How's BLT looking? Feeling WORRIED!!!

We just checked out room 8511 a 1 bedroom (our home resort) and found everything was okay.
Good luck and have fun-it really is nice being so close to the Magic Kingdom and the monorail
( i liked to monorail over to the polly for dole whip in the afternoon after my pool time)

We stayed in a 2br 2 weeks ago. I had no issues with the condition of the room, however I was annoyed at the lack of soap dish and towel hooks. Also, I wish the sink area of the bedroom had a door. I usually get up first since it takes me forever to get ready, but I couldn't dry my hair without risking the noise waking up my husband and baby. All small gripes that are trumped by location, location, location. We are considering buying into DVC, and I'm torn between BLT and BWV.

Thanks for all the comments. I don't have an aversion to chipped paint, and chipped furniture or the odd broken toilet roll dispenser, it will bug me. I think we pay quite a bit per year to have well maintained accommodations. Worn is not really acceptable in my opinion. Probably a bit snotty, I know, but they bill DVC as deluxe, I'm not looking for worn.

Thanks for the heads up about the soap dish--I'll bring my own.

quandrea said:
We are scheduled to spend eight nights at BLT next week. I have been reading about how run down it is and have even seen photos on trip advisor showing torn, worn furniture. Starting to wish I'd booked Kidani again! Am I going to be grossed out, disappointed and generally horrified, or will this be a great trip. I was really looking forward to being so close to the MK. Haven't stayed at the Contemporary since I was 16. Many year ago! Any recent/real time reports would be appreciated.

I have stayed twice so far, we stayed in a 2 bedroom in February 2012 and a 1 bedroom in November 2012 and had great room experiences both times. That being said its such a huge resort that I'm sure not every room is a winner, but I figure we pay maintenance fees for a reason so they can repair and replace when things turn crappy. We were pleased enough with our stays that we booked our third stay at BLT for January 2014. I hope you have a great stay and definitely report back with how everything was!!

We were in a 2bd lv (with a fantastic view of the MK too) about 2 years ago and had a couch with a stain on the arm and a chip on the table. Last Nov. we stayed in a 1bd lv that had no damage.

We are scheduled to spend eight nights at BLT next week. I have been reading about how run down it is and have even seen photos on trip advisor showing torn, worn furniture. Starting to wish I'd booked Kidani again! Am I going to be grossed out, disappointed and generally horrified, or will this be a great trip. I was really looking forward to being so close to the MK. Haven't stayed at the Contemporary since I was 16. Many year ago! Any recent/real time reports would be appreciated.

Could be like new. Could be warn and shabby. And the same is true of EVERY resort and EVERY stay.

If there is a problem when you arrive, report to housekeeping / maintenance as appropriate. If not resolved in a timely manner, take it up with a manager at the front desk.

IMO, there is absolutely no reason to favor one resort over another based upon perceptions of what the room quality may be. Nor is there any reason to lose sleep over others' experiences. Expect appropriate quality and deal with any issues that may arise. The problems may require 2 minutes of your time but it's highly unlikely you will encounter anything which will severely derail the stay.

We checked out of BLT last week. There was a big stain on the living room rug that was a turn off. Everything else was as expected. The problem with BLT is that from day one they had problems due to cheap furniture. It seemed as if just after they opened there were postings about chipped and broken furniture.

What bugs me is others not treating "home" as THEIR home!! :furious:

I know I try to leave it as it was found (if not better)

Someone else posted this but I second it. If you find a problem let the Front desk or housekeeping know so they can fix it. We have had lights out at resorts, internet cable jacks not working, stove not working all that a quick walk to front desk or call to housekeeping fixed right up for us. We pay the maintenance fees just for this purpose. That being said the furniture and other furnishings are going to show wear more. Black is easier to chip than wood color. You will have a good stay.

We just stayed in a studio last month. We loved it. I didn't notice any problems with the room. I thought the lock on the bathroom door was odd, but since it was just the 3 of us we really didn't even need it.

I just got back last night from a weekend stay in a Studio LV with a partial park view. It was our first time at BLT after 8 years as DVC-ers. The lobby and halls still appear new, and the room was fine. I might have noticed a ring on a table, and I did take note that they used laminate on a lot of the furniture as opposed to the solid wood they have at Kidani Village. They of course have lots of coasters, which I always try to use, but I guess it's hard to avoid rings especially with kids. Overall, there was no sense of anything run down, and we really couldn't beat the location. We did 8am rope drop at MK yesterday, and it was so nice just having a 5-minute walk rather than dealing with either the buses or the whole parking lot to tram to transportation center to park routine. There were no lines on any rides until 11am.

We are here now. The room was clean upon check in and in good shape. Rug was not in great shape. I have to say that it is my least favourite DVC. Much prefer akl, ssr and okw. They are just quieter and cozier. I think they are better maintained too. We won' t be back. Glad to have tried it. Wishes outside the window is great as is the walk to mk.

Sadly BLT was built with a cheaper product, hopefully when they rehab they can gradually fix it.

It looked scuffed up the first month.

What bugs me is others not treating "home" as THEIR home!! :furious:

I know I try to leave it as it was found (if not better)

As an AKV owner, I always try to clean and keep my Jambo House studios nice. I have done everything from picking up things left on the floor, missed by housekeeping, to fixing lampshades and adjusting the sofa so that the floor lamp is not falling over.

I try to keep my "home" nice and have been in villas wishing others were more respectful.

As an AKV owner, I always try to clean and keep my Jambo House studios nice. I have done everything from picking up things left on the floor, missed by housekeeping, to fixing lampshades and adjusting the sofa so that the floor lamp is not falling over.

I try to keep my "home" nice and have been in villas wishing others were more respectful.

This is how I am. I spent a bit of time working on stains on the rug and couch. Wiped down the banquette. Makes me feel good

We had a great theme park view studio...however the carpet was wet, not damp, but wet...since it was 12 floor and perfect view, we didn't ask to change rooms. It was for one night only....opened the sliding door, it was warm outside, and let nature take its course. Can back to the room later before the fireworks and mostly dry, and BTW the air was still on the entire time...by morning the carpet was good to go....did mention when we checked out...but a assumed that that they washed the carpet and "hoped" that it was sufficiently dried or since it was a one night stay we wouldn't say anything....for that view....they were right!:rotfl::banana:

BLT is our home resort, so we've stayed there multiple times. Love it every time - we've never had a problem! Now, does that mean that everything is perfect? No, of course not - BUT we've not had any problems with it. Then again, we're not the type to really care whether there are chips in the furniture or not (I honestly don't usually even notice that kind of thing).

BLT is our home resort, so we've stayed there multiple times. Love it every time - we've never had a problem! Now, does that mean that everything is perfect? No, of course not - BUT we've not had any problems with it. Then again, we're not the type to really care whether there are chips in the furniture or not (I honestly don't usually even notice that kind of thing).

You should care because unfortunately you, me, and other BLT owners will be paying to repair and replace the furnishings because Disney decided to save themselves money during construction. :sad2:

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter