How Long Did It Take To Get Your Passport? Poll

I was at the passport office in Surrey, BC and I was in and out in under an hour. Couldn't believe how short the line ups were-we heard we could be there most of the day. They said I would receive it in 10 business days plus delivery. I'll keep you posted.

Just got mine this morning July 11th! 13 days and there was a holiday one of those days!

I applied for my passport on a tuesday morning at the kitchener passport office and received it the following thursday by courier at my door. My DS I applied for his last tuesday as well and was given a courier date of the 14th of july but expect it sooner. I will keep you posted.

Steph

We applied for our passports 2 weeks ago and we were told something i find kind of interesting..our agent told us she had heard calling to check on your passports will/can actually slow down the process...she recommended us not to check on ours til the end of august :scared1: I dont know if this is true, but i dont know if i want to take any chances calling too early now....We need ours by sept 14th and she said we had nothing to worry about at all...this was only a receiving office, so it does stress me out....
DD(21)'s passport was dropped off at the Kingston receiving office on June 5 and mom (me) has been panicking ever since-I told her to wait in a line :rolleyes: , but it wasn't "convenient" for her. She talked to our MP's office on June 8 trying to calm me down (did I mention that I was panicked when she didn't stand in line?), who reassured her that they would look into it if it hadn't been dealt with by the end of July. I emailed Passport Canada asking: dates being opened, that tidbit about checking status actually delaying the process, and when I SHOULD start to panic on June 26 (3 weeks, no sleep, I HAD to have answers :cool2: ).

When they didn't call me back, I called them this past Monday (panic growing!) I was told: March/April (although I think that she actually meant April/May), it...depends...on whether a query would delay the process or not, but she didn't elaborate. She said that receiving office applications are usually a bit ahead of the "mail in", and she thought that they were in early June right now. She checked and informed me that she was surprised to see that DD's passport was already in the system and not to panic for another 2 weeks. And, I got my fingers slapped with an "I really should be talking to your daughter, you know."

Yesterday, I got the call back (from the email on June 26) that they would talk to DD (they did), and the responses were the same as Monday's discussion.
DD got hers in the mail today! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Aaaaaahhhhhh. NOW I can rest!:upsidedow

Did the application on-line. On July 3 went to the Winnipeg office where they fast-track the persons who completed the application on-line. 10 Minute wait, paid for the applications, then received the passports by registered mail July 13 (9 business days).

I applied for mine on the 18th of June at the Regina office. I was there less than 5 minutes, and had my passport it the mail by the end of the month.

I sent 2 applications in for my daughters.
It took 3 months to get them back. The surname is spelled wrong on one of them so I have to send it back! I was told it would take 3 weeks to have it corrected. Make sure to check the spellings of names when you get them back.

I wanted to change the surname on mine due to marriage but I can't. I can either use the passport until it expires and book my flights under my old name or I can apply for a new passport. I don't feel like paying the $$ and going through the hassle so I am using my old name on my flight. What a hassle!!!!

Sorry Forgot to post. From application date to date delivered at the door by courier 7 business days for my DS's passport.

Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter