I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the most recent round of AMEX 10% rebate at staples and Lowe's came out? Trying to see how much I have spent on our various cards towards these promos...

Quick Venmo question. Still haven't used it yet, can I use DH's card on my account, or will that not work?

Also, if I get him a CitiBiz, is there an option for employee cards, for me? I didn't pay attention when I applied for mine.
Sorry to quote myself but just wondering if anyone knows the Venmo answer?

In bank bonus news I completed the discover savings account, highly recommend to anyone who hasn't done this bonus. Super easy as long as you have at least 5,000 that you can transfer in and out. Now to research doc for my next one...I'm in the market for a new main bank, so probably going to go for one with a direct deposit requirement (since I'll be changing it anyway).
Did you just transfer 5k in and out 3 times? Or did you get creative and mix it up with 2 or 3 k at a time? Also did you transfer back and forth from only 1 bank or use 2? For example, Bank 1->Discover->bank 2->Bank1-> Discover.

Not cooking in the traditional sense. The high today will be about 68 so not too hot or cold. Today we have myself and daughter and the two grandchildren. Mom is now in Miami and won't be home until tomorrow. Dad is happy to let me deal with the kids.

So, we picked up king crab legs precooked so just need warming. Daughter will grill salmon on a cedar plank and I pretend I don't know how - I let it be her specialty. She will do a marinade first and it is outstanding. Also sliced small potatoes roasted with olive oil and rosemary. Plus whatever else matches that is microwaveable or in a jar or frozen veggies and apple sauce<g>. I'm not spending the day trying to get kids to eat stuff that took hours to prepare. They definitely love 'meat' - ie crab and salmon!

And, for easter surprises, we have play doh! Kids love that stuff and I absolutely hate it, but we will do it outside on the picnic table so the mess can stay there. Costco had a set on sale yesterday for 9.97. We don't feed them much candy so they don't even expect it.
Ours was more traditional: ham, homemade crescent rolls, cheesy potatoes, salad, deviled eggs. Limoncello prosecco cocktails. My sister brought roasted asparagus and mac&cheese. My niece and DS made desserts, lemon pound cake and carrot cake respectively. It was all delicious and the weather was beautiful so the kids played outside before dinner.

Got my flights for my newly booked Disney cruise. Doing United. I started backward and booked MSY to CVG for 20,000 miles total for two. Easy.

Then I needed the way down, so CVG to SJU - 17,500 a head. Ok fine. I booked mine then I jumped over to my husband's account because he has just over 18,xxx miles that need used before they expire. Of course when I logged in to get his, the price jumped to 25,000 - doh! So I just bought his flight with cash. I'm getting him a United card when he gets under 5/24 anyway and he has a few months before expiry so those extra miles will be a nice pad.

I am excited to explore San Juan!

And I *still* need to book my tours to explore Barcelona. #SoMuchPressure

Did you just transfer 5k in and out 3 times? Or did you get creative and mix it up with 2 or 3 k at a time? Also did you transfer back and forth from only 1 bank or use 2? For example, Bank 1->Discover->bank 2->Bank1-> Discover.

I did the 25,000, so ended up transferring in 10k then out, then back in, then out, then 5k and all from 1 bank. Did take several days for the transfers to clear, but as long as you time opening the account early in the promotion you should have plenty of time for the transfers to clear and repeat (I don't think I would have had any problem with doing 5k-5x's). The bonus posted as soon as the deposits cleared, first 150 for 15k, so even if you aren't sure you would be able to make the 5 transfers before the due date, it doesn't hurt to try for the higher bonus.

So, now that I have accumulated a good amount of points thanks to everyone’s help on this thread, I have one small problem—I can’t bring myself to part with the points I’ve earned. l’ve become a points hoarder. :rotfl2:

Is this an actual condition? I do want to reserve a Universal trip for next year, but I’m finding myself torn over whether I should spend 23,000 points for a regular room at RPR or pay $30,000 for club level. 7,000 points more didn’t seem like a lot, but I can’t help but notice I might be giving up a nights stay or, at least, part of a nights stay someplace else. Does anyone else struggle with using your points once you’ve earned them? Is 7,000 points per night too much for club level at one of the Universal LOWES resorts? :confused3

Just don’t want to waste any!

So, now that I have accumulated a good amount of points thanks to everyone’s help on this thread, I have one small problem—I can’t bring myself to part with the points I’ve earned. l’ve become a points hoarder. :rotfl2:

Is this an actual condition? I do want to reserve a Universal trip for next year, but I’m finding myself torn over whether I should spend 23,000 points for a regular room at RPR or pay $30,000 for club level. 7,000 points more didn’t seem like a lot, but I can’t help but notice I might be giving up a nights stay or, at least, part of a nights stay someplace else. Does anyone else struggle with using your points once you’ve earned them? Is 7,000 points per night too much for club level at one of the Universal LOWES resorts? :confused3

I'm assuming you are using UR and not $. UR would be valued at 1.5 cents per point if redeeming through Sapphire reserve for travel or 1cent per point if cashing out, so cash value of 7,000 URs are $70, or you could use these points to book $105 of additional travel through the portal. This would not seem to be a huge price to pay for club level in my opinion (although I'm not sure about the perks), depends on your perceived value of club level.

You don’t even want to know how many points I’m hoarding... definitely a real problem.

Why not set up DH with his own account and keep things separate on the Venmo-side?
Because he is fine with all this as long as he doesn’t have to do anything. I can’t have two Venmo accounts with that same cell phone number I assume?

Got my flights for my newly booked Disney cruise. Doing United. I started backward and booked MSY to CVG for 20,000 miles total for two. Easy.

Then I needed the way down, so CVG to SJU - 17,500 a head. Ok fine. I booked mine then I jumped over to my husband's account because he has just over 18,xxx miles that need used before they expire. Of course when I logged in to get his, the price jumped to 25,000 - doh! So I just bought his flight with cash. I'm getting him a United card when he gets under 5/24 anyway and he has a few months before expiry so those extra miles will be a nice pad.

Thats a great cruise! The cruise itself is terrific - plus you also get to bookend the trip with 2 fun places to explore!!

Barcelona is really easy to explore on your own. We were there in 2007 and took the hop on/hop off bus all over the city.

I just finished reserving all my Barcelona sightseeing tickets! With the timed tickets at some places, it felt like reserving fast passes (which I also did a few weeks ago). Some of the tickets were on the UR portal too, which was nice.

Yeah! Just made my first ebags purchase, using the shop portal and I have the Amex $20 off $100! I got a few packing cubes, wind breaker jacket and flat travel toiletry bag. Thanks for the enabling!
Well, you just enabled me, haha! Made my first ebags purchase and used the amex 20 off 100 also. I got the packing cubes, flat toiletry bag and a hanging cosmetic case. Can't wait to use them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter