I am ready for it to end

It's really random - we were there for the whole first week of July and didn't even see a dream team member let alone anyone receiving anything.

Dh and I went in Dec of 06 with friends who have gone every year for the last 7 years. Well this was Dh's first trip ever and my 5th trip. Dh and I both were granted a wish of a lanyard. I was happy and the sad for my friends who didn't get anything. We are going again and I don't know what to do if we get something again. I want someone else to get something.
Tina

Honestly, when we were down in January, we didn't even notice any DreamTeam members. We certainly weren't looking for them, or expecting to win anything. I love this promotion, though. I think it's great that they're giving everyone a totally random chance to experience a little extra magic, just for being there.

Of course, just like everyone else, we'd be thrilled to win the DVC, or the castle stay, but it's really the least of our concerns. We're just going to have a great time! :goodvibes

Last time I was at WDW, we didn't really notice the Dream Teams. I did notice tons of people who had fastpasses hanging from their necks, but I didn't even connect those with the Year of a Million Dreams. I was too focused on MY fun to really care that they might be having more fun than me. All that mattered to me was that I had all the fun I could have, with or without winning anything.

That being said, I did miss out on my families one shot at winning. My mother, sister, brother-in-law, and little brother all went on Mission: Space and took FOREVER to get through the ride. Finally, they all came out and joined us chickens who were waiting. We were informed, in the most enthusiastic way, that they had been pulled from the line by a Dream Team, taken to the control room, spent time relaxing in the breakroom with drinks and snacks and were taken to the front of the line. They had so much fun. I was sad that I hadn't been part of that, but it didn't ruin my day, let alone the rest of my stay. I still remained clueless to any Dream Teams.

Maybe my luck will change this time. Can't wait to find out, but I will do my best to just enjoy my time and not spend it stalking Dream Teams, no matter how fun that sounds. :laughing:

When i was there in May--i was aware of dream team members and others that had won..but we kind of just laughed it off saying we never win anything..We never got any "official" dreams, but we had a great experience our last night there...

We made it to three of the parks and we were on the monorail to go to EPCOT. There was a family of four in the same section as us and we got to talking. the dad had a firefighter shirt on (my dad is a firefighter) so that brings up many conversations. They asked if we had won any dreams and whne we asaid no, they said they won the dream ears two times. we were talking about the odds of that and how lucky they were when the dad pulled two hats out of his bag and gave them to us..he said they were for a "brother's" daughter---it was so sweet and shows another reason i love the firemen family!

I feel bad for the OP. We are all human and sometimes find ourselves feeling things that we know aren't right. :confused3 Oh well, we didn't win till our last day, so I can't say how I would have felt. I just know that I tried to be happy for all the people who did get dreams before us. And how magical to know that around the next corner.....

Anyway, we are going back this January and I am thrilled to know that they are continuing the YOAMD! I just saw this and told my kids who all cheered too. But we won't expect anything... just fun to dream, and you never know.:tinker:

OP here! It's been a little hard to read some of the comments about my attitude. I really am not a bad person and I really didn't like feeling this way, but I know you open yourself up to criticism when you post.

Anywho....... We have now been home for a month and those feelings are gone. Dare I say that I was a little excited when I saw that the promo is being extended?? Let's hope they don't resurface next July!

According to a poster in a different post, they extended it another year so it ends on 12/31/2008. She said it was in her newsletter she gets as a passholder. Interesting! :banana:

I had posted that before that was announced.

I had posted that before that was announced.

Actually you posted this above "12/31/07", but hey whatever....was just answering another poster's question because I didn't see that anyone had posted that in this threat yet. :rolleyes:

Understandably, everyone would LOVE to be awarded a dream of some sort. Sadly, not everyone will get one--that's just the way it is. I completely understand a natural feeling of being disappointed when you go for a special celebration and then don't get to experience and of the magic.:sad1:

What gripes me is this: People who can't control the ugly green monster and criticize others who DID win. :sad2: Comments like, "well, they shouldn't have won...they don't have any kids" :confused3 Or when someone wins the Dream Fastpasses and doesn't use the whole thing.:confused3 So what? They won it--they can do what they want with it!

I just don't get the whole 'Well if I can't win then I don't want anyone else to either so they should end the whole thing' attitude that comes accross sometimes.:rolleyes:

It's really random - we were there for the whole first week of July and didn't even see a dream team member let alone anyone receiving anything.

We went in November. it was such a last min trip that I hadn't done any research and had never heard of the Dreams. When we got there I still never heard anything about and never saw anyone like the Dream team and I am happy for it. I am going the day after tomorrow and I just know I will be looking for them, just to see them. It will be distracting. I really am not thinking about winning or not winning anything, it just bugs me that I never noticed them before. lol I just want to see SOMEONE win SOMETHING.

To the OP. I completely understand your feelings and you shouldn't feel bad for them. We spent 8 days in the parks at the end of July and I only saw one dream team. I understand because I felt a little the same way. I really wanted the lanyard for my dd who is a pin trading maniac! (I'm still going to try and get one by mail!) I know not everyone can get a dream come true but it doesn't mean I wasn't a little disappointed.

We did however get an upgrade at the Yacht Club to the concierge floor :woohoo: and my son got a free Mickey Bar at Epcot! Besides that, we got to spend 9 days at Disneyworld! I still love Disney and can't wait to go again but I can still feel a little disappointed, right? :wizard:

In a way im very happy about the YOAMD being extended but in another way it doesnt really matter to me. We were there in June and didnt see any dream team members anywhere. We are most likely not going back next year due to time. But its great to hear when other dream are being granted

I wish it was over too. I have been 3 times this year nada. I am happy for those who win but I am tired of wondering if maybe this time is it.:headache:

OP here! It's been a little hard to read some of the comments about my attitude. I really am not a bad person and I really didn't like feeling this way, but I know you open yourself up to criticism when you post.

Anywho....... We have now been home for a month and those feelings are gone. Dare I say that I was a little excited when I saw that the promo is being extended?? Let's hope they don't resurface next July!

I think a lot of people deep down feel like you... Just read some of the TRs... And I fully understand it, I would too... But we couldn't win anything at all, so there were no reason thinking about it when we went...

I think a lot of people deep down feel like you... Just read some of the TRs... And I fully understand it, I would too... But we couldn't win anything at all, so there were no reason thinking about it when we went...

I just came back today. In the 5 days I was there I didn't even SEE anyone win anything. I didn't even SEE the dream team.

DD did get to be "Pop star of the day" at Pop Century so I guess that is something. LOL

I am glad it is extended. My daughter is the luckiest one in our bunch. She has gotten a dream on every trip we have made since they started. She got several this past July and we all got one on our last day. We got dream FP as we were leaving the parks for the last time. So I have a nice set of them as a souvenir since we did not get a chance to use them. Wish they would let us use them in Dec when we return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter