How much food do you have in your house?

Fridge full of fresh veg and dairy, chest freezer full of meat and such, pantry with lots of noodles and tuna.

I'm planning on trying out our bread machine tomorrow.

I asked DD if they stockpiled and how long they could last under quarantine. She said, maybe 24 hours. I'm like what?!? DD says, if they are quarantined, she'd be so stressed...it would all be gone by the next day! 😳🤣

Enough non-perishables and frozen foods for at least a month, maybe longer, but the last week may require some creativity to make a palatable meal. As for refrigerated foods, there's plenty of block and shredded cheese/yogurt, etc. with a code of mid-April or later. I bought an 18-pack of eggs last night. Enough milk for perhaps a week.

The REAL panic buying in my area didn't start until yesterday. For the past 2 or 3 weeks, yes, sometimes water and toilet paper, etc. were out of stock or sparse, but they got replenished. Yesterday and based on some photos DD sent today from Walmart, many entire aisles were getting wiped out.

I'll try Monday or Tuesday for some fresh produce and other items. Maybe by then all the hoarders will be satiated and will be staying away.

Last edited:
My husband bought canned foods today not so much because we're worried about the virus but because our store shelves are getting empty.
We have dehydrated food from one of the other scares a few years ago. This is our desperation food, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter