How long would it take to get to Hong Kong proper from Hong Kong Disneyland

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
My daughter and I will be staying at the Hong Kong Disneyland resort. We arrive Tuesday May 13th and will leave Thursday May 15th. We are flying in from Beijing.
I am trying to fit in a trip to Hong Kong and I am not sure of the travel time. I am wondering if we get to the airport in Hong Kong Tuesday afternoon, could we take the train or a taxi to Hong Kong, tour around some and then head over to the Disneyland resort.
Or should we go right over to Disneyland tour the park Tuesday, tour Hong Kong on Wednesday and finish up the park on Thursday before heading back to Beijing?
Any suggestions?

It depends which and how many attractions you want to visit in Hong Kong.

HK Disney is closer to airport. I would suggest to drop down your bags and check in at the Disney hotel first. Then, you can catch the train to go to Kowloon or Hong Kong Island for some sight seeing, have dinner and do some shopping before getting the train back to Disney Hotel.
Travel time from Disney to Kowloon is about half hour, to Hong Kong Island side is 45 minutes.

I would save the whole day of Wednesday for Disney.

Thursday, you can do more Disney, if necessary, or go for more sight-seeing in town.

It depends which and how many attractions you want to visit in Hong Kong.

HK Disney is closer to airport. I would suggest to drop down your bags and check in at the Disney hotel first. Then, you can catch the train to go to Kowloon or Hong Kong Island for some sight seeing, have dinner and do some shopping before getting the train back to Disney Hotel.
Travel time from Disney to Kowloon is about half hour, to Hong Kong Island side is 45 minutes.

I would save the whole day of Wednesday for Disney.

Thursday, you can do more Disney, if necessary, or go for more sight-seeing in town.

Thank you going to Hong Kong first sounds like a good plan, we can sight see a bit and then head back over to Disney. Wednesday tour Disneyland and then we can get a later flight back to Beijing on Thursday and either go to the park or head back over to Hong Kong. I am even thinking of flying into Hong Kong Monday night, and stay at a hotel in Hong Kong. I just have no idea where to stay.

Thank you going to Hong Kong first sounds like a good plan, we can sight see a bit and then head back over to Disney. Wednesday tour Disneyland and then we can get a later flight back to Beijing on Thursday and either go to the park or head back over to Hong Kong. I am even thinking of flying into Hong Kong Monday night, and stay at a hotel in Hong Kong. I just have no idea where to stay.

It depends on what you want to see in Hong Kong; and the time that you will arrive on Monday night.

If the intention is to experience some of the night markets and you get in early enough, work out which market/area you want to see and work out the accommodation from there.

If the intention is to settle in so that you can have a full day on Tuesday, then you could just stay at the Disney hotel. If this is the case, you might as well stay an extra night and not have to worry about changing hotels.

If you want to see sights in Central or Kowloon, I would stay in either location if you fly in early, see sights in those areas, then do two days in the DL Resort area. One day could be Disney and one could be Ngong Ping/Giant Buddha.

My experience is that hotels in Central are less expensive and less luxurious than those in Kowloon so let your budget and hotel expectations be your guide there. However, it is easy enough to see the main sights from either location.

:thumbsup2

I think I am going to have to research a bit to see what we will want to do in Hong Kong. I know we will want to see the markets and the giant Buddha of course.
I will check out some of the trip reports for further info for myself

I think I am going to have to research a bit to see what we will want to do in Hong Kong. I know we will want to see the markets and the giant Buddha of course.
I will check out some of the trip reports for further info for myself

Not sure if you're aware, but the Giant Buddha is actually very close to Disneyland and the airport.

Not sure if you're aware, but the Giant Buddha is actually very close to Disneyland and the airport.

I was not until last night when i started to read some trip reports. I also found information regarding the train so it looks like a pretty simple train ride from Disneyland.

Your trip report is amazing. I have made a word document for my trip by copying and pasting info from your report.

My job here is done. :thumbsup2

:scratchin Now.....if only the information is correct. :rotfl:

Have a great time in China and HK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter