• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many times have you had COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
0 for me. 1 for DW (April 2022) and DD (Last Week). Both DS and I have managed to avoid it. We're all vaxed and boosted with Pfizer. Makes no sense.

Once - May 2022. Outbreak in my classroom; 10 of us total got it. I managed not to spread it to my family. Very mild case (2 days of easy symptoms).

1...brought it home from WDW 2 weeks ago. I thought it was a bad summer cold, was surprised that we tested positive

Me, ZERO - never even been tested, haven't had any symptoms to even make me suspect I might have had it.

DD8 had it once but asymptomatic - we only knew that because she had strep throat and got tested when we took her in for that.

DD17 never had it - has been tested a couple of times as a requirement for different activities but never had a positive test.

DS19 had it once - got it when he returned to his dorm after winter break. One roommate came back with it - that did it.

DW LIKELY had it in Jan 2020 - BEFORE the pandemic, but not since. It was a really horrible respiratory thing that they could not diagnose. She ended up with Pneumonia.

No one is our house has had it (that we know of) the last time I remember any of us being sick was Jan 2020.

1.....just getting over it now. Only symptom was fatigue. DH also is getting over it. He felt like he had the flu and is still coughing.
We're both vaccinated and double boosted.

DS. DDIL, DD and both grand kids had it in April.

DH and I have never had it. We are vaxxed and double boosted.
DD hasn’t had it (lives in Canada)
DS and DDIL had it in February 2020, diagnosed by the damage to their lungs. DS ended up on a vent.
DS the younger had it in January. Missed 3 weeks of work despite being vaxxed, but not boosted.

Once - May, 2022. Picked it up sitting in the Key West airport.
Husband caught it from me.

Both of my sons have had it multiple times. Both live in a college town with football games and lots of bars.

Once... I have it now, got it in Disney last week :-(

Vaxxed and boosted with Pfizer

None. No one in my house. Knock on wood.

Lots of people at work have had it but I have been lucky so far.

None. In my job we had to get tested every month, even the antibody test was negative everytime untill I got vaxxed in august 2021 with Sputnik-V, then Janssen and a Pfizer booster this year.

Three times in my household, stayed home with them and haven't got it.
My parents: feb 2021
Lil sisters: apr 2021
My whole family & a friend: jan 2022 (in the parks)

Just got my first positive COVID test yesterday. Husband tested positive Tuesday for the first time. DD17 also tested positive for COVID for the first time this week. We were all in New York City over the weekend.

DD14 so far is fine. She tested positive once in Dec 2021.

No one in my household yet. Everybody vaxxed and boosted. Knocking on wood too. Pretty amazing since DD and I are both teachers and were in-person @ school for the last two years. Both of us had several students who tested positive throughout that time. DS's work has had a flurry of positives this summer, but they're masking at work so hopefully the infections aren't happening there.

Never. That we are aware of at least. Family of four with a critical care NP who could never work from home.

A LOT. And I mean a lot of our friends and family, who are very COVID cautious and pro-vaccination, are getting for the first time now though.

I’ve had it twice. I would have never really known that I had it unless I tested. I thought it was allergies or a cold.

Zero - nobody in my immediate household has had it. DH and I have been tested so darned many times over the years - for work, for travel and sometimes just when we were feeling "off" and felt like we were doomed. Hoping we never do get it as transmitting it to someone weaker is a huge dread of mine. :scared: We're vaxxed and boosted and will get our next booster as soon as we are eligible. I heard the term will no longer be "fully vaccinated" but will now become "vaccinated up to date" as it is expected we will continue to require additional doses into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter