How many pairs of twins do you know?

My grandfather was a twin, but his sister died as a toddler, so I never knew her.
I went to high school with three sets of twins. Only friends with one and could only tell him apart from his brother by the rim color of his glasses.
Babysat fraternal boys in high school.
Babysat identical girls in college.
My sister adopted boy/girl twins.
My best friend adopted identical boys.
My cousin has fraternal girls.
Guy friend in college has a twin sister, but she did not attend college, so I've only met her once over the years. Still friends with him since he married one of my friends. His best friend and the guy I dated in college married and had identical boys.
My dentist is n identical twin and I found out when I saw him sitting in the waiting room chatting with the staff. When he went back for his appointment, I asked and they explained it wasn't my dentist, but his brother! Freaky!

I went to school with a set of twins, I worked with one half of a set of twins and the other half worked at a nearby location so we saw him a lot too, one of my former managers was a twin, and I currently work with two sisters that are part of a triplet and another lady who's half of a twin.

My grandmother’s siblings are boy/girl twins, my cousins are identical twins girls(my Aunt is not the blood relative) and dh and I have boy/girl twins. (All were conceived naturally.-I ALWAYS got that question from strangers. I was also always asked if my very clearly dressed boy/girl twins were identical. 😂) Off-hand, I know at least 6 other sets that my kids go to school with.

I’m curious as to what other people’s doctors told them regarding twins. Mine said fraternal twins are hereditary and are from a woman’s predisposition to release more than one egg at a time. He then said identical twins are more a fluke of nature, but when a particular woman’s body THINKS it’s supposed to split the fertilized egg, that increases the chances of that happening for that particular woman again.
And none of that “skips a generation” thing that people say. It was my great-grandmother who had twins and then me. But either of my daughter’s could possibly have the predisposition to release multiple eggs. Just curious.

Mom of 13 year old twins here... I’ve met a few other sets through play groups and I work with a woman who also has 13 years old twins, but I don’t really KNOW the twins themselve.
Hi; you must have an interesting life with twins... :)

(A while ago I knew a family with twins, but not recently...)

A lot, lol. I'm a twin (girl/girl), my dad is a twin (boy/girl), my great grandmother was a twin (girl/boy), my sister in laws are twins (girl/girl), my nephews are twins (boy/boy)...

My grandmother’s siblings are boy/girl twins, my cousins are identical twins girls(my Aunt is not the blood relative) and dh and I have boy/girl twins. (All were conceived naturally.-I ALWAYS got that question from strangers. I was also always asked if my very clearly dressed boy/girl twins were identical. 😂) Off-hand, I know at least 6 other sets that my kids go to school with.

I’m curious as to what other people’s doctors told them regarding twins. Mine said fraternal twins are hereditary and are from a woman’s predisposition to release more than one egg at a time. He then said identical twins are more a fluke of nature, but when a particular woman’s body THINKS it’s supposed to split the fertilized egg, that increases the chances of that happening for that particular woman again.
And none of that “skips a generation” thing that people say. It was my great-grandmother who had twins and then me. But either of my daughter’s could possibly have the predisposition to release multiple eggs. Just curious.
Yes, that’s how it works. My daughters have a greater chance of having twins, my sons do not, but my sons’ daughters will.

I can easily think of 6 pairs-one of my dear friends is a twin, two dads in my son's class are twins, twins in my son's class (not related to either set of dad twins), my daughter had twins in her class for several years, and my DH's has cousins who are twins. All but one of the twin sets are male, which is interesting to me. I also went to school with a few sets of twins but am no longer in contact with any of them

I'm homeschooling kindergarten for my friend's twins (boy/girl) this year.
Their dad is also a twin (identical).
I have twin uncles (fraternal).
A girl I went to college with was a twin, but her sister went somewhere else, so I didn't really know both of them.
My neighbor has teenage twins (fraternal boys).
There were two sets (boy/girl and fraternal girls) in DS's playgroup when he was little,
and at least seven sets I can think of from school when I used to sub - four in DS's grade alone!
----------

My husband says that twins are like cars. You buy a new car and then you start to notice that car on the road, they are everywhere. As soon as we knew that we were having twins, we noticed them all the time.

I was in a mother’s of multiples group when my boys were little and I work with kids. I know more twins than I can possibly count.

My first day of first grade I met the first twins. Terri was born at 11:55 on New Years Eve. Mom was still having contractions and they realized there was another baby. Sherri was born at 12:02 on New Years Day. She was the surprise of the year.

As a teacher I've had several set of twins, a handful of triplets, and 2 sets of quads. Both sets of quads were conceived naturally and both were 2 girl/2 boy and each were identical. One set of triplets also had two identical twins and then the third so opposite from his brothers his nickname was "Sheep". He was the only one with black hair. He was also the sweetest of the 3.

Maybe 6, mostly all from my childhood, two of them in my husband's family. I don't know any triplets, but I do know one set of quadruplets (my childhood friend's kids)

I have twin brothers and my Dad had twin brothers
When pregnant I was high risk for twins as it came from both sides of the family
I did not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter