How To ESTA

Sorry if anyone else has put this on the thread already.

Just a quick note to say that on the Money Saving Expert website (run by Finance Guru Martin LEWIS), it is being reported that the U.S. Government may soon start charging a nominal fee for competing an ESTA

Therefore if you are planning on going in the next 2 years it is worth applying now before they start charging.

Matt

Not sure if the info is in this thread or not Matt, certainly been in other threads but no harm in reminding people.:thumbsup2
We still had valid ones for Easter but I got new ones knowing they could start charging soon, I will be doing same again for next months trip, start new ones again to get 2 years free cover.

Though what's stopping them to cancel all the free ESTAs once they start charging and require to order a new payable one?

Though what's stopping them to cancel all the free ESTAs once they start charging and require to order a new payable one?

I don't think that would happen. I would suspect that those of us that had one in place would be allowed to see it out for the 2 years, and those who didn't have one would have to pay.

No guarantees of course - and until they make a decison as to how and when we will never know.

Hopefully they announce it a bit ahead of time so we still can get a fresh one for 2 years at the last moment.

Wasn't going to bother yet but I'm going to make the effort to do ours at the weekend for our April trip, I'd rather do it early than pay approx $14 - thanks for info:thumbsup2

DH completed the ESTAs for our September trip a while back but we've misplaced the reference numbers - is it best just to re-apply?

You won't need the reference no. at Immigrations, but you can always getting a new number by starting the application process over.

i recieved a letter from out tour operator regarding our Florida holiday & was informed that the charge for ESTA s will start on the 8 th Sept $ 14 per person.

i recieved a letter from out tour operator regarding our Florida holiday & was informed that the charge for ESTA s will start on the 8 th Sept $ 14 per person.

That seems to agree with all the information that has been around regarding this.
Have you got yours already? If not I would get on there sharpish before they start charging :goodvibes

DH completed the ESTAs for our September trip a while back but we've misplaced the reference numbers - is it best just to re-apply?

yes just re apply, then you will have it again for 2 yrs, do it before the 8th september though as it will cost you $14 each after this date
Im going to do all ours again this weekend. flight details and accomodation is optional

That seems to agree with all the information that has been around regarding this.
Have you got yours already? If not I would get on there sharpish before they start charging :goodvibes

hi , yes i have done mine my hubbys & our youngest sons but our daughter & older sons passports have run out so quickly did them & sent them off tues just gone so am hopeing that they could be back before the charge is brought in if not at least i only have to pay 2 charges & not 5 :scared1:

I did one for when i went to Flroida in June so I won't have to worry about filling this out again for my next trip in March, correct? :) Glad I'll dodge that charge!

Yes but I would do another and stretch another few months out of the free period. I had one for our Aug trip but did another one back on Saturday just in case I got an extra trip out of it. It is so much easier and less scarey second time round. Up to you though, I think

Also, I think just updating the informations in an existing ESTA does not extend the original expiration date.

Not read the whole thread, but just applied for my ESTA while its still free. So im right in thinking i dont need to print anything. How does the airport know iv applied? will it just be on thier records?

Hi everyone
I am travelling in November and my ESTA runs out in January
Do you have to have a certain length of time left on your ESTA like you do with a passport or is this fine?
Thanks
Linda

As long as its valid thats fine. Same with Passports for all scheduled airlines(need to double check for charters) no minimum amount required for passports, just need to be valid for dates of travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter