How's the dog thing going?

The sticky that has actual experiences with dogs doesn't have anything really bad, in most cases people are reporting not having seen any more dogs than before. Service dogs have always been allowed in all the resorts so it is very possible you have been in a room a dog has been in before. I saw the picture of the dog in the food court and it was sitting on the bench not on the table and you really couldn't tell if they were feeding it off the table or if it was just sitting there. We travel with our dog since she can't be boarded or left alone so often stay in dog friendly hotels. Most of them do not allow pets in the food service areas but again, they can't tell you if it's a service animal that you can't have it with you so their hands are tied.

The sticky that has actual experiences with dogs doesn't have anything really bad, in most cases people are reporting not having seen any more dogs than before.

Most of the actual dog experiences I wanted to report were in the theme parks rather than the resorts, and that sticky said not to mention any theme park experiences in that thread. So I was glad this thread was created and I finally had a chance to report the drastic increase in "service dogs" that I observed in the theme parks.

I know that I have no way to prove service dog vs pet but I think that there has been quite an uptick in pets being brought in to the parks. I blame that on the new et policy at the resorts.

I was there last week and counted four suspected pets one day and five the next..... in the parks. Not including obvious service dogs.

At least two were being wheeled around in strollers, one was a wiggly, excited puppy who was being passed around by family members and one was a Chihuahua tucked under the jacket of a ECV riding guest. I'll buy that one or more may be seizure alert dogs or something but what are the odds that all nine provided a service.

I think the policy has brought out the "give and inch and take a yard" crowd.

I hate that CMs are unable or unwilling to confront and enforce.

I can't be sure that I'm not just noticing more because I'm aware of the new policy or not, but our trip a couple weeks ago there seemed to be a lot more in the parks than I'm used to seeing. One gentleman had 2 dogs on leashes with what looked like homemade "emotional support dog" signs on them. I was a little surprised he was allowed to bring both in at the same time as he appeared to be alone each time I saw him.

Aside from that, the only other dogs I saw were at the airport. Including a Chihuahua whose owner let her run around the airport off leash jumping on people. One of those who thinks everyone adores her little pooch so it's okay.

The sticky that has actual experiences with dogs doesn't have anything really bad, in most cases people are reporting not having seen any more dogs than before. Service dogs have always been allowed in all the resorts so it is very possible you have been in a room a dog has been in before. I saw the picture of the dog in the food court and it was sitting on the bench not on the table and you really couldn't tell if they were feeding it off the table or if it was just sitting there. We travel with our dog since she can't be boarded or left alone so often stay in dog friendly hotels. Most of them do not allow pets in the food service areas but again, they can't tell you if it's a service animal that you can't have it with you so their hands are tied.
Dogs aren't supposed to be on the furniture or in the food court so it's proof that the CM's aren't enforcing the rules.

That dog at AoA sitting on the seat in the food court annoys me to no end. I am not against the pet policy, I think there is a place for it with the right rules...but people like this will ruin it. There's no reason to have that dog in there at all (I thought the food court was off limits) and the nerve to let him up on the seat.

That dog at AoA sitting on the seat in the food court annoys me to no end. I am not against the pet policy, I think there is a place for it with the right rules...but people like this will ruin it. There's no reason to have that dog in there at all (I thought the food court was off limits) and the nerve to let him up on the seat.

And they stated he was eating off the table ...

Recent stay saw a dog walking around EPCOT (didnt think it was a service dog) by world showcase.
1 sitting on lounge chair at Port Orleans French Quarter. Another sitting on chair at table outside Sassagoula's.

Did see 2 service dogs at various places but were well advertised as service animals.

(edited since Im not 100% sure)

Last edited:
I didn't think owners of service dogs were required to have tags or other identification of their dogs as service dogs?

Most all the dogs I saw either had a leash or collar or tag that said "service dog" etc.

There were a few "lap dogs" that were sitting on furniture which is kinda not cool.

Im not trying to debate, just stating what I saw.

Has anyone talked to a CM when they have seen pet dogs in places they are not supposed to be (food court, pool, etc?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter