How long of wait for Flight of Passage WITH a FP?

Agree with those who say 51 minutes would be reasonable guess for scanning band to getting off ride at Xmas week. But not a 51 minute “wait”. Way too high unless mechanical issue.

On a day TP had listed as 8 out of 10 last week, took us about 25-30 minutes from tapping to exiting.

When the ride gets delayed you will get the additional time/scene in the one pre-show. It isn't actually affected by what people do or don't do within the room (I don't normally move around and often stand to the side if there is someone younger behind me so that they can see).

There are 2 preshow rooms/videos to go through. I'm not certain as to the length of each but from personal experience and others posted on here, 30-45 minutes seems to be a norm for total time from scanning FP to getting off the ride (unless there's a mechanical delay).

Right. The pre-show is actually very clever and can take extra time to do the scans and such if there is an issue with the loading of the actual ride or whatever. It really isn't affected by those in the pre-show room not following the instructions.

I’ve never had to wait more than 15 minutes with a fast pass and it’s even faster if you’re a single rider.

It will depend on how long the standby line is, and during Christmas week, it will likely be long. We rode it in October which is moderately busy. It took us roughly 15 minutes to get from entering the FP queue to entering the first pre-show room. Between the two pre-show rooms, probably another 15 minutes. So by the time we were done, about 30-40 minutes in total. But like PPs have mentioned, you're not standing in a queue during that time. The pre-shows break that up.

And honestly, even if it is 51 minutes, its worth it if you haven't ridden it yet.

It will depend on how long the standby line is, and during Christmas week, it will likely be long. We rode it in October which is moderately busy. It took us roughly 15 minutes to get from entering the FP queue to entering the first pre-show room. Between the two pre-show rooms, probably another 15 minutes. So by the time we were done, about 30-40 minutes in total. But like PPs have mentioned, you're not standing in a queue during that time. The pre-shows break that up.

And honestly, even if it is 51 minutes, its worth it if you haven't ridden it yet.

I agree. The moves quickly. Although if you are up against a deadline it can be stressful. It seems to me that on the really busy weeks, the CMs try to move the FP line.

Rode it the day before Thanksgiving at 5pm with FP. 23 minutes from the time I scanned my Magicband to the time I exited the gift shop.

I'm not sure crowds influence throughput since the timing is the timing...just the standby wait. I'd expect around a half hour is reasonable to expect.

We have a similar not wait more than 20 minutes rule for standby lines. Not so much for FP lines. However, FOP is absolutely worth an exception to the limit-on-waiting rule. If I'm not mistaking, the FP system only allows so many per hour, so it shouldn't matter the crowd level. If the FP+ for FOP is programmed to handle 500 per hour, during a crowded time of year it is simply going to be more impossible to get a FP for it. Our last trip, there was a technical error in one of the pods that caused a wait. We were there on a FP. It was a 20 minute wait. The ride is about 6 minutes, and each of the preshow rooms last the duration of the ride. So about 25 minutes total once in the first pre-show when you account for the time allotted to shuffle guests from one room to the next in between each 6 minute show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter