I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter! Beautiful day in nashville...FINALLY!

Can anyone check Dosh? Mine is showing sams club only $5 back new membership...no 3%. :crazy2: I looked at my history and my sams purchases haven’t credited since 4/11...incl DS very expensive rx a couple days ago.

FML with that. I went to Sams Club thinking ill get 5% uber credit, 2% Dosh, 2% yelp.
to find uber credit not available but now 10%, nothing with Dosh, and Yelp didnt code.

Anyone else get the Amex offer “use Apple Pay on a $5 or more purchase get 200 points, up to 5 times”. Reloaded my Starbucks card 5 times for $5 each and got 1,000 MR.

Didn’t get it on any of my and DW’s 13 Amex cards. Seems very highly targeted. And since we already use Apple Pay with our cards, were probably not the target demo.

FML with that. I went to Sams Club thinking ill get 5% uber credit, 2% Dosh, 2% yelp.
to find uber credit not available but now 10%, nothing with Dosh, and Yelp didnt code.

Same! I finally filled up with gas at Sam's for the first time and nothing tracked. At least it actually coded as gas once it posted. Ooof I thought I was finally going to cash in on all those cash back sites.

Thanks!! From BOS nonstop to Cancun it’s 27K. I’m afraid it will go up but also it seems a touch high to me. I can gamble and wait it out but it might go up too. Flights are in November. That’s one way

I'd be all over that for a non stop flight. It is't often that you will find saver awards open for non stops. I find them when I am online and booking right when they load up at 330 ish days out. Sometimes you will find them if the flight doesn't sell and it is about 2 weeks out. I prefer non stops but am willing to do connections or a flight position when I'm getting a lie flat seat on the long haul part of a flight that I can't get from my home airports.

We just booked flights for DLR this December. Saver awards were available but only for routes with connections and none of those with lie flat seats. I went with the non stop anytime award, 45k pp each way on the planes with the princess seats.

Anyone else get the Amex offer “use Apple Pay on a $5 or more purchase get 200 points, up to 5 times”. Reloaded my Starbucks card 5 times for $5 each and got 1,000 MR.

I got it on the Rose Gold along with an extra MR point per dollar at Cheesecake Factory. So when I purchase my $10 CF GC this month, I'll use Apple Pay and I should get 250 points and a $10 statement credit. Not bad!

Can anyone check Dosh? Mine is showing sams club only $5 back new membership...no 3%. :crazy2: I looked at my history and my sams purchases haven’t credited since 4/11...incl DS very expensive rx a couple days ago.
I haven’t been checking Dosh but just got $5 for the $200 McGC I purchased at Staples for 10% back on my AmEx.

I haven’t been checking Dosh but just got $5 for the $200 McGC I purchased at Staples for 10% back on my AmEx.
I have some of those to do this week but mostly they are on dH cards and the darn guy who works mornings is an adamant ID checker. I may have to try and slyly pay with a diff card than I show him.

It was 78 here yesterday, it was glorious!!! Tomorrow, 48 and rain :-(
Ours is showing 75 and storms so that’s not too bad. When we go to Florida next weekend it isn’t looking great but it can still change. It ended up getting to 84 here today and it was showing warmer than where we’re moving in Florida lol

Last edited:

To agree with what everyone else has said, that offer has been on there for the past few days, but I only noticed it changing very recently (I don’t know exact day though). There was also a really good RMN for Staples a few weeks ago that I waited a few days to use and then missed out on, so I have not been having success in this area recently!

IMPORTANT Update From Southwest President Tom Nealon released today at 4:15pm
https://www.southwestaircommunity.c...n-An-Update-from-Our-President-Tom/ba-p/89805

2 Key Excerpts:
  • ...we’ve now modified our schedule through August 5, 2019 to add further stability for Customers booking their summer travel...
  • ...Customers...affected by this amended schedule, are being proactively notified so that we can reaccommodate their flight plans well in advance of their travel date...
I'd recommend logging in to check if your flights are still there AND checking to see if your flight still shows up for sale. That's just my opinion though as I'm not entirely sure how you'd figure out if you have an issue until they "proactively" notify you.

Hopefully this ends the constant and unfortunate drama of "will my flight be affected roulette"

I'm trying to catch up after our camping trip to Death Valley last week (which was amazing, btw!) and thought I'd chime in with our experience with this.

We received emails while we were on our trip that our return flight from WDW on 6/21 had been changed. The flight left three hours later, but I didn't really think about it too much at the time. Yesterday I finally took the time to really check things out and they had moved us from a nonstop flight to a flight with THREE stops!!

I then promptly panicked and immediately started working on changing our flights, which because of points and gift certificates bought for the Aspire credit were on three different reservations for the four of us, lol. The first two I was able to change through the link they gave in the change email. The last reservation for yds and I, I got a message that it couldn't be changed online. Panicked some more, spent 30 mins on hold with SW and I was able to get us all on the same flight with no problems. We now have one stop, but that's a heck of a lot better than three. I was also pleasantly surprised that we weren't charged anything to change to a better flight.

I currently have 80852 Arrival + points. If I put a $810 down payment on a RCCL cruise, can I cash the all out ($808.52)? Also, what was the site people use to get the best cruise price? I always booked directly with the cruise line?

I currently have 80852 Arrival + points. If I put a $810 down payment on a RCCL cruise, can I cash the all out ($808.52)? Also, what was the site people use to get the best cruise price? I always booked directly with the cruise line?

You can cash everything out at once, but you might not want to. The A+ gives you 5% of your miles back as a rebate every time you cash out, so you'll be left with ~4k (~$40) worth of orphaned points you can't use (since you must have at least $100 worth of travel charges to cash out). I can't remember for sure, but I think you can pick which increment of $100 you'd like to cash out, so you might be able to redeem 70k points, get 3.5k back, then redeem the final 13.5k to maximize your return.

Someone else who has done this more recently can correct me if you can't cash out random $100 intervals like I'm thinking.

Happy Easter, I hope everyone on this thread is having a relaxing Sunday with family! No news in credit cards...hoping the denial letter comes tomorrow, I should start working on a back up option, maybe an AMEX business although I was trying to not really touch amex, will be 3/24 soon, but way too soon to apply for something with chase, hoping to still get on the train as that could keep slow my roll with other issuers.

In bank bonus news I completed the discover savings account, highly recommend to anyone who hasn't done this bonus. Super easy as long as you have at least 5,000 that you can transfer in and out. Now to research doc for my next one...I'm in the market for a new main bank, so probably going to go for one with a direct deposit requirement (since I'll be changing it anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter