I hate it when **UPDATE**

What exactly is a "yard man" ?????????

My definition is someone who comes and mows and bags your grass, weed-whacks, trims, etc. But it could be different than someone else's.....

You are too funny. I have a yard man also. He is more of a yard/pool/carpet/sheet vinyl man, comes in handy for a few things, but won't let me serve him meals in my undies.

Love that song in your siggy, too.

Gee, my husband and I owned and operated a landscaping business several years ago. I had no idea that he was a "yard man"!! During the busiest time of the season I would help out. I guess I was a "yard gal":rolleyes:
Come to think of it, I guess some of our snobbier clients would look down their noses at us....."lawn boy" is even worse than "yard guy". But because they were so dependant on us for every little aspect of their property management and so often displayed their ignorance of anything beyond the scope of their own profession (one customer did not know the difference between a rhododendron and a geranium!) in the end we got the last laugh, usually as we padded the bill!;)

I think my point was made. Your "yard man" may have more upstairs than he lets on. Just go over your statement real well.

We have a "yard man". I don't see why that would be offensive. He takes care of the yard.
I call myself a "housewife". Of course, if our "yard man" would like to refer to me as a "household technician-chef-accountant-repair person- chauffeur-tutor", then I'll call him whatever he wants. In the meantime, he's the lawn guy and I'm a housewife. Not everyone feels the need for a pretentious title. :)

I swear, it's getting ridiculous the things people find offensive these days. :rolleyes: Lighten up!!

JTB, I'm glad you put some shorts on. ;) We wouldn't want the yard man to get the wrong idea. :p

Unless he has "John Smith, Yard Man" on the side of his truck or on his business card, it IS offensive. Many landscapers have a wealth of experience and education to offer their clients and should be viewed as professionals in their trade, not one step above the boy nextdoor who will cut your grass for $10. If I'm overly sensitive about this issue it is a result of several years of being the subject of downward stares and condescending remarks. Sometimes I just wanted to scream at them, "I have a college degree! I'm an RN, be nice to me, someday your life may be in my hands."
I really don't care to debate this any further but do you get where I'm coming from???:(

But because they were so dependant on us for every little aspect of their property management and so often displayed their ignorance of anything beyond the scope of their own profession (one customer did not know the difference between a rhododendron and a geranium!) in the end we got the last laugh, usually as we padded the bill!

I don't see where it is professional behavior to try to screw people over by "padding the bill". I'll make sure I have my pants on (and belted) when the lawn guy comes over. :D

I still don't see the problem??? :confused:

mail man, police man, post man, fire man, yard man, meter man, garbage man, what's the difference??

So tell us, JTB...would it have made a difference if he WERE handsome??? :p

Gee..and I thought this was just going to be a ..."I hate it when" thread. BOY!!!!! was I wrong.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A) He does the yard work on the side. He's an amateur, not a professional.

B) My sister runs a landscaping business and is more successful than I can EVER hope to be so I realize that it's not always a $10 neighbor thingy.

C) I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to have a little fun.

D) No, Alan, him being handsome wouldn't make a difference. (Exceptions are made, of course, for DISers who sound sexy on the phone ;) ;) ;) )

E) At the moment I am not wearing pants but rather a nightgown - is that OK?

HUGS TO ALL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter