Huge increase with Fall incentives!

Still not sure whether to sign or not. Guide would not give either Oct or Dec use year, so I would not get the 2022 points. Should those points be a dealbreaker? Although it's still a great deal, I'm not sure if I should wait for Poly2. I only have one shot and want to make sure I get it right. If Poly2 is a new association, it would likely have 50 years which may be worth the extra cost of those points for almost 10 extra years.
They would be a dealbreaker for me. Those points are worth $20 (according to Disney), if you add $20 to the purchase price, does it still look a good deal?

Just when I was about to let this deal go, my guide came up with Oct UY and I'm getting the 2022 points! No further thinking required...joining the rest of you who jumped in on VGF. Now, I'm super excited!!! Thank you all for the moral support. :cool1:
I’m hoping for similar...June has just not been my fave UY because we travel mostly Fall/Winter.

He just said Disney wouldn't do that. He wouldn't budge. I figured it was the last day and they were getting ready for the price increase. So seeing the new incentives today, I know it's not better but somehow I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. I guess part of me was planning to buy because it was such a great deal. I wasn't really in the market to buy more until the deal seemed irresistible, but maybe I can resist?? But maybe with no points coming until June, makes it a bit less exciting.
Called my guide yesterday evening, asked for DEC UY, he said he’d get ETP, and got docs signed today, it did push my total to 870 points, so idk your total, but its also 3rd contract I’ve bought from him

I'm just glad that the deal is finally over so I am no longer tempted to buy more than I actually "need."

The new iPhone announcement has served as a great distraction :rotfl2:
I was thinking the same thing. This new deal gives me time to assess what I have, what I may need and to wait for Poly2.

I heard they also reduced price of OTUP to $20 as well. So it makes sense.
Ooooooh. If I had known that was going to happen I might not have borrowed forward points yesterday and bought them today instead.

I wonder if the lower OTUP/MB is reflecting the slowdown in (cash) resort bookings. 🤔

Selling a giant chunk of VGF over the summer probably helped offset some of the rooms they have to sell, but I think a lot of people are finally (either voluntarily or running out of money) done with “revenge/rebound travel.”

Still not sure whether to sign or not. Guide would not give either Oct or Dec use year, so I would not get the 2022 points. Should those points be a dealbreaker? Although it's still a great deal, I'm not sure if I should wait for Poly2. I only have one shot and want to make sure I get it right. If Poly2 is a new association, it would likely have 50 years which may be worth the extra cost of those points for almost 10 extra years.
I got a 50 point add on to our October contract last week, and I suspect those posting on this thread that they got December no problem were also Add-Ons?

This is the second time we've heard that a Dec or Oct use year was denied at VGF in the past few months. Would it be because they've already sold so many of this Use Year that they are forced to spread out the Use Years now and not offer any more Oct or Dec? There does need to be a balance, correct?

Which would also make sense why DVD inexplicably bought back a VGF contract through ROFR when the resort was still in active sales. @pkrieger2287 was the GFV bought back in ROFR a December or October Use year?

This is the second time we've heard that a Dec or Oct use year was denied at VGF in the past few months. Would it be because they've already sold so many of this Use Year that they are forced to spread out the Use Years now and not offer any more Oct or Dec? There does need to be a balance, correct?
Not really, certain resorts have a very unbalanced distribution.

Update: I decided to let the deal pass and then my guide got me the Oct UY, so they can still make magic happen. Signed documents last night!

Okay, good to know. I wasn't sure what the trend was...
The issue may be that they have contracts without current year available, and were you to sell either December or October today you would need to be given current year.

Should be out any day now. DVC news typically posts between the 10th and 15th!
@ehh does a great job on another thread with the VDH sales. I believe they have already posted August VDH numbers over there. Looks like those sales have slowed tremendously.

Reactions: ehh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter