How to shoot fireworks

and that's the main thing in photography. Do what makes you happy.

If you have the best equipement, even if you do know how to take the best picture but you're not enjoying it, why bother doing photography at all?

Kudos to IwasatWDWforamonth to sum it up in the best possible way.

Totally agree... no point knowing how to do it if you don't enjoy doing it.

I work with computers and teh interwebs - I don't particularly enjoy it (in this company anyway) but i do it because i get paid for it. I know a lot of people would think the same about their jobs (apart from the lucky few, eh Kelly?) so it's important to do what you enjoy doing in your spare time and on vacation.

tripods? at disneyland? at 8am to get a good spot for the 8pm fireworks? only in Tokyo...

disneytripods.jpg

Kelly Grannell said:
Holy Tripod Batman!
LOL, now I don't feel so stupid anymore, I would fit right in there :happytv: ! Kelly the best I can do handheld with 17mm is also 1/30, but I usually try to shot at around 1/60, I drink way too much soda to have still hands :bounce: .

don't tell me that picture you took with the Sony was handheld. Please don't tell me that! (you remember which pic I'm talking about?)

0bli0,

they do have nightly fireworks at TDL or not? and what do they do next? just leave the tripod there for the entire day or they actually spend the entire day waiting there?

I remember a loooong time ago at Ayers Rock where there were countless tripod lined up (mine included, but I was still learning then) but nobody was there until the perfect light condition set in, then suddenly tens of photographers shows up and put their camera on their tripod and start clicking. 5 minutes later, everybody packed up their things and drove home.

0bli0 said:
tripods? at disneyland? at 8am to get a good spot for the 8pm fireworks? only in Tokyo...

disneytripods.jpg

That's freaking amazing. LOL I'm hoping to go there next year...I hope I don't have to do THAT!

:rotfl2:

pxlbarrel said:
That's freaking amazing. LOL I'm hoping to go there next year...I hope I don't have to do THAT!

i don't recommend going during the holiday period. there were tens of thousands of locals who come just for the evening parades and fireworks. i have some great photos of the people massing along the parade route who stayed there all day!!!! it was several degrees below freezing and windy. there plenty more tripods behind me and yes - if you had a tripod, you had to get it in there early.

i do highly recommend going and spend a few days taking in both parks.

Kelly Grannell said:
don't tell me that picture you took with the Sony was handheld. Please don't tell me that! (you remember which pic I'm talking about?)
I don't know which photo you are speaking of? I did use a tripod with all of my night exposures when I had my Sony DSC-F717 at WDW, and also when I shot infrared with that camera.

phewww, I'm relieved. Because the shot I'm talking about looks like a 2 second shutter opening. (the one with big willows of fireworks on the 2/3rd left top corner with the castle in purple on the bottom right)

Can someone give me a couple spots outside MK where I can set up a tripod? Is the park entrance any good?

Poly beach is not bad but you better have a serious lens, I would think that the T&T center wouldn't be that bad but i have never seen them from there.

I'll be using my 70-200 f4. Does it get crowded there? As I mentioned, I'd like to set up my tripod.

I like the view from the TTC ferry dock, you can get a nice reflection of the fireworks and castle in the lake.
There is usually plenty of room to set up a tripod unless it's the busy season.

Thanks for the spots...Is there anyone here that has pics on a web site that were taken from outside MK?

:offtopic:

Just noticed you are from Hingham. I worked on the Quincy ferry boats for a while a few years back. Lived in Quincy for 4+ years. I still work out of Braintree. Live a little more north in Burlington now though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter