How Long Did It Take To Get Your Passport? Poll

Took DS' in March 5 to the office in Fredericton NB
Got the passport Wednesday.(March 28)

They told DH it would be here by March 30th so I think that's ok!:thumbsup2

My DH called yesterday (march 30th) to check on the girls applications and they were still working on the 17th of january:confused: . He says he got a very nice person on the line who told him that he's been telling all of his friend since september that, unless someone puts a gun to your head, DON'T MAIL IT IN....

Kazzy:hippie:

Date you Applied: Mar. 6th 2007

Method of Application: online application to the passport office. Which was a very quick line to an agent who was not at all frazzled.

Date Passport Arrived Back: Mar. 29th and I picked it up from the post office today.

Really makes the trip feel more real.

Applied @ Mississauga office : March 14
Wait: 2 hour 5 minutes
Recieved passport by expresspost: March 29
Total # of business days: 10
:thumbsup2 Great job Passport Canada!

Did anyone have trouble printing off their online application? I can't get the top and bottom margins settings to stay at what they want, mine keep changing slightly when I click "ok" and therefore the line at the bottom of the first page doesn't show in the print preview. Instead of .1 at the top it changes to .118 and instead of 0 at the bottom, it changes to .198. My left margin also changes from .25 to .253 but still looks ok. I'm not sure how this affects the other pages, since they only give the first page example. DH is going to try on his printer at work. I have a Canon i560 at home. :confused3

Applied @ Mississauga office : March 14
Wait: 2 hour 5 minutes
Recieved passport by expresspost: March 29
Total # of business days: 10
:thumbsup2 Great job Passport Canada!

Wow, that was quick. I am going to Whitby to apply next week.

Do you first pick up the application from the local post office, fill it out, and then take this application with you (along with passport photos) to the passport office?

Sorry for my ignorance, but in the past I have alwayd just mailed it in, but since I may be going to Mexico this summer, I need it quicker then the mail in method.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Wow, that was quick. I am going to Whitby to apply next week.

Do you first pick up the application from the local post office, fill it out, and then take this application with you (along with passport photos) to the passport office?

Sorry for my ignorance, but in the past I have alwayd just mailed it in, but since I may be going to Mexico this summer, I need it quicker then the mail in method.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

If you are doing passport applications for people over 16.... they recommend you do it online and print it off... this way all the info will be recieved before you get there, except your guaranteer's signiture, which is why you have to print it out, get it signed and take it in. You only wait up to 10 minutes depending on the time of day you go.
If you have kids, then it must be done in person, hence the longer wait as they look over all your info. Go to post office... fill out appilication, get it signed and go to the Passport office.
Good Luck...
PS... they say Wednesday & Thursdays are the slow days!

If you are doing passport applications for people over 16.... they recommend you do it online and print it off... this way all the info will be recieved before you get there, except your guaranteer's signiture, which is why you have to print it out, get it signed and take it in. You only wait up to 10 minutes depending on the time of day you go.
If you have kids, then it must be done in person, hence the longer wait as they look over all your info. Go to post office... fill out appilication, get it signed and go to the Passport office.
Good Luck...
PS... they say Wednesday & Thursdays are the slow days!

Thanks for the info.

I sent ours Jan 29th.

I recieved them this week sometime.

They were denied because I didn't send the right ID.

But that means they have opened ones that were sent Jan 29!

Now I am going to do them online and take them into the office personally.

We just got our sons today. We sent it through Service Canada Jan 26 in Newfoundland. What a relief......

Sent mine and DH Feb 6, by snail mail, came back today declined because we were missing one document.:sad2: DD & DS nothing yet. :confused3 Going to passport office tomorrow.

Here is my story. MY DH & I applied via snail mail on Janaury 31. At that time the wait time by mail was 40 days, and Passport Canada was telling people to mail in applications to reduce line-ups at service centres. So, on that advice, we mailed our applications, which we completed on-line along with all required documentation & photos.

I keep checking our credit card and e-pass - nothing yet. We are supposed to be leaving for Disneyland on May 7 to meet grandkids and their parents. We thought we had plenty of time, but now are very worried the passports won't come by May 7.

Does anyone have any updated information about the timelines for processing mailed applications, or has anyone who mailed their passport applications in late January received them yet? I know Passport Canada website says 10 weeks now, but does that mean from the time they open your application or from the time it is received in their office?

Does anyone have any updated information about the timelines for processing mailed applications, or has anyone who mailed their passport applications in late January received them yet? I know Passport Canada website says 10 weeks now, but does that mean from the time they open your application or from the time it is received in their office?

We sent ours in Jan 29th. We got them back 2 weeks ago. They were rejected though. (my fault)
So if yours is getting processed, it may take a little longer maybe??

Applied: March 13, in person, Hamilton Passport Office
Received: April 05, Registered mail to Owen Sound

I was in the passport office for 45 minutes (Tuesday afternoon).

DH called this morning to check on the girls' application. we sent the the last week of January and they're still not in the system:eek: They said they are working on the ones received january 19th:headache:

Oh well August is still 4 months away....

Kazzy:hippie:

Thanks for the update Kazzy. Did the person at Passport Canada that your DH spoke with happen to mention when they thought the applications sent the last week in January would be processed? Any kind of timeline?

He could tell me anything, but I know someone who sent his by mail around the 14 of January and he got it last week, so lets keep hope alive....

Date applied: Jan 24/07
Date mailed to me: Feb 7/07

Applied at the Windsor office in person. Waited in line before the office opened for 1.25 hours and then waited after it opened for another 2 hours....killer. But we did the Disney cruise for March break so we had to have them.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to track a snail mail application if you have completed the on-line application with barcode? Sent ours snail mail January 31. If I phone the 1-800 number with barcode and other info, is it possible they can tell me where it is in the system?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter