How Long Did It Take To Get Your Passport? Poll

Last Thursday (April 12th) I went to the passport office in FRedericton, NB. Everything was ok'd and I paid the money for DS and I .

Passport office said the passports would be courried out April 26/07. Does this mean we are definitely getting them? Can the passports still be rejected ?

Thank you

Charleyann

I applied in September, before my trip in October, I got mine really fast. I know I didn't need it at the time, but I thank God that I did it then...I hate hearing the horror stories...My nephew's came just before their February trip.

my boyfriend is going to apply in person this Friday at the Windsor office. We are travelling in June, and we are leaving from Detriot, so he does not actually need one. We will have already crossed the boarder, and its a domestic flight. But his parents decided he should get one, in case they decide to hassle us. So hopefully everything comes on time. I applied for mine in early Dec, and got it in late Dec. So we'll see.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, and needing it ASAP

Do you have to go in person to the passport office to get your passport replaced? It would be easier if I could take Tim and Dan's (ages 19 and 22) applications to the passport office. Their passports expired last November and although they have no plans, I'd like to get them replaced for them but don't want to use the mail-in method.

Do you have to go in person to the passport office to get your passport replaced? It would be easier if I could take Tim and Dan's (ages 19 and 22) applications to the passport office. Their passports expired last November and although they have no plans, I'd like to get them replaced for them but don't want to use the mail-in method.

Yes, they need to go themselves because they are adults.

Applied in person for our daughters, DD8 and DD5 at the downtown office on April 10th and recieved them via Canada Post today (April 26th).

The wait at the office was well over 2 hours! I got ticket 100 and the e-board read 61.... :faint:

Applied Jan 24, through mail (courier), came April 2nd. Took 9 weeks and 5 days. Gotta love the lack of preparation by the Passport Office for the increase in demand!

Applied Jan 24, through mail (courier), came April 2nd. Took 9 weeks and 5 days. Gotta love the lack of preparation by the Passport Office for the increase in demand!

I applied together with my DS age 10 in person. I got my yesterday, which was two weeks to the day. My son's did not come. Is that normal? Are children done separately?

Thanks

Charleyann

Dh's passport arrived today! They told him mail-out date April 27 when he applied at the Kitchener office on April 12 and today is April 27! So 12 business days from start to finish. He filled out an online application.

Also, I found a FAQ on the Canada Passport website regarding submitting an immediate family member's application for them. You can with proper ID or signed authorization from them. http://www.pptc.gc.ca/help/faq.aspx?lang=e&id=165

First time we sent November 22 by mail and recieved back Jan 23. My husband had to resend because they did not accept his birth certificate. Mailes Jan 29 and today April 27) got his birth certificate back in the mail with a note passport to follow shortly! We will see:confused3

Mailed DD's & DS Feb 6, got only one of dd's yesterday, still waiting for two more.(Going on 3 months)
In person at passport office April 12 for myself and DH(because they were mailed back-forgot photo copy of drivers licence), got it yesterday April 30 with DD.

Mailed in ours January 28 and just received my Daughters today, we got ours 2 weeks ago. WDW here we come.:cool1:

DH and I did ours online but the kids had to be done on the forms from the post office (or where ever). Went to London, ON office. We waited 5 mins before we were seen and then it only took about 10 for the clerk to check/file everything and we were on our way. We were told to expect them May 10 but they arrived May 2. There were all kinds of people waiting but they hadn't done them online. That is the trick!! Also they are confident that the US government will be requiring passports for land crossing as of 01/01/08. We live in a border city and cross regularly and asked what US customs are being told (we know a person who works there) and they are being told that it is an absolute at this point. Though anything can change, the government changes its mind more than I do!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter