I did it! Booked my first solo - April 2 - 5..

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
I'm going to be staying at POP Century and this will be quite a list of "firsts" for me..

"First" time getting a towncar or something to bring me from the airport to the resort..

"First" time staying on Disney property..

"First" time staying at POP..

"First" time doing the parks alone..

"First" time dining alone..

"First" time I might have a chance to wander around and visit other resorts..

"First" time using Disney transportation..

"First" time I might get to see Downtown Disney..

---------------------------------

Phew! I hope I can pull this off without feeling lonely or scared...

Any tips or suggestions?

I hope you have a great trip of firsts.

For your "first" solo trip I think Disney is a great choice.

Have a Great trip!

As another recent first solo tripper, my biggest advice would be do it all! And if you ever feel that little birdy on your shoulder saying "You can't do that alone...", tape its mouth closed and leave behind in your room at the POP. Mousekeeping will enjoy the company I am sure! But seriously, the biggest thing I told myself was, "I will probably never see any of these people again so if they do judge me for dining at a nice place alone or waiting an hour for a 'kiddie ride', screw 'em! This is my vacation and i deserve to enjoy it all!" (excuse my language!)

Have a great time and be sure to let us know how it goes!
Mike ::MickeyMo

Thanks CarolA & Mike.. I can use all the encouragement I can get.. :)

You are more brave than I and I admire that! I am going with a friend who has spring break the same week I do. However, in the future, I would love to be confident and go it alone! Have a fantastic time! :)

C.Ann said:
I'm going to be staying at POP Century and this will be quite a list of "firsts" for me..

"First" time getting a towncar or something to bring me from the airport to the resort..

Any tips or suggestions?

After all you've been through the last few months, you really deserve this treat! I've gone solo several times, and the only tip I have concerns dining alone. It took me several trips to get used to it, and to actually enjoy it. First tip I have there is to make sure you have everything before you sit down (if it's counter-serve) and don't get up in the middle of your meal to go to the restroom unless it's sit-down and you tell your server. I've returned with things I've forgotten to find my food discarded and another family "moved in to" the table I was at. I've had my dessert discarded at sit-down. Fortunately, the CM was extremely nice and immediately got me another dessert. Also, you might bring along a little, cheap notebook and a pen. During meals, write down your thoughts, rides you've been on, going to, food you ordered-recording for a trip report or just for memories (I love to read these things after I'm home to relive the memories). And if you can, get a seat with a view. Chefs de France, outside at Pizzafari, CRT, upstairs at CHH are a few I recommend.

You will LOVE WDW solo! I went for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. It was very different from going with others, especially kids. It took me a bit to realize just how FREE I was. The whole trip turned out to be quite a liberating experience. I got cold feet at the last minute and almost chickened out. I am SO glad I went! I can hightly recommend dining at the Sci-Fi. It was a good place to be alone since everyone is just watching the screen. Hope you have a great trip!

I've gone solo before and had a great time. You have no one to change your plans and you can meet some great people. I've actually been alone and just started chatting with people in lines and even cast members working and after the 1st hour of being there, you really gain confidence. Just don't be afraid to do anything, it's your vacation. Talk to people you can gain alot of knowledge about things at the parks and restaurants and meet alot of great people that you could run into again while your there.

Have a great time!!!!

C.Ann...I recently returned from an extended stay in the WDW area (almost 6 weeks! - just HAD to escape the NY winter) I spent SO many days (and nights) at WDW alone. I cannot tell you how much i enjoyed myself. I never felt out of place, uncomfortable or unsafe in any way.

You will notice so many of the often missed details around all of the parks and resorts.

Some of my favorite days were spent visiting different resorts- taking in the different atmospheres. One day the monorail resorts, then the Epcots...I stopped in to see AKL and wound up staying there for 4 days! Beautiful.

I spent too many days to count walking around Epcot...new discoveries everytime...just couldn't get enough of illuminations!

I loved getting to the parks at opening and going in the opposite direction than the crowds...so peaceful...

I was there when the castle was going through almost daily changes - it was fun to be able to pop in to see the progress..

I walked around with a constant smile on my face just soaking it all in. People watching, shopping, snacking....It wasn't so much about the rides for me either...but I've never felt more connected to the magic...

You are certainly tackling a lot of firsts on this trip....I give you a lot of credit and wish you the best......looking forward to hearing all about it!

I am getting ready for my sixth solo trip. IMO I can see more, do more and enjoy more when I do not have to wait for/think for someone else. Plus I find that plans can be more fluid, you can change your mind as often as you wish. Plus I find that getting seating at sit down restaurants is much easier as a single.
Sci-Fi is my favourite single eating place, I have never had to wait for a seat. There always seems to be room for one more in those multi-seat automobiles. Usually it is the back seat but that is okay.
I also find that there is more character interaction for a single at the character breakfasts, as the characters seem to take more time to ensure that you are having a good time on your own.
I am sure that you will have an especially good time.

C.Ann said:
quite a list of "firsts" ..

Any tips or suggestions?

Sounds like my week back in January/February. I had a great time. I did have a friend join me for a day of resort hopping but it would have been no problem to go solo. I know you'll have a great time! Enjoy!! Aah! Just realized that you are already there. Give us a report when you get back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter