I finally join disboard after creepin for a while

Not to mention all the other costs - park tickets, dining, airfare if you use it. Disney is an expensive proposition with our without DVC, quibbling over a few dollars during purchasing is a drop in the bucket unless you really enjoy working for a deal or are buying under a buy/strip and rent/sell investment strategy.

If you bought points for a one bedroom or larger, there is laundry in the room, which is great when traveling with kids - we'd throw laundry in at the end of every day, move it to the dryer in the morning, and fold it and throw in another load in the evening. That kept us from hauling large suitcases through airports with young kids. There is also a kitchen, which we never thought we'd use, and then discovered that breakfast in the room speeds up our days and is way cheaper than everyone arriving at the park starving or trying to get breakfast at the resort when everyone else is as well. Groceries can be delivered to the resort (watch for overbuying). And having the kids sleep in another room kept my husband much happier (I call it the nookie tax).
So true! The price of the actual trips are the largest expense.

It's funny, as we've accumulated more points I still try to stretch the value of them by staying in studios whenever possible. My wife would call me "cheap" with our points :) However in an effort to be "cheap" I say I can't justify spending twice as many points for a 1br vs a studio, when instead we could take two separate trips in a studio! To which my wife corrects me that adding additional trips is FAR from the cheaper option. That fact has allowed me to enjoy splurging a bit more with the points instead of trying to squeeze in as many visits as we can. Even with an AP, flights/food/G+ adds up quick!

Last edited:
I was doing the math and I have taken my kids or help pay for my kids to go to wdw for the last 3 years and we were supposed to go in 24 but after I did the math it came out to almost 7,000 and for that I would have almost paid off dvc. About a year ago I got pissed when I found out that there are two states that you can’t dvc over the phone you have to physically be in Disney to get dvc so I stopped looking and theeennnnn I seen “The DVC show” on podcast and hear Peter talking about resell dvc and sent in info over the dvc resale store and I was texting an agent over there on the website and I was told I could buy. The agent called me as I was driving down the road and I had my kids in the car and I was like surprise guys we are getting dvc at AKL and they yelled soo loud I thought my ears were going to bleed. But I’m waiting on a couple of things and then I’m putting in an offer. Thanks for all the tips.

Last edited:
I joined a few years back (after iterating about a dozen plans on this very forum (and board)), getting and processing feedback, refining my intentions, etc. This forum has been an absolutely lifesaver, not just for DVC, but for visits and details, and times. But it was the right decision, and I looking at AKL myself as a second (smaller) add-on. AKL is probably my favorite resort, so I am already jealous. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Welcome Home! Also, be sure to keep an eye on your banking window for any points you won't use during your use year. It can creap up on you.

Welcome Home! Also, be sure to keep an eye on your banking window for any points you won't use during your use year. It can creap up on you.
Thanks Chuck. Oh trust me I'm going have to. I need to bank 2024 points. I'm planing a big family vacation in 2025.

I just want to get the email saying everything is good and I'm a proud owner. lol

Last edited:
Another rookie thing was (as previously mentioned) we thought it would cut down our yearly park budget. 🤣 🤣 🤣

I can say we are getting more for the money we spend - but we also are spending more as well. Add-on-itis is real too.
Oh I believe it. I seen a contract last night for 50 points and I having a hard time on passing it up. Butttt baby steps right?? hahaha

Oh I believe it. I seen a contract last night for 50 points and I having a hard time on passing it up. Butttt baby steps right?? hahaha

Congratulations! Hopefully you get that email soon. Those small contracts are very tempting. I’m trying to behave and wait to see what Poly2 brings -and to be honest, we have enough points currently 🤣 Just 200pts but plenty for us.

Congratulations! Hopefully you get that email soon. Those small contracts are very tempting. I’m trying to behave and wait to see what Poly2 brings -and to be honest, we have enough points currently 🤣 Just 200pts but plenty for us.
It's just me and my two kids. So 160 should be plenty...keyword should be. I really don't know who is the bigger Disney fan my oldest (14) or me. hahaha. I think I started something that I can't control. send reinforcements hahah

It's just me and my two kids. So 160 should be plenty...keyword should be. I

LOL, it was just Mom and I, we thought 230 points (the original buy in for OKW) would be sufficient. We wound up adding on to a total of 345, within a couple of years. Now that Mom is gone, I've used the points for an average of 2 trips per year, but have also banked points and taken groups up to 16 people,

LOL, it was just Mom and I, we thought 230 points (the original buy in for OKW) would be sufficient. We wound up adding on to a total of 345, within a couple of years. Now that Mom is gone, I've used the points for an average of 2 trips per year, but have also banked points and taken groups up to 16 people.
I was just showing my oldest the point chart and a video of the 2 bedroom that would be staying at AKL and she darn near jumping out of her skin. Haha we were just looking at resale contracts and she wants me to get another one so that we would have two homes and be able to book out in the 11th month and no the 7th month and I was reading the blue vs white card forum and showing her where everything is. I can tell you she is extremely excited.

I was just showing my oldest the point chart and a video of the 2 bedroom that would be staying at AKL and she darn near jumping out of her skin. Haha we were just looking at resale contracts and she wants me to get another one so that we would have two homes and be able to book out in the 11th month and no the 7th month and I was reading the blue vs white card forum and showing her where everything is. I can tell you she is extremely excited.
Remember that Kidani will have 3 bathrooms in the 2 bed :) Your car also won't be roasted parking in the underground garage.

As you wait for DVC to decide whether they want to ROFR that contract (right now they aren’t taking many back, so your AKV resale should make it through) you might want to check out this thread where folks waiting to pass ROFR tend to hang out https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...formatting-tool.3931332/page-23#post-65161767
& once you’ve passed ROFR there’s this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3836891/page-261 which has the most up to date info. about how long it takes to close after you pass ROFR to get your DVC account set up & points loaded so you can book that first trip.
Meanwhile, these guys can‘t wait to see you 😂
IMG_4663.jpeg
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter