I have the funniest PP Picture EVER!!! Posted the Pic! 12/09 P/T Report

WelovMickey!

DIS Veteran

But you can't see it now :rolleyes:...

I have to pull you in, get you wanting and waiting to see this picture:goodvibes

How else am I going to get people to read my pre-trip report! Since this my first pre-trip report.

But I promise I won't make you wait too long, some people have seen it. I was in a PhotoPass share last year and they saw it:lmao: (If you had me in your share last year you know what I am talking about.)

Anyhoo let's get to some details shall we?

Cast Members: Me, Ingrid, SAHM, Kaplan University student and mother of 3 and a Disney fan since I was wee little. I was a navy brat and we lived in Orlando for a while and I can remember going to Disney World a lot. We moved when I was 8 to Charleston, SC so I did not go back until I had kids of my own. Our first trip as a family was in 2007. I fell in love and we have been going every year since.
disney08289.jpg

Matthew, husband, construction worker, daddy of 3. He never went to Disney as a kid :eek: poor baby. His first trip was 2007 and he loves Disney now. Not as much as I do but I can complain. He does do things just to get on my nerves. Like last year he would not shave his face just to bug me. I told him we had a photopass cd please shave and what did he do...let's look at one of last year's picture and no this is not the funniest photo I want you to see!
disneyworld2008144.jpg

YUCK! Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my husband but he did this because he knew it BUGGED me. So I can say EEEEWWWW he is sooo much more handsome with a shaved face. He promised this year he would shave! :laughing:

Alyssa, daughter, smart, proud bookworm, loves the villains and Belle, awesome bigger sister and fav ride is TT:scared1:
disneyworld2008055.jpg

Tara, daughter, princess/cowgirl, loves school (cries when it's summer:rotfl:), loves Jesse and Minnie, awesome middle sister and fav ride It's A Small World :hug:
disney081762.jpg

Bradley, son (the other man in my life:lovestruc), funny, caring, loves Mickey, blessed with autism and fav ride is I think The Magic Carpets (it's the only ride he didn't freak out in last year:laughing:) This is our first time going since his diagnose...so I need tips for the moms who have been down this path before. Oh and he has been to Disney every year of his life :) He will be three in July.
disney08404-1-1.jpg

Missing in action: :sad1:Gamma, best mom and grandma in the world! Loves Disney as much as I do. Has been with us every year but sadly this year she won't be with us.:sad2: Hubby wants it to be just us this year. I told him it's going to be hard. Gamma was always there to take the kids back for a nap if needed and we could actually get a date night when she was with us. I don't know what he's thinking........................so here is our happy family last year together:cloud9:
disneyworld2008133.jpg

Ok so that is it for now, I have let the kids run around and go crazy long enough:dance3: I hope you will join me in this wonderful adventure and I will post some details of the trip later.....................:cheer2::banana:

Alrightly people I won't post the picture unless I get some readers that post that there reading! :idea: I am usually a lurker but for my PTR you can't, it's my party and I'll make you read if I want too. Please:love2:

Well we will be having lots of firsts this year.
1.) First Christmas Trip:santa:
2.) First DVC Trip:banana:
3.) First Time Without Gamma:sad1: UPDATE POST 26
4.) First Time On The Quick Service Dinning Plan

This year we became DVC members!! BLT is our home resort :worship:

Our Dates: Update post 26
Transportation: We will be driving 6-7 hours

Split stay: Update post 26

Dining: Quick Service Dining Plan (more about that later)

Extras: Maybe MVMCP I haven't decided about this yet. I am not sure if I want to spent the extra $$, Golf day for hubby, and I am trying to think of something special for the kids. I think maybe the pirate cruise for the girls and the new Pirates League for Bradley.

Tickets: I haven't purchased these yet:eek: I have half the money saved. We will be getting 7 days, park hopper.

That's all I can think of now...any ideas please post away:rolleyes1

Okay, okay! I'm reading! I am taking my *Brand New twins (they're foster children) to Disney in September. They have significant developmental delays. How does your DS do, overall? I took them to ChuckECheese last weekend...I know it in no way compares, but I figured if a big, hairy RAT didn't freak them out, neither would an adorable mouse, lol! They did great and loved getting hugs from him. Yeah!! :cheer2:

Okay, okay! I'm reading! I am taking my *Brand New twins (they're foster children) to Disney in September. They have significant developmental delays. How does your DS do, overall? I took them to ChuckECheese last weekend...I know it in no way compares, but I figured if a big, hairy RAT didn't freak them out, neither would an adorable mouse, lol! They did great and loved getting hugs from him. Yeah!! :cheer2:

Yaa! :banana: a reader! Thanks!

:welcome:

First of all September is a great time to come. The crowds are low and it is warm to swim. My son did well. He said in his stroller most of the time. He was scared of the characters but he would give them a high five. He did not want to hug them. But I think that this year he will do better this year. He loved the easter bunny, hugged and kissed him. He knows the characters better this year too. He gets so excited when he sees Mickey on the tv or computer.
But here is a warning if you are planning to go to the AK you may want to stay away from Its a bug's life. It is pretty scary for little ones, lots of screaming, huge spiders coming down from the wall and bug's flying at you. We did this on our first day and I think it ruined the rest of the week for him. He was scared to get on the dark rides.

I'm here :)
Your family is very cute! Your DH makes me laugh. He just looks so much hotter than the rest of you with that beard!!

Can't wait to read more!

BTW: we tried the QSDP in March and loved it. It was a ton of food and so much easier than dining TS meals with kids!

I'm here :)
Your family is very cute! Your DH makes me laugh. He just looks so much hotter than the rest of you with that beard!!

Can't wait to read more!

BTW: we tried the QSDP in March and loved it. It was a ton of food and so much easier than dining TS meals with kids!

Yaa! Another Reader!! :banana::welcome:

LOL! I know and he was. He is so stubborn sometimes...but I love him:rotfl:

We did the free dining plan last year and we loved it but we were just as filled with the counter service meals and I felt like we were at the mercy of our ADR. We were eating when we were still full from the last meal. Plus I am on edge with my son in the restaurants. I had to leave early with him and let the rest of the family eat while we walked outside. So the QSDP is right for us.

And your son is such CUTIE!

Alrighty I am going to post the funniest photopass ever :lmao: I do have permission to post this picture since your probably going to be laughing at my mom, God love her! This was the only time she took her hat off in the trip for pictures I think. I have been telling for years not to wear a fanny pack, after this picture she said I am never going to wear a fanny pack again!! :rotfl2: She also showed her friends at work and they almost peed their pants. So with out further to do...
First I will give you a normal picture to give you the full affect:goodvibes (annoyed yet..hehe)
disneyworld2008011.jpg

disneyworld2008007.jpg

It was windy that day, can't you tell:rotfl: When my dd Tara saw this she said "Oh mommy did the Yeti scare Gamma." She sounded so sweet and concerned for her Gamma!:laughing:

Now there is more to come, don't leave me now!!

I found this cool gas calculator that goes with the make and model of your car.

For a round-trip from Charleston, SC to Orlando FL is 87.00 I find that hard to believe but we will find out when the time comes.

Here is the link. Try it out. Do you think that it is accurate.
http://www.fuelcostcalculator.com/

Thanks for the link! We'll be driving to WDW from Missouri. It says a one-way trip is 1210 miles, will use 67 gallons of gas and cost $172.89. It has figured the gas at 2.58/gallon- hopefully by then it will drop lower!!

Love your pics! Keep 'em coming!

hello! im here!

great tr so far! cant wait to read more!
that pic was priceless!! hehe

your kids are adorible!!!

and trust me i hear u on the no shaving being annoying. DBF does that too sometimes and i HATE it! he doesnt get that scruffy tho.. i think id faint if he did lol

I'm here! I'm reading (anything to distract me from nursing school!) Looks like we might be neighbors!

The best way to get readers is to read (and post!!)

I noticed your TR title yesterday in it's abbreviated form... it got my attention right away...

"I've got the funniest PP..." :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Your mom is a good sport, for sure!

:grouphug: on the autism challenges... Billy made his first trip to WDW when he was five and we just fell in love with it, too! The WDW company is very committed to making "the World" accessable to families with disabilities.

We're also DVC members (SSR) and thrilled to be working our way through all the DVC resorts!! We've stayed at OKW twice and really really loved it! (But we love to try new resorts!)

So glad to meet you and please PM me any time if you just want to "talk!"

Kathy

That's great that your DM let you post that picture!! What a good sport! Amazing that her little hat was holding all that in! :rotfl:

hello! im here!

great tr so far! cant wait to read more!
that pic was priceless!! hehe

your kids are adorible!!!

and trust me i hear u on the no shaving being annoying. DBF does that too sometimes and i HATE it! he doesnt get that scruffy tho.. i think id faint if he did lol

Hello! :welcome: I let my mom read the PTR tonight and she thought it was FUNNY:rotfl: I'll be over to read some more of your PTR!
I'm here! I'm reading (anything to distract me from nursing school!) Looks like we might be neighbors!

Hi! :welcome: Yep! We are neighbors:) I went to your PTR too and saw that you visited here. The bridge is pretty isn't it? I get nerves driving over it. I don't like driving on it cause it looks there is nothing holding it up in the middle (NO BEAMS! :scared1: )Just wire...well I call it wire. Well it's great to have you here and your son is precious!
The best way to get readers is to read (and post!!)

I noticed your TR title yesterday in it's abbreviated form... it got my attention right away...

"I've got the funniest PP..." :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Your mom is a good sport, for sure!

:grouphug: on the autism challenges... Billy made his first trip to WDW when he was five and we just fell in love with it, too! The WDW company is very committed to making "the World" accessable to families with disabilities.

We're also DVC members (SSR) and thrilled to be working our way through all the DVC resorts!! We've stayed at OKW twice and really really loved it! (But we love to try new resorts!)

So glad to meet you and please PM me any time if you just want to "talk!"

Kathy

:rotfl2: That's funny Kathy I did not even catch that, PP!! :rotfl2:
:hug: Thank you for the hugs. I love to find moms with children like ours. I feel a bond with them right away. :grouphug:
I do have a question. Do you take headphones for your son for the fireworks and music. I think if Bradley had some he could enjoy it better instead of getting scared. If you do, do you recommend any? I like at Walmart tonight but I thought I would ask you first.

That's great that your DM let you post that picture!! What a good sport! Amazing that her little hat was holding all that in! :rotfl:

She loved the PTR so far. She really laughed about the little hat thing you said! :rotfl:

Hi! :welcome: Yep! We are neighbors:) I went to your PTR too and saw that you visited here. The bridge is pretty isn't it? I get nerves driving over it. I don't like driving on it cause it looks there is nothing holding it up in the middle (NO BEAMS! :scared1: )Just wire...well I call it wire. Well it's great to have you here and your son is precious!

I told DH if we ever leave MB, we're heading down there! I am *dying* to eat a Jestine's Kitchen - have you been before?

My poor poor PTR. It's so neglected. But between school & my family, I don't have tons of time for updating it.

Love the pic of your DM's hair! :laughing:

Hi! Just found you and man that is one funny PP picture! LOL! Your poor Mom! She has hair like Kramer from Seinfeld in that picture! Made me giggle, great way to start a Saturday morning! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to tagging along your PTR. I also have 3 kids, 2 girls (11 and 9) and a boy (6)!

Allyson

:hug: Thank you for the hugs. I love to find moms with children like ours. I feel a bond with them right away. :grouphug: I do have a question. Do you take headphones for your son for the fireworks and music. I think if Bradley had some he could enjoy it better instead of getting scared. If you do, do you recommend any?

We definitely do better when Billy uses something to muffle loud noises at WDW! We never tried headphones... although we do see some kids using them.

He uses squishy ear plugs and they really help! :thumbsup2 They are also much easier to carry around since they come in a little plastic container you can attach to a key chain or one of those key chain bobs in your bag.

(I use them too on "loud" rides like Dinosaur!)

Bottom line is: try both ahead of time and see which one Bradley tolerates best!

There is an excellent guidebook that discusses many issues faced by ASD families that I recommend. PassPorter's Open Mouse for Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise Line, by Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma. It is available at bookstores or you can order it directly at

http://www.passporter.com/wdw/openmouse/guidebook.asp

I think you would enjoy it!

Kathy

Hi, I just stumbled upon this report this morning. The photo was a hoot! Your mother and husband must be good sports to allow you to post if for all the world to see! Or are they unaware?

I, too, have a child on the autism spectrum. My DS has Asperger's Syndrome. He is 12. His main focus is geography (maps, interstates, etc) so that really comes in handy with all the road trips we go on! He is our human GPS. We don't have or need a mechanical GPS. He has some difficulties with loud sounds (this has lessened as he has grown older). The headphones or earplugs for loud rides and fireworks are a great idea.

My DD just finished kindergarten this year. She had some attention difficulties, social difficulties, and even fine motor difficulties. So, we recently had her evaluated by my DS's developmental pediatrician. He says that she has some autism tendies (it does run in families) but it also might just be due to extreme low iron levels and shyness. Of course, some of her social development, etc. has been influenced by my DS, so that might be the case too. So, for now, we are increasing her iron levels and will watch her development closely next school year. When she was younger she had difficulties with loud noises.

We are heading back to WDW for a second family trip in six days! :yay:
I can't believe it! There is a link to my pre-trip report in my signature and I will follow up with a trip report upon my return.

It definitely is a small world!
I just love Charleston! :lovestruc My father grew up in Grays, SC (between Charleston and Savannah). We spent two weeks every summer in SC while I was growing up. My brother and his family live in Lynchburg, SC (close to Florence). So, I have been back to SC numerous times as an adult. In fact, the last two summers, we spent our vacation time at Myrtle Beach (Pawley's Island) with my brother and his family.

Oh, and our husband's have the same sense of humor. My DH 'shaved" his beard into a Foo-Man-Choo look too for fun. I, too, prefer the clean shaven look. I keep telling him the clean shaven look makes him look at least ten years younger than when he has a beard. For now, he typically is clean shaven or has a few days growth on him.

Hello!

I have not forgotten about my beloved PTR:flower3: I have been busy. I started a new term in school. I bought some goodies for our trip. I will post those later. This weekend we will be having a family cook-out and will be celeabrating our son's 3rd b-day :cool1:
He will start school part time in a few weeks.:sad: I am nervous a bit because he can't tell me if someone was mean to him.
Well I just wanted to let ya know I am here and will post some new stuff soon.

I think I have 4 months and some days left:dance3::banana:I gotta check my ticker! Poo, I have 3 more days till 4 months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter