I have never stayed at ...(DVC resort)

nezy

DIS Veteran
I have been reading about different experiences as the various DVC resorts and I realized that although I have been a member since 1998, I have not yet stayed at all of the DVC resorts. I was wondering what experiences others have had. So , at which DVC resorts have you never stayed ? Why not?

I have never stayed at:
Animal Kingdom-either one-I don't know why I haven't stayed here but would like to
Poly-definitely want to but usually need more than a studio
Grand Floridian--rather stay elsewhere
Aulani--too far
any Disneyland resort-haven't been to Disneyland

I have stayed at Beach Club, Old Key West, Boardwalk,Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs Resort(but NOT treehouses),Vero Beach, Hilton Head,

I have been reading about different experiences as the various DVC resorts and I realized that although I have been a member since 1998, I have not yet stayed at all of the DVC resorts. I was wondering what experiences others have had. So , at which DVC resorts have you never stayed ? Why not?

I have never stayed at:
Animal Kingdom-either one-I don't know why I haven't stayed here but would like to
Poly-definitely want to but usually need more than a studio
Grand Floridian--rather stay elsewhere
Aulani--too far
any Disneyland resort-haven't been to Disneyland

I have stayed at Beach Club, Old Key West, Boardwalk,Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs Resort(but NOT treehouses),Vero Beach, Hilton Head,

I have never stayed at:

SSR
HH
VB
Aulani

Reason? Really no desire to.

In 15 years of membership, I've never stayed at Vero, nor at BLT, Poly, or GF.

I've never stayed at HHI. :)

Stayed SSR - both main and THV, both AKV buildings, BLT, VWL, BCV, BWV, VGF, PVB, OKW, Aulani, VGC and VB. Though we have ones we prefer more there are things at all of them that we like.

We've never stayed at Aulani, VGC, HHI, VB, and Poly. (We also have not stayed at Treehouse villas and Copper Creek Villas...but have stayed at SSR and VWL...so that 'sort of' counts...)

We have not ventured to locations outside of WDW yet and Poly is on our 'wish' list for next year! :earsboy:

In 12 years of DVC ownership off and on we have never stayed at:
BCV
BWV
HHI
VB
Aulani
BLT
VGF
I think we need to branch out.

So, we are newer members but stayed at many Dvc resorts before buying. We have done BLT 2X, BWV, BCV, Poly Tokelau Pre-DVC, and VWL pre-BRV. We are adding OKW and Kidani this year and cannot wait. Liked them all for different reasons. I have not been to VGF. Does not really appeal to us.

Family has been members since 1996 and I personally have never stayed at:
SSR - ( we just bought our 1st resale there this year, so I expect to stay there soon :) )
Aulani - Very faaaaarr (I am going to Hawaii in July, but I'll be on the wrong island:laughing:)
VGF - was always too many points for us
Poly - we've stayed there, but not DVC, no 2 bedroom suites
AKV - never appealed to my family but I am staying there w/friends in June and am super excited!!
HHI - no reason
Vero - no reason

Only got to stay at VGC for one night many moons ago, but what I remember was beautiful!
I have only stayed at our home resort (OKW) once since 1996, sooooo, even without the above we get around ;)

Haven't stayed at:
VGC & VGF (can't/couldn't get in during preferred travel times)
BRV / CCV (stay coming up later this year)
HHI, Aulani, (so far, no need to stay)
BCV, SSR, OKW (prefer home resort & able to get what we want there)

Once and done:
Poly (lovely, but costs too many points compared to home resort )
AKV (stayed due to traveling companions preference - they have small children who love the animals)

BRV/CCV will probably also be once and done. We'll see. :)

Never stayed at Aulani (no desire to go to Hawaii), HHI (just haven't been there at all), Polynesian studios (we've stayed in Moorea back in 1997 when it was hotel rooms but will never stay there in studio or bungalow), GCV (but we did stay at the GC hotel before the villas existed), GFV (but that ends really soon in a one bedroom there).

Frequently OKW (like 18 times maybe?), BCV (three or four times), BWV (twice, that's enough of that), VWL (three times, and one coming up at BRV), SSR (three times), BLT (one at CR and once at BLT), VB (once was enough), AKL/V (JH twice in hotel room, KV twice and could go back there). CCV? Probably never, we'll stay in BRV instead.

Twenty year member.

We are missing:
GFV - had it on the planning list then changes happened to cause us to drop that trip - will get to it when we want to try again
CCV - new - I like to wait a few months before trying so that the bugs are worked out - will put on the planning schedule for possible 2019
GCV - never been to DL
Alunia - would like to go but the thought of the flights there and back makes it seem not so enjoyable
Just as an add on to this thread - why we like to go to the resorts in 5 words or less:
AKV - Great views and different food.
OKW - My 2nd home, most room.
BCV - Walk to EPCOT/MGM.
SSR - Walking to DS (DTD).
BLT - Monorail.
BWV - Like decor and ditto BCV.
VWL - Woodlands feel, walk to FWC.
VB - Different feel than WDW resorts.
HH - Area history and golf courses.

We are owners for over 10 years and have stayed at all of the onsite resorts, VGC and HHI. What I think is so nice about the WDW resorts is that they are all different. We even enjoy split stays on most trips because it is like a different vacation when you change resorts. We have our favorites, which also depends on the time of year of the trip. We love BCV during the summer for the pool. We love BLT during the holidays for TPV rooms to watch the fireworks. DH loves SSR for its peacefulness. GFV is such a beautiful resort its always a pleasure to stay there. There is something about every resort to like.

We are planning to visit Aulani in 2018. Somehow VB has never come up in our planning, but I guess someday we will go there. We might as well try every resort at least once.

We have been members since 2012. We have not yet stayed at any of the non-Disney world resorts.

Have not stayed at:
HHI
Vero
VGC
Aulani
Beach Club (2 nights coming up in October and hopefully next January)
CCV ( not really interested, like the decor but hate the layout)

We've stayed everywhere else on property except beach club and CCV. Our least likely to return to is Grand Floridian because it's so expensive. There's something we love about all the resorts.

We have not stayed at:
Aulani - on my bucket list
HHI - just can not get a reservation when we can go
Poly - need more than a studio
CCV of course - would like to next year if possible

Surprising that we have stayed everywhere else (DVC)

We are missing:

Just as an add on to this thread - why we like to go to the resorts in 5 words or less:
AKV - Great views and different food.
OKW - My 2nd home, most room.
BCV - Walk to EPCOT/MGM.
SSR - Walking to DS (DTD).
BLT - Monorail.
BWV - Like decor and ditto BCV.
VWL - Woodlands feel, walk to FWC.
VB - Different feel than WDW resorts.
HH - Area history and golf courses.

We are so new (having only rented points) so I'll do this instead too:

AKL/AKV: Animals, great food, now Pandora!
CR/BLT: Monorail, location, and extra bathroom.
BWV: Walk to EPCOT/DHS and Boardwalk.
GF: Restaurants, big rooms, views, lobby.

We don't have a ton of points (in the process of adding on resale!), so we have enough points for once a year, and then we stay in Values or Moderates on cash for other trips. Hoping to eventually try all of the WDW ones and Aulani. Not sure if we will ever venture to VB or HHI because the locations and types of vacations just don't appeal to us.

We HAVEN'T tried:
OKW - not sure I'll like the theme, less convenient location for us
BLT - not our favorite theme, hard to get a studio for affordable points at 7 month window
WL BR or CCV - just haven't made it there yet, I guess!

We HAVE stayed at:
AKV (our DVC home) - honestly feels like home, love the restaurants, savanna, cultural activities, immersive theme
PVB (hopefully our future DVC 2nd home) - location! Also DD loves Stitch and the Murphy bed option
BCV - tried once before recent refurb - not impressed with room, loved overall resort
SSR - tried once, and I liked it much more than I expected for a longer trip - we spent lots of nights in the community room. DD had a traumatic-for-a-7yo experience with a CM (long story) so she doesn't want to return.
BWV - love it, but haven't been back in a long time.
GF* only in standard rooms, not villas yet
GC* only in standard rooms, not villas yet

Last edited:
We've not stayed at GVC. And while we've stayed at Villas at Wilderness Lodge, we've not stayed at the renovated version(s).......yet. =)

Been a member for 12 years. Haven't stayed at

VGF
CCV
HHI
VB
VGC

Hoping to for CCV next year... took the tour in March and loved the units. The theming of the GF has never appealed to me and the point requirements for VGF are high... but I will probably give it a shot at some point. Not interested in HHI, VB or VGC locations. I have done Aulani and absolutely loved it!

I love being able to stay at different resorts and honestly appreciate each for different reasons. I'll be at BCV in July and am really looking forward to spending some quality time by the pool LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter