How Long Did It Take To Get Your Passport? Poll

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to track a snail mail application if you have completed the on-line application with barcode? Sent ours snail mail January 31. If I phone the 1-800 number with barcode and other info, is it possible they can tell me where it is in the system?
Yesterday 06:12 PM

I believe you can track any application. Basically, all they will tell you is if your application has been received and is processed. Otherwise you will get a message stating your application is not on their record.

As for me....

We finally have all our passports!!! :banana: This has been an ongoing saga since September so let me tell you..... BIG relief in this household!

went back in person to Hull, Quebec on March 22. Was told we would only receive them April 23 (5 days after we leave) unless we chose to pay extra for the speedy service which would have meant I'd have to go back to pick them up. Opted out of that since Hull is far enough. Told them to mail them anyways and we'd see.

They arrived today! We leave next tuesday.

I think we'd have been ok regardless because we are driving there and flying domestic but..... now I don't have anything to worry about anymore!

DW called today and got through:woohoo: The lady at the other end of the phone said they just started working on Jan 19th(day they received ours) applications and to call back Monday to find out if ours has been processed. Too bad we've already gone and came back 3 weeks ago. :rolleyes1

I went to the passport office today in Windsor.Got there at 8:45 am and left by 9:30 am. Only 45 min wait.:thumbsup2 They said it would take 4 weeks before I get mine.DO NOT mail them because I did that Feb 6 and got mine and DH's rejected last week. The passport office in Ottawa told another guy that I was talking to, that they were working on Jan 19 applications, but how can that be when I sent mine in Feb 6 and already got it back rejected?:confused3

I went to the passport office today in Windsor.Got there at 8:45 am and left by 9:30 am. Only 45 min wait.:thumbsup2 They said it would take 4 weeks before I get mine.DO NOT mail them because I did that Feb 6 and got mine and DH's rejected last week. The passport office in Ottawa told another guy that I was talking to, that they were working on Jan 19 applications, but how can that be when I sent mine in Feb 6 and already got it back rejected?:confused3

Bibbie, applications have to go through a "screening" before they are actually processed. It's during that screening that most get rejected. I sent ours on Jan. 25, got DH's and mine back, rejected, a couple of weeks ago.

O.K. Thanks. I didn't know what was going on.So my DDX2 and DS will probably be processed soon(I hope) I'm waiting to see my Visa bill to see if they took the money out.popcorn::

Today I went to the passport office in Fredericton. I waited just 25 minutes!:woohoo: I paid my fees and they told me I would receive them in 2 weeks/ first week in May and they would be couried.

So, does that mean my passports are clear and a definite? Can they still be rejected after making it past the passport office?

Thanks

Charleyann

Dh went to the Kitchener Passport office on April 12, arriving about 8:22am. He said the pre-screening room was open and was already full, spilling out into the hall. He figured there were about 50 people ahead of him and grew way down the hall behind him as they waited. From 8:45 when they started, it took him about 20 minutes to get to the desk where his online form and documents were checked, and he was given number C013. He had barely sat down when his number was called. All told he said it took him 32 minutes.

He was given a slip with the mail-out date of April 27. I'm not sure and he didn't think to ask....will his passport be arriving at our home via registered mail? He thought he had to go down to pick it up, as he has done in the past. He said he saw lots of people picking up passports but I imagine you have to request that? He was never asked.

They told me at the passport office that mine would be delivered to my house.They didn't ask me if I wanted to pick it up at the office either.

Any tips on getting through to the passport office. I've been trying the 800 number all day. Usually I get a busy signal, but whenever I do get through I get a message that says all the agents are busy and the system cannot accept anymore calls to wait for the agents!

I am so frustrated.

I took my dd and ds in on March 13. We received dd's passport on April 2nd -- less than 3 weeks.

Ds's still has not arrived! The mail out date was supposed to be April 3rd.

So does anyone have any advice on how to get through to an agent to see where this passport is?

Thanks!

I decided to go through our MP's office since we are 2 hours away from a passport office (nearest is in Montreal)

We gave applications to MP on February 13th

We received all 4 passports in the mail on April 12th

That one good thing off my mind! To all those still waiting: good luck and do not despair, the waiting is the toughest part.

Went to the passport office in St. John's today. Waited for about 1hour. Not sure when they will come in the mail, didn't ask because we aren't leaving until Sept so I figured we should have them by August....LOL

I see the light at the end of the tunnel:cool1:

DH called the passport office this morning. We sent the applications for the girls the last week of January, they told him this morning that they have been sent to printing and we should be getting them next week.:banana:

Kazzy:hippie:

Any tips on getting through to the passport office. I've been trying the 800 number all day. Usually I get a busy signal, but whenever I do get through I get a message that says all the agents are busy and the system cannot accept anymore calls to wait for the agents!

I am so frustrated.

I took my dd and ds in on March 13. We received dd's passport on April 2nd -- less than 3 weeks.

Ds's still has not arrived! The mail out date was supposed to be April 3rd.

So does anyone have any advice on how to get through to an agent to see where this passport is?

Thanks!

When you call press "2" for lost or stolen passport. It goes to the same agents as pressing "1". Every time i did this it was after not being able to get through by pressing "1", got put on hold each time, and had to wait almost an hour after that to talk to someone. At least I got through though. I tried that first thing in the morning. Good Luck

from the Post office.
We mailed them the first week of January.
Arrived yesterday at the post office.
Total time: 14.5 weeks.
Ridiculous.
Fortunately, we aren't leaving until September. lol

-Mailed mine Jan 16/07. Rec'd at Passport Canada Jan 17/07
-Rec'd via Mail back to me April 17/07
-Three full calendar months!
-Totally agree RIDICULOUS!!!!
-Typical Government taking advantage of the situation:confused3

Applied by mail for two passports, one on January 19th and one February 2. The January application just started processing this week. The February application has not been processed. I was told by PC on Tuesday April 17th that they were processing applications received January 22nd. We are now looking at 14-16 weeks for Canadian mail in applications.

I contacted CBP @ Halifax Airport. They are willing to allow travel for those who supply proof that they applied weeks ago. They require proper ID and proof that a passport has been applied for such as emails from PC. You will also need a Itinerary. When I called I had to give them my flight # date and time and traveler names and birth dates.

Question
Do I need a passport to travel within the Western Hemisphere?

Answer
In April 2005, the Departments of State (DOS) and Homeland Security (DHS) announced a plan to be implemented in stages beginning on December 31, 2005 for the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. All persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by AIR between the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda are required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document. U.S. Legal Permanent Residents are only required to present their green cards for departure and re-admission, but most other countries will not admit you without a passport from your country of citizenship. Consequently, airlines will not allow LPR's to board without a passport in hand. Refugees and asylees may use the U.S. travel document in lieu of a passport from their country of citizenship.

Although the requirement is now in effect for all international air travelers to have a passport for travel into and out of the U.S., we are aware that some travelers have not been able to obtain passports because of delayed processing times in both Canada and the U.S. CBP has informed airlines that travelers with sufficient documentation to provide evidence of a good faith effort to obtain a passport in a timely fashion, (i.e. a receipt from an issuing agency) can be brought to the U.S. from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda, where we will determine their admissibility on a case by case basis. Only travelers who have made an effort to obtain passports in a timely fashion should contact airlines about being allowed to board under these guidelines. Travelers who have been negligent in obtaining required documents should not expect to be accomodated. Travelers to and from other destinations previously requiring a passport for travel are not eligible for this accomodation.

Domestic travel within the U.S. does not require the presentation of a passport. In particular, Canadian citizens may travel by land to the U.S. then fly to other domestic U.S. locations without a passport.

As of January, 2008, all persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.
For further information on the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative please visit the Department of State

Ohhhhhh I don't know. I for one would NOT trust that!
I know they are indeed, for a fact, turning people back that have appiled but are not in receipt of their Passports. Happened to a Client of mine one week ago. They were 4 adults, 2 Children ages 5 and 2. Kids Passports HAS been applied for and were promised to be mailed back April 2nd. Long story short, they were not. They went to the A/P and took a chance. NO GO! Sent back, out of pocket on the air and had to lay the cash out with Southwest via Buffalo for flts later that day to Orlando. AND this family was heading to Disney on short notice as the Grandmother is dying and her prognosis not at all favourable. No Sympathy or allowance offered.:confused3

Our passport applications were received Jan 19th. DW and myself mailed them in same courier envelope. I received my passport April 17th. DW got through to pp office yesterday and was told hers was printed and should be mailed today or Monday. I just thought it was kinda odd for the big gap between hers and mine . But I guess I shouldn't be surprised:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter