well I'll tell ya, 4077:

Me and my Better Half have put on 2700 miles in the last 11 days ending Sunday (about 1700 of that was towing). We're taking this week and into Memorial Day weekend off to recharge our batteries.

Specifically, though, the weather here will be high 80s and 30% chance of rain which is a typical forecast for that time of year.

On that holiday Sunday and Monday the activity will pick up due to daily life responsibilities and then it will be all downhill to the Pigeon Forge DISMeet. I have a cabinet door on the Aliner to rehab in the meantime. I'll probably do a pork shoulder in the big oval crock pot and dig into that for a couple days.

Bama Ed

PS - the SEC college baseball tournament starts tomorrow and ends on Sunday which is fun to pay attention to because the SEC has half of the top 10 teams in the country. Lots of player names I see come through Tuscaloosa in a weekend series end up in the Big League (sadly though, not many of ours). But I'll have Kentucky vs. Tennessee on in the background, for example, while I putz around the house this coming weekend.

We don't usually try to get camping spots for the major holidays. Places get a little too crazy and it seems the occasional campers that don't do it enough to learn basic camping etiquette are everywhere.

Weather is going to run the gamut here. Saturday looks to be starting in the upper 40s, with a high of 70. Monday will be in the upper 80s. I'll be home working on the house and the yard. I did pull the cover off the pool last night. Pump and chemicals are doing their thing. The water temp is a toasty 67. Not sure I want to burn enough gas to get it up to the low 80s, especially with lows in the 40s still.

j

I'm spending weekend home. Washing camper and packing everything in for Dismeet in Pigeon Forge.

NOAA saying low 90s for highs.

If I get camper ready, I might try to get this property bushhogged before I head out.

Weather forecast:
giphy.gif

We're taking easy and going to get some work done around the house before we're down at the Fort a few weeks later.

Nobody is talking about this weekend is Memorial Day. And then school is out for the summer! Oh wait here in Orlando not many love bugs but started to hear some cicadas. And lots of lizards everywhere. And weather channel is giving us daily hurricane prep reminders...
Be safe. Remember to count your blessings and be thankful for all the brave military and healthcare and teachers.
Happy Spring into Summer Days for all!

Last weekend: unseasonably hot, hit low 90s.

Memorial Day weekend when everybody and their mother wants to go down the shore...
Low 60s and rainy 😥

I have never been a big memorial day weekend camper. My last trip on the holiday was a test of patience and tolerance.

However, we leave in 2 weeks for an entire week of camping at the beach. It is the final stretch of school for all the ladies. There really is no feeling we need to go. The weekend is due to be cool, we might even go the whole weekend without needing the AC on in the house. On top of that I will use the weekend to clean and prep the RV for this and the following trip. Plus toss in some grilling and visiting if possible.

It is going to be HOT!!! We have a heat wave going and it is over 90. Thankfully the humidity is not horrible yet (hello July) so it is not as miserable but the sun will be baking you. It will be a great day to be by a pool if you like that kind of thing.

Our plans include a soccer game on Saturday. Cleaning the condo (i like to return from my trips to a clean condo), packing up the condo for the next phase of remodel and finally get packing for things to come to Pigeon Forge.

rainy and cool. Hope to have the motorhome back so we can load for, there was somewhere we are supposed to go....it will come to me.

We got some rain last night and expecting some this afternoon/evening (on Friday).

But then the weekend will be WONDERFUL here in TitleTown with 2% chance of rain and highs of 75/81/88F on Sat/Sun/Mon.

I love flag holidays and so I've already got mine out for this weekend.

Got some projects all weekend and won't be able to start the prep for the Pigeon Forge DISMeet until possibly Monday.

Bama Ed

This will be the last weekend we will be home for a while, so lots of things to do around here. Weather is going to be silly. It was in the 80s all week. Normal high is 81 this time of year. Big storms went through yesterday afternoon and the temp has been dropping ever since. It is 55 now and going into the 40s tonight.

Here is our weekend forecast. Not terrible... for early April.

j

We need rain really bad. It's now "officially" monsoon season. We'll see. There's a couple of counties west of us that are on water restrictions.

It’s raining here...a lot. Had made a last minute (month ago) reservation when one popped open here at Mystic KOA, Mystic CT. Had not originally planned on Memorial Day trip but found out no one had sports, so did it. Been beautiful 70’s and 80’s for couple weeks, rainy, raw and cold now here Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Yesterday was 80, blue sky and low humidity, so I pretended that I was packing up for a beautiful long weekend...). Begins to improve Monday and then back in the sunny 70’s and 80’s on Tuesday forward 🤨😖. The spot that opened up here was one with the patio with built in fire pit and furniture provided...unfortunately won’t get much use in this weather. Rain sounds nice for sleeping, but could have done without that and the barely into 50’s with 40’s at night for our stay. Got the board games... my hat off to all the tent campers that still set up this afternoon...

It will be 104 degrees here in Northern California on Monday!!! We are getting summer started early here! Hooray!

Today in the late afternoon we had our heavy rains again along with a tornado, straight winds, lots of thunder & lightning. I spent some time with Missy (dog) Belle (cat) with about 20 other people in our HEB store. It is still raining with high wind. The RV has rocked a little & doing it now. In our RV park a tree fell on a nice class A motor home. The fire dept. shows up to cut the tree down, since the people could not get out of their door. I heard no one was hurt, but not sure the damage on the Motor Home. We have had so much rain in 2 weeks or longer that the trees are up rooted. Two night ago, I was walking Missy and thought it was a limb in the street - nope it was a rattlesnake. Missy almost got hit - when I realized it was not a limb, pulled her away and that snake was in striking mode. The owner's sister-in-law dog was bitten by the snake later the next day (the german shepherd is doing OK) & their granddaughter almost walked on it. She killed it & threw it in the Colorado. This is the 3rd snake I have seen since we have been her 4 yrs. All this rain we have had is bring them out. Happy Memorial week-end & remember why we have this holiday. So this was so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter