How long to walk from DL to DCA for character greet?

CJDrew's Mom

Earning My Ears
I've never been to DL before, so I have no sense of the size of the park. How long would it take to walk from Fantasyland to DCA (with a 6 year old and preschooler in a stroller)? We were thinking of doing our early entry at DL, which would be at 8:00, and then hopping over to the character greet at Ariel's Grotto when DCA opens at 10 and hitting some of the rides there. From the comments on the board, I get the sense that things are much more compact than at WDW, but I don't know if it would be reasonable to attempt that. Also, I don't know if that character greet is a madhouse or what characters are there. Thoughts?

CJDrew's Mom :earsgirl:

I would say make it over to CA and stay there and do that park unitl you're ready to go back to DL. Fantasyland is kind of toward the middle of DL and Ariel's Grotto is kind of in the middle of CA. From What I've read the distance is nothing compared to WDW.

From Dumbo to the DL Gate about 10 min. From the DL gates to DCA Gates <5min. From DCA gates to Airel's Grotto about 10 mins. Now of course you will have a line to get into DCA. I would give yourself 30 mins from the time you leave Fantasyland (Dumbo) until you are in line for the character greeting.

When you talk about character greet at Ariel's Grotto, what exactly are you talking about?

There is an Ariel's Grotto restaurant at DCA that has a Captain Mickey's character lunch and character dinner during peak times.

There is an Ariel's Grotto in Disneyland, between the entrances to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, where Ariel sits and you can take your pic w/her & get her autograph. Often times other princesses go there at the same time, so you can meet Ariel, and Belle & Beast, Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella - sometimes one and sometimes more.

Mary Jo. There is a new Disney Visa perk which includes a "private" Meet 'n Greet and photo. It has been said to be at Airels Grotto during the first 90 mins after the park opens.

Hmm. Now I am confused. I thought that Ariel's Grotto was at DCA, but now it seems that there are two Ariel's Grottos. Anyone know for sure which one has the Disney Visa character greet?

Also, thanks for all of the helpful responses!

CJDrew's Mom :earsgirl:

CJDrew's Mom said:
Anyone know for sure which one has the Disney Visa character greet?
It is at DCA. Place, Time and Characters subject to change (of course) but for now, as from what I have heard, it is at Airels Grotto (in DCA)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter